• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible for believers to believe the Bible has mistakes in it?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I would disagree with you saying that God makes us holy. Individuals and community of believers make God holy. I would argue that listening to one's heart, living a spiritual life is akin to what Christianity owns as being likened to God. Briefly, I'd say that Genesis 1; 27 is to explain that everyone has this spiritual likeness of God even if there is not God.
Disagree all you like. I don't know where you're getting your information, but the bible and Tradition make clear that God calls people and sets them apart (makes holy, or sacred) for specific ministries.

sojourner

You see, no one agrees about God. My 40 years of searching for the truth and your seminary degree. I would not be saying what I say if biblical scholars and theologians did not back my thoughts up.
What, precisely, are you saying that is "backed up" by scholars and theologians?

sojourner

I really look closely to what Catholicism says. I search the Bible and I look towards the ancient languages for further verification. Nonsense? You sound like the Magisterium, "Please, let's stop this nonsense thinking that there's nothing in the Bible that says that Christ is God. Go brush up on your Biblical knowledge."
You've missed something in your scrutiny.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I think many need to know that Jesus is God, just so that they can keep their belief system and feel safe in that belief, if they knew the truth it would destroy everything in their life, so, shhh.

Yeah, no. We know you don't like Christianity so I don't know why you bother in these threads. It's very annoying.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Adam and Eve are two different people with different bodies and different souls but God calls them "one flesh". Calling a married couple one flesh makes Jesus saying he is one with God mean nothing new. It doesn't mean they are the same person as in the trinity just like calling a married couple one flesh does not make them one flesh.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh. hahahahaha it's a METAPHOR. OK. Then prove what Jesus said isn't also a metaphor. Please and thank you.

Faybull

Okay...But to what avail would the mistakes serve? Are the mistakes inadvertent? Is it a result from mistaken translations?
Is it possible for a believer to believe that there are untruths added to the truth?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Okay...But to what avail would the mistakes serve? Are the mistakes inadvertent? Is it a result from mistaken translations?
Is it possible for a believer to believe that there are untruths added to the truth?
It is possible. It is like freecell the game. You keep on looking for the right order of card values. Most of the time it works. I think some games can't be won but I suck at math so I don't know.

Sabour

Don't be worried about what is possible, seek the truth with your heart and the truth shall free you.