• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Harry Potter Satanic?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
humans dont have powers over the physical world. We can't influence the world through magic.

The ones who can are those who obtain such powers from wicked spirits....ie satan and the demons. They are the ones who cause the 'magic' to happen, not the practitioner.

It would seem that humans do have limited power over the physical world. At least that would seem to be what science is now suggesting. If that proves to be the case, that will not be Magic, it will be a natural ability.

The world of spirits. jinn, demons and magic, are like faeries, they are pure fantasy, ancient fantasy true, but still make believe.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It would seem that humans do have limited power over the physical world. At least that would seem to be what science is now suggesting. If that proves to be the case, that will not be Magic, it will be a natural ability.

The world of spirits. jinn, demons and magic, are like faeries, they are pure fantasy, ancient fantasy true, but still make believe.

It's interesting that you look at things that way. The prevailing view of contemporary practitioners of spellcraft is that it is a natural ability already.

In general, spellcraft is poorly understood by mainstream culture, thanks in large part to people conflating Hollywood and fictional practices with what actual practitioners do. Oh well. I don't see that changing any time soon. XD

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I used to know this kid who thought Harry Potter and Dungeons and Dragons were "satanic" (solely due to his church claiming such), yet he had qualms with Lord of The Rings or Final Fantasy. It's arbitrary nonsense.

Nymphs

humans dont have powers over the physical world. We can't influence the world through magic.

So Moses or any of the prophets in the Bible don't count?

The ones who can are those who obtain such powers from wicked spirits....ie satan and the demons. They are the ones who cause the 'magic' to happen, not the practitioner.

So all the prophets in the Bible received their powers from satan? :confused:

Nymphs

the abilities don't originate from them.

Witches and sorcerers dont have powers. They get those powers from spirit forces. Those spirits are the ones who make things happen. And those spirits are demons and Satan.

I'd love to see some proof on this...:rolleyes:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Just a little of my 2 cents:

I guess I am of the "live and let live" variety. If someone believes that HP is satanic, why would someone else worry about? I know we all like approval from others, but, in reality, does it really matter if some people believe a fictional story to be satanic? Is it really worth it to try and convince others that it is either satanic or not satanic.

Honestly, I'd worry more than some fictional book series. But that's just me.

Since I believe the question here to be nothing more than just curiosity, I did give an answer. :)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Just a little of my 2 cents:

I guess I am of the "live and let live" variety. If someone believes that HP is satanic, why would someone else worry about? I know we all like approval from others, but, in reality, does it really matter if some people believe a fictional story to be satanic? Is it really worth it to try and convince others that it is either satanic or not satanic.

Honestly, I'd worry more than some fictional book series. But that's just me.

Since I believe the question here to be nothing more than just curiosity, I did give an answer. :)
Because those people spread lies, burn books, scar children, and seek to ban books. **** them they are my enemy.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Because those people spread lies, burn books, scar children, and seek to ban books. **** them they are my enemy.

With all due respect, not everyone who believes they are evil will do that. Believing something is evil is wholly different then burning books and censorship.

Iti oj

Premium Member
With all due respect, not everyone believes they are evil will do that. Believing something is evil is wholly different then burning books and censorship.
And the ones who wouldn't I wouldn't know they thought the book was evil.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
And the ones who wouldn't I wouldn't know they thought the book was evil.

There are a lot of things that I, personally, dislike but I wouldn't make an agenda of taking those things away from others who don't believe the same as I do. Most people do allow others to have a different opinion and tolerate things they don't like: Including books.

Iti oj

Premium Member
There are a lot of things that I, personally, dislike but I wouldn't make an agenda of taking those things away from others who don't believe the same as I do. Most people do allow others to have a different opinion and tolerate things they don't like: Including books.
and many burn books and seek to ban things they do not agree with. Your point is invalid.

Iti oj

Premium Member
And what people say and think does effect society at large.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I don't care what you believe but that second you feel it should be shared is the same second it can and should be criticized.