• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible for believers to believe the Bible has mistakes in it?

Faybull

No, they are equal in Divinity and power but have different roles.

How are they equal in power and divinity? For divinity to be equaled, there is no need for Jesus to praise God, or is there?

For power to be equaled, Jesus could of raised himself up, or no?

How exactly does the scripture show that they are equaled in both?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
BTW, Is that a picture of you? If so, gnarly beard.
No that's a picture of Osho, remember the orange people, he was their Guru. Yes I like Myths, or the Mythologies of religion, I just don't like the idea of getting caught up in silly arguing over something that may of never happened, we miss the whole point of the stories by doing so.

Simplelogic

26 Eight days later, his disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. The doors were shut, but Jesus came and stood among them, and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side; do not be faithless, but believing.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” - John 20:26-28

Please, let's stop this nonsense thinking that there's nothing in the Bible that says that Christ is God. Go brush up on your Biblical knowledge.

I'm getting tired of covering this over and over again. Thomas would have used the word elohim. This title can refer to God and man. Yeshua corrects the Pharisees when they question him about being God. Here are two messianic Psalms which use the word elohim in reference to a man:

I said, "You are gods (literally "elohim"), and all you are children of the Most High." Psalm 82:6

In another Messianic Psalm, the Messiah himself is called god.

"Your throne, O god (elohim) is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore god (elohim), your God has anointed you with the oil of gladness more than your companions." Psalm 45:6-7

Yahshua also claimed to be the son of God. As we have seen from Psalm 82:6 as quoted above, YHWH even calls men gods because they are His "children". To a certain extent, Scripture indicates that each of us can claim the title of god, and son or daughter of God! Yahshua as much as said, "so what's the big deal about me claiming to be the son of God?" when he quoted the same Psalm to the religious leaders after they got all bent out of shape over the same issue.

Yahshua answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I said, You are gods'? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the son of God'?" John 10:34-36
Being a son of God does not make one equal to the Father. This rationale by the religious leaders in John 5:18 was leveled as an accusation so they could find some grounds on which do away with Yahshua. Though being a son of God who came from heaven is not the same as being YHWH, it still made Yahshua much greater than the religious leaders, and many of them were threatened by it.

Yahshua also claimed to be the son of God. As we have seen from Psalm 82:6 as quoted above, YHWH even calls men gods because they are His "children". To a certain extent, Scripture indicates that each of us can claim the title of god, and son or daughter of God! Yahshua as much as said, "so what's the big deal about me claiming to be the son of God?" when he quoted the same Psalm to the religious leaders after they got all bent out of shape over the same issue.

Yahshua answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I said, You are gods'? If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the son of God'?" John 10:34-36

Being a son of God does not make one equal to the Father. This rationale by the religious leaders in John 5:18 was leveled as an accusation so they could find some grounds on which do away with Yahshua. Though being a son of God who came from heaven is not the same as being YHWH, it still made Yahshua much greater than the religious leaders, and many of them were threatened by it.

www.judaismvschristianity.com

Faybull

I'm getting tired of covering this over and over again. Thomas would have used the word elohim. This title can refer to God and man. Yeshua corrects the Pharisees when they question him about being God. Here are two messianic Psalms which use the word elohim in reference to a man:

I said, "You are gods (literally "elohim"), and all you are children of the Most High." Psalm 82:6

In another Messianic Psalm, the Messiah himself is called god.

"Your throne, O god (elohim) is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore god (elohim), your God has anointed you with the oil of gladness more than your companions." Psalm 45:6-7

www.judaismvschristianity.com

It could be an expression. Not a literal comment directed to him as being God.

Faybull

I must admit, I get tired of shaving...It just seems redundant and besides, living in the desert, it keeps my face cleaner and me cooler.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nothing to do with Catholicism specifically. It's not only Catholics who believe in the Trinity. The vast majority of Christians do - Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant. Others believe that Jesus is God but reject the Trinity, such as Oneness Pentecostals and Mormons. The rest reject His Divinity, but they're very much the minority of all views.
I don't reject Jesus divinity. Neither do Jehovah's Witnesses. Do you know what divinity means?