• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it true the Kabbha was a Hindu temple?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
does anyone know the name of a RF staff, i think i should ask them about this. someone has written something for me, and it wasn't me.

nawab

I think this guy below is drunk or stoned, bro kindly seek proffesional help

This morning there was a knock at my door. When I answered the door I found a well groomed, nicely dressed couple. The man spoke first:
John: "Hi! I'm John, and this is Mary."
Mary: "Hi! We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's butt with us."
Me: "Pardon me?! What are you talking about? Who's Hank, and why would I want to kiss His butt?"
John: "If you kiss Hank's butt, He'll give you a million dollars; and if you don't, He'll kick the snot out of you."
Me: "What? Is this some sort of bizarre mob shake-down?"
John: "Hank is a billionaire philanthropist. Hank built this town. Hank owns this town. He can do whatever He wants, and what He wants is to give you a million dollars, but He can't until you kiss His butt."
Me: "That doesn't make any sense. Why..."
Mary: "Who are you to question Hank's gift? Don't you want a million dollars? Isn't it worth a little kiss on the butt?"
Me: "Well maybe, if it's legit, but..."
John: "Then come kiss Hank's butt with us."
Me: "Do you kiss Hank's butt often?"
Mary: "Oh yes, all the time..."
Me: "And has He given you a million dollars?"
John: "Well no. You don't actually get the money until you leave town."
Me: "So why don't you just leave town now?"
Mary: "You can't leave until Hank tells you to, or you don't get the money, and He kicks the snot out of you."
Me: "Do you know anyone who kissed Hank's butt, left town, and got the million dollars?"
John: "My mother kissed Hank's butt for years. She left town last year, and I'm sure she got the money."
Me: "Haven't you talked to her since then?"
John: "Of course not, Hank doesn't allow it."
Me: "So what makes you think He'll actually give you the money if you've never talked to anyone who got the money?"
Mary: "Well, He gives you a little bit before you leave. Maybe you'll get a raise, maybe you'll win a small lotto, maybe you'll just find a twenty-dollar bill on the street."
Me: "What's that got to do with Hank?"
John: "Hank has certain 'connections.'"
Me: "I'm sorry, but this sounds like some sort of bizarre con game."
John: "But it's a million dollars, can you really take the chance? And remember, if you don't kiss Hank's butt He'll kick the snot out of you."
Me: "Maybe if I could see Hank, talk to Him, get the details straight from Him..."
Mary: "No one sees Hank, no one talks to Hank."
Me: "Then how do you kiss His butt?"
John: "Sometimes we just blow Him a kiss, and think of His butt. Other times we kiss Karl's butt, and he passes it on."
Me: "Who's Karl?"
Mary: "A friend of ours. He's the one who taught us all about kissing Hank's butt. All we had to do was take him out to dinner a few times."
Me: "And you just took his word for it when he said there was a Hank, that Hank wanted you to kiss His butt, and that Hank would reward you?"
John: "Oh no! Karl has a letter he got from Hank years ago explaining the whole thing. Here's a copy; see for yourself."

From the Desk of Karl
  1. Kiss Hank's butt and He'll give you a million dollars when you leave town.
  2. Use alcohol in moderation.
  3. Kick the snot out of people who aren't like you.
  4. Eat right.
  5. Hank dictated this list Himself.
  6. The moon is made of green cheese.
  7. Everything Hank says is right.
  8. Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
  9. Don't use alcohol.
  10. Eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.
  11. Kiss Hank's butt or He'll kick the snot out of you.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
I think this guy below is drunk or stoned, bro kindly seek proffesional help

