• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible for believers to believe the Bible has mistakes in it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
True Christians are 100% in agreement-1Corinthians 1:10------ its the illusion of what one is told that is Christian that you speak of. There is no disunity with the followers of Jesus. One religion.
What are they 100% in agreement with? Surely not all your dogma is agreed on by everyone. I know at least two people who are not in agreement about reporting the time we spend in the ministry.

You needn't lecture me on word meanings. I have a seminary degree and years of professional ministry that insures I'm in the know. My point was that the bible does in fact allude to the notion that God knows about our future, since it is God that makes us sacred -- or sets us apart -- for ministry. That divine call not only sets us apart practically for certain work, it is also formational, that is, it changes who we are -- makes us become someone different, just as Jacob became Israel, a people set apart as specially favored.

I would disagree with you saying that God makes us holy. Individuals and community of believers make God holy. I would argue that listening to one's heart, living a spiritual life is akin to what Christianity owns as being likened to God. Briefly, I'd say that Genesis 1; 27 is to explain that everyone has this spiritual likeness of God even if there is not God.

You needn't lecture me on word meanings. I have a seminary degree and years of professional ministry that insures I'm in the know. My point was that the bible does in fact allude to the notion that God knows about our future, since it is God that makes us sacred -- or sets us apart -- for ministry. That divine call not only sets us apart practically for certain work, it is also formational, that is, it changes who we are -- makes us become someone different, just as Jacob became Israel, a people set apart as specially favored.

You see, no one agrees about God. My 40 years of searching for the truth and your seminary degree. I would not be saying what I say if biblical scholars and theologians did not back my thoughts up.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
OK. When someone called him "Good" why did he say "why do you call ME good, no one is good but God alone"?

There's two reasons for this. First, Jesus has two Natures - human and Divine. Sometimes He is speaking from His Divinity and sometimes He is speaking from His humanity. The second is that part of the reason for Jesus' Incarnation was to teach us the proper way of living and viewing things as a human being. So, in that verse, He is saying that only God is absolutely good. Humans cannot make that claim.

26 Eight days later, his disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. The doors were shut, but Jesus came and stood among them, and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side; do not be faithless, but believing.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” - John 20:26-28

Please, let's stop this nonsense thinking that there's nothing in the Bible that says that Christ is God. Go brush up on your Biblical knowledge.
I really look closely to what Catholicism says. I search the Bible and I look towards the ancient languages for further verification. Nonsense? You sound like the Magisterium, "Please, let's stop this nonsense thinking that there's nothing in the Bible that says that Christ is God. Go brush up on your Biblical knowledge."

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's two reasons for this. First, Jesus has two Natures - human and Divine. Sometimes He is speaking from His Divinity and sometimes He is speaking from His humanity. The second is that part of the reason for Jesus' Incarnation was to teach us the proper way of living and viewing things as a human being. So, in that verse, He is saying that only God is absolutely good. Humans cannot make that claim.
So you're saying Jesus as God was not good?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I really look closely to what Catholicism says. I search the Bible and I look towards the ancient languages for further verification. Nonsense? You sound like the Magisterium, "Please, let's stop this nonsense thinking that there's nothing in the Bible that says that Christ is God. Go brush up on your Biblical knowledge."

Nothing to do with Catholicism specifically. It's not only Catholics who believe in the Trinity. The vast majority of Christians do - Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant. Others believe that Jesus is God but reject the Trinity, such as Oneness Pentecostals and Mormons. The rest reject His Divinity, but they're very much the minority of all views.

Sabour

OK. When someone called him "Good" why did he say "why do you call ME good, no one is good but God alone"?

Because Jesus peace be upon him always taught that there is One God and that we should worship God, he didn't want people to worship him as they are doing today?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Because Jesus peace be upon him always taught that there is One God and that we should worship God, he didn't want people to worship him as they are doing today?

I already explained that verse above. Also, Jesus was worshiped in the Bible.

This is a Protestant site but it does list examples of Christ being worshiped in the NT: Does the Bible describe Jesus being worshiped?