• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Harry Potter Satanic?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Maybe I'm weird then, I like debate. ;)

It all depends on who I would debate. Some people are fun to debate, because he or she can accept another opinion. A lot of those who believe that HP is satanic will not accept a different opinion. :)

Sees

Dragonslayer
Some people call it Satanic because it makes old pagan stuff look cool, which it is :D it's ingrained in you and this scares some of the "revealed religion" adherents.

Nymphs

It all depends on who I would debate. Some people are fun to debate, because he or she can accept another opinion. A lot of those who believe that HP is satanic will not accept a different opinion. :)

You would be surprised how your ideas will worm their way in the heads. 10 years ago I was highly conservative, religious, straight, etc. Just very, very conservative.

Now, because of interacting with different people online (especially in different debate forums), I'm 180 degrees different and happy.

Thana

Lady
Explain.

My vote is a big, fact, *******, NO!

Oh my sister wouldn't let me go and see the movie! She said it was demonic and evil and I can't really remember what else but she was adamant.

Then again, My family was very conservative. My Grandparents wouldn't even let me watch The Simpsons when I visited, They thought it was bad/evil.

I never really watched much of Harry Potter (I didn't really like it), But from what I did see and what I remember.. It wasn't really like that. Just fantasy.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Oh my sister wouldn't let me go and see the movie! She said it was demonic and evil and I can't really remember what else but she was adamant.

Then again, My family was very conservative. My Grandparents wouldn't even let me watch The Simpsons when I visited, They thought it was bad/evil.

I never really watched much of Harry Potter (I didn't really like it), But from what I did see and what I remember.. It wasn't really like that. Just fantasy.
Wow about the Simpsons. There have been any number of discussions and even books on how the Simpsons at heart has a Christian message.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Wow about the Simpsons. There have been any number of discussions and even books on how the Simpsons at heart has a Christian message.

Some people will pretend anything they like is a message/homage of or to their path.

Nymphs

google.com seriously - any decent search engine is where I'd start.

Like I said, I want to read the opinions of people on THIS forum, TYVM. I know how to google, and I have in the past countless times. Everyday in fact. I am not interested in that, I am interested in users thoughts on THIS board.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Like I said, I want to read the opinions of people on THIS forum, TYVM. I know how to google, and I have in the past countless times. Everyday in fact. I am not interested in that, I am interested in users thoughts on THIS board.

Lol...no really, you should just google it..;)

Gehennaite

In the old texts of the Bible it speaks negatively about witchcraft because they thought it was real (you have to kill witches, it says), so fundamentalist and in some cases conservative Christians and perhaps some other conservative religious groups have a problem with magic/sorcery/witchcraft being showed in fiction.
But Jesus was a white mage. Checkmate Christians.

biowmageoriginal.jpg

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
its a show about witchcraft and sorcery, so yes.

That doesn't mean it's 'satanic', have you read the 'satanist' threads and forums here? Do they seem similar?no..

That being said, I've only seen a couple H.Potter movies, and haven't read the books.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Harry Potter is about the battle between good and Evil set in a fictional world of magic.
It has many references to the real world of good and evil people.
It is certainly not satanic.

the Bible contains far more references to Satan than the Harry potter Books.