• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible for believers to believe the Bible has mistakes in it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you believe teh Bible to be divinely inspired, then yes. If it is a comic book, then no.
The message is inpired. Every human word that makes up the message of the Bible cannot be said to "be inspired". The message can really be found within the words whether each word is God sent or not God sent.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Yes, and Jesus came from The One Spirit. Coming from The Spirit does not make one The Spirit also. The universe came from The One Spirit but it is not The One Spirit.
Jesus came from where??! The universe came from where??!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Losing? I was commenting on the whole wacky "The Trinity came from outer space" thing.
Oh. Did someone say that? I should have another look I suppose.

By the way, one post does not make or break a thread, like you say. It just doesn't.

sojourner

Oh. Did someone say that? I should have another look I suppose.

By the way, one post does not make or break a thread, like you say. It just doesn't.
Whatever you want to think... I really couldn't care less. I simply stated that the thread had quickly gone south...

sojourner

Jesus did not come from Mary. Jesus came through Mary. You're so smart but you should learn prepositions.
Jesus was fully human. He had DNA. He came from Mary. Just like I came from my mother, and you came from your mother.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I don't reject Jesus divinity. Neither do Jehovah's Witnesses. Do you know what divinity means?
I thought JW's do reject Jesus' divinity. Maybe I'm using the word differently than you are. Various dictionaries define it as "the quality or state of being a god," "the quality or state of being divine," or "any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force." Using these definitions, do you think Jehovah's Witnesses reject Jesus Christ's divinity? Using these definitions, do you? If you would define the word "divinity" differently, could you please explain your understanding of the word? Thanks.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought JW's do reject Jesus' divinity. Maybe I'm using the word differently than you are. Various dictionaries define it as "the quality or state of being a god," "the quality or state of being divine," or "any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force." Using these definitions, do you think Jehovah's Witnesses reject Jesus Christ's divinity? Using these definitions, do you? If you would define the word "divinity" differently, could you please explain your understanding of the word? Thanks.

The JW and I agree Jesus is divine in accordance with each word underlined. I believe Jesus is not happy worshipped.