• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Harry Potter Satanic?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
We still have an active Victorian built spiritualist church in Uppermill.
I understand that they believe in all sorts of that stuff. though most of it was disproved or debunked one hundred years ago.
I had no idea the the JW's had settled into that same time warp.
But each to their own. If it is in the Bible it must be fact.:cover:

I didnt mean that we JW's have spiritualistic experiences. we dont practice anything like that.

I was meaning that there are plenty of people who do experience the spirits in their life. Just look at what goes on at some pentecostal churches where they are talking in tongues. thats an example of a spiritistic practice where the spirits are having direct control of them.

I dont know if you've ever witnessed that, but many have and its very real.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
because we are mere humans. We are bound by the laws of nature. We can't manipulate them unless we create technology to do it for us.

And if some humans really did have such powers, then we'd all have them.

Besides, why do practitioners of magice/voodoo/sorcery etc consult the spirits and attempt to conjur the spirits? They do that because even they know its the spirits who have the power.
The statement that if some humans have a power then all humans would have it is easily disproven. Take any ability, acting, writing, sports, math, ballet etc. Some people have talents in those areas but not all people.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I didnt mean that we JW's have spiritualistic experiences. we dont practice anything like that.

I was meaning that there are plenty of people who do experience the spirits in their life. Just look at what goes on at some pentecostal churches where they are talking in tongues. thats an example of a spiritistic practice where the spirits are having direct control of them.

I have witness that. Though I do not believe it is anything to do with spirits or even the coming of the Holy spirit, which is what pentecost is all about.
I suspect it is some form of Hysteria. All I heard and saw were ravings. and swooning. There was nothing peaceful or spiritual about it at all.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Ehh therefore...?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I have witness that. Though I do not believe it is anything to do with spirits or even the coming of the Holy spirit, which is what pentecost is all about.
I suspect it is some form of Hysteria. All I heard and saw were ravings. and swooning. There was nothing peaceful or spiritual about it at all.

i dont imagine it would be too peaceful being taken over by a demon either.

These sorts of things were happening in Jesus day when he was expelling demons from people.

They are real.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member

These sorts of things were happening in Jesus day when he was expelling demons from people.

They are real.
No they are not. Iv'e had enough experiences to know the difference.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
No they are not. Iv'e had enough experiences to know the difference.

Its good to consider what the scriptures have to say about the matter. We should never assume that Satan and the demons will not try to fool us...he did it to Eve, and even if what they do appears to have been good, its intention is very bad.

2Cor 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Its good to consider what the scriptures have to say about the matter. We should never assume that Satan and the demons will not try to fool us...he did it to Eve, and even if what they do appears to have been good, its intention is very bad.

2Cor 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.
Not really, actually its a huge waste of time. Perhaps we could consider what science has to say though.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Pegg

Whats your opinion on the 'charismatic' churches/

charismatic movements often claim to see visions, speak in tongues, and heal the sick

I personally study with a woman from such a church and she has been told that she's a prophetess and she sees visions and hears voices telling her things. She has even healed someone.

My view is that these so-called 'gifts' are coming from the spirits, but they are not from good spirits.

What the bible says is this: Gifts and powers (which the apostles had) would end, they would cease and they did cease after the apostles were gone.

1Cor 13:8 Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with

And what Jesus said was this:

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

The gifts have ceased, and Jesus has asked us to do a different kind of work. If we are practising gifts, where is the power for the gifts coming from? I'll give you a hint....its not from Jesus.

Last edited:

samosasauce

Nope not at all, it's just a really good story in an intoxicatingly well-developed, interesting, creative fictional universe... if good writing is not what God or any other deity approves of then they must approve of nothing

Nymphs

They are real.

That's the problem...there is no proof for that.