• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it ever okay to steal?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Mestemia,

Yes, surely understand that numbers do not matter; it was just mentioned in jest as most are taught that stealing is immoral and to find as to what percentage of humans are stuck up mentally with such ideas was what the meaning of the message was.
Otherwise it is meaningless.
Love & rgds

leahrachelle

Friend Mestemia,

Yes, surely understand that numbers do not matter; it was just mentioned in jest as most are taught that stealing is immoral and to find as to what percentage of humans are stuck up mentally with such ideas was what the meaning of the message was.
Otherwise it is meaningless.
Love & rgds
Sad that we're all followers..

Peace,

I could probably see some situations where it would be okay even though I can't think of them off of the top of my head.
The only thing I've ever stolen though was a 50 cent rock from a souvenir store ;) But I was younger then so I can't say if I regret it or not

It is never OK to steal but sometimes it is forgivable when people do it because they are litteraly starving.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'm not. If war is immoral then wouldn't any act done during war be immoral as well?
I see.
So if person "A" gives up his life to save person "B" during a war, then that act of giving his own life to save another was immoral?

At any rate, though I will agree that wars may be fought for immoral reason, I do not believe that wars are moral or immoral.

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
If it is a case of life or death then the stealing to survive is ok, IMO. However anti-social behaviour such a theft should not be countenanced normally.

Doodlebug02

I think the only time that stealing would not be considered to be wrong or sinful is if you are starving to death or have to feed your family and have no other way. I'm also not certain of the morality of stealing medicine to treat yourself or family members for an illness.

jacobweymouth

Never okay, but understandble. I certainly couldn't condemn someone who is starving stealing -provided they don't cause someone else to starve.

Spiritone

It ultimately comes down to your consciousness. That is what will judge you eventually either consciously or sub-consciously. If you harm others intentionally for your own gain when it is not necessary for your survival, you should have a guilty conscience whether you realize it or not and it effects your conscience existence. It all comes back to you eventually either in this life or later.
When we make excuses maybe it's because we are experiencing karma from a previous existence-----or maybe not. It is our choice eventually, right or wrong.

If you prepare adequately for an event, you won't starve during or directly after the event. And when the weather/event clears, unless we're talking something of apocalyptic proportions, help will arrive OR a family can contact their local EOC to inquire about food distribution. That phone call should be made before the event occurs.

I have a problem with people who justify stealing and rioting (which is par for the course, after disasters) when there are other options available to them. Even after Hurricane Katrina, when America saw first hand how important it is to prepare, our nation continues to be complacent. Less than 20% (I think it's less than 10% but I can't find the stats to confirm) of Americans are prepared for the next event. That's sad.
Your answers just stupifies me. If you were caught in the aftermath of Katrina, with children who were starving, there is no official help at hand yet and not for several days, you are right near a grocery store full of food that is going in the dumpster anyway, and your own disaster supplies washed away down the street, would you or would you not go in and get some food for your children? and yourself come to think of it?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Your answers just stupifies me. If you were caught in the aftermath of Katrina, with children who were starving, there is no official help at hand yet and not for several days, you are right near a grocery store full of food that is going in the dumpster anyway, and your own disaster supplies washed away down the street, would you or would you not go in and get some food for your children? and yourself come to think of it?

I would...I would actually camp out in the grocery store as long as I could get a away with it..Use a can opener (that I stoled) to eat food out of the cans.And hoard the clean water in bottles.I might even steal some soap and shampoo and use the bottled water to keep my childrens body clean and mine.As well as I would steal some towels to dry off with.

Send me to prison.

Love

Dallas

GiantHouseKey

Greetings

This debate reminds me of a Skyclad song that I particularly like.
More to the point, yeah I think it's ok to steal providing that you have adequate reasons.
I think for once in my life I agree with DallasApple.

GhK.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I would...I would actually camp out in the grocery store as long as I could get a away with it..Use a can opener (that I stoled) to eat food out of the cans.And hoard the clean water in bottles.I might even steal some soap and shampoo and use the bottled water to keep my childrens body clean and mine.As well as I would steal some towels to dry off with.

Send me to prison.

Love

Dallas
But where did you get the tent....

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Greetings

This debate reminds me of a Skyclad song that I particularly like.
More to the point, yeah I think it's ok to steal providing that you have adequate reasons.
I think for once in my life I agree with DallasApple.

GhK.

LOL!! How old are you? The older you get the more you might agree with me..But once is enough so dont feel pressured.:)

And I would "share" my stolen goods with you.:yes:

Love

Dallas

GiantHouseKey

LOL!! How old are you? The older you get the more you might agree with me..But once is enough so dont feel pressured.:)
I'm 16. I guess at 16 i've not had as much life experience as you, but from your posts it seems that we have very different world views.
Still, there's a first time for everything so i'm sure i'll be pulled round eventually ;)

And I would "share" my stolen goods with you.:yes:

Love

Dallas
Yay!! :D

GhK.