This morning there was a knock at my door. When I answered the door I found a well groomed, nicely dressed couple. The man spoke first:
John: "Hi! I'm John, and this is Mary."
Mary: "Hi! We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's butt with us."
Me: "Pardon me?! What are you talking about? Who's Hank, and why would I want to kiss His butt?"
John: "If you kiss Hank's butt, He'll give you a million dollars; and if you don't, He'll kick the snot out of you."
Me: "What? Is this some sort of bizarre mob shake-down?"
John: "Hank is a billionaire philanthropist. Hank built this town. Hank owns this town. He can do whatever He wants, and what He wants is to give you a million dollars, but He can't until you kiss His butt."
Me: "That doesn't make any sense. Why..."
Mary: "Who are you to question Hank's gift? Don't you want a million dollars? Isn't it worth a little kiss on the butt?"
Me: "Well maybe, if it's legit, but..."
John: "Then come kiss Hank's butt with us."
Me: "Do you kiss Hank's butt often?"
Mary: "Oh yes, all the time..."
Me: "And has He given you a million dollars?"
John: "Well no. You don't actually get the money until you leave town."
Me: "So why don't you just leave town now?"
Mary: "You can't leave until Hank tells you to, or you don't get the money, and He kicks the snot out of you."
Me: "Do you know anyone who kissed Hank's butt, left town, and got the million dollars?"
John: "My mother kissed Hank's butt for years. She left town last year, and I'm sure she got the money."
Me: "Haven't you talked to her since then?"
John: "Of course not, Hank doesn't allow it."
Me: "So what makes you think He'll actually give you the money if you've never talked to anyone who got the money?"
Mary: "Well, He gives you a little bit before you leave. Maybe you'll get a raise, maybe you'll win a small lotto, maybe you'll just find a twenty-dollar bill on the street."
Me: "What's that got to do with Hank?"
John: "Hank has certain 'connections.'"
Me: "I'm sorry, but this sounds like some sort of bizarre con game."
John: "But it's a million dollars, can you really take the chance? And remember, if you don't kiss Hank's butt He'll kick the snot out of you."
Me: "Maybe if I could see Hank, talk to Him, get the details straight from Him..."
Mary: "No one sees Hank, no one talks to Hank."
Me: "Then how do you kiss His butt?"
John: "Sometimes we just blow Him a kiss, and think of His butt. Other times we kiss Karl's butt, and he passes it on."
Me: "Who's Karl?"
Mary: "A friend of ours. He's the one who taught us all about kissing Hank's butt. All we had to do was take him out to dinner a few times."
Me: "And you just took his word for it when he said there was a Hank, that Hank wanted you to kiss His butt, and that Hank would reward you?"
John: "Oh no! Karl has a letter he got from Hank years ago explaining the whole thing. Here's a copy; see for yourself."

From the Desk of Karl
  1. Kiss Hank's butt and He'll give you a million dollars when you leave town.
  2. Use alcohol in moderation.
  3. Kick the snot out of people who aren't like you.
  4. Eat right.
  5. Hank dictated this list Himself.
  6. The moon is made of green cheese.
  7. Everything Hank says is right.
  8. Wash your hands after going to the bathroom.
  9. Don't use alcohol.
  10. Eat your wieners on buns, no condiments.
  11. Kiss Hank's butt or He'll kick the snot out of you.

He may not necessarily be drunk or stoned. He appears to be indulging in a literary art called satire and in all probability he is satirizing Christianity/Islam and its promise of heaven conditional upon believe.

nawab

isnt that goes for hinduism as well promise of being a human in the next life instead of a rat or an insect upon belief

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
isnt that goes for hinduism as well promise of being a human in the next life instead of a rat or an insect upon belief
Hinduism is all about uncovering one's potential. Either we awaken ourselves or we are awakened by the experience of life. It is not about promises of virgins and wine in exchange for loyalty.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
does anyone know the name of a RF staff, i think i should ask them about this. someone has written something for me, and it wasn't me.
This is a serious charge. It appears someone has impersonated eselam and written. It happened once to me on another forum. There it was no surprise because that forum did not have in-built safeguards against that sort of thing. But I am surprised that it could happen in RF. The administrators must look into this matter and find out if some loophole in the system was exploited by someone.

nawab

You cant get that offer you are lucky enough if you did not reincarnate into an animal or insect because you were naughty for us its the end once but for you i dont know how many times will you be re-incarnating into i dont know what.

ah, i remember you now so did you found your potential and became divine already or you are also still uncovering or awakening

Hinduism is all about uncovering one's potential. Either we awaken ourselves or we are awakened by the experience of life. It is not about promises of virgins and wine in exchange for loyalty.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
You cant get that offer you are lucky enough if you did not reincarnate into an animal or insect because you were naughty for us its the end once but for you i dont know how many times will you be re-incarnating into i dont know what.

ah, i remember you now so did you found your potential and became divine already or you are also still uncovering or awakening
Ah, you remember me! Let me assure you that I have made some progress in becoming more divine, but I still have a long way to go. At least a couple of lifetimes. Incidentally, what makes you think the life of an insect is any less virtuous than that of a human being? All life is sacred. We go through as many forms as required to finally awaken to our true self - Allah in your parlance.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
This is a serious charge. It appears someone has impersonated eselam and written. It happened once to me on another forum. There it was no surprise because that forum did not have in-built safeguards against that sort of thing. But I am surprised that it could happen in RF. The administrators must look into this matter and find out if some loophole in the system was exploited by someone.

do you know someone that i can ask about this?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Ah, you remember me! Let me assure you that I have made some progress in becoming more divine, but I still have a long way to go. At least a couple of lifetimes.

can i ask some questions related to this i hope you don't mind and please do not think that i am trying to be rude or dissrespectfull i would appeciate that.

how does one reach a higher level of devinity?
and say if someone dies and they become an animal for example (if one kills animals or is a siner then thy turn to a lower life form is that right?)
so would they have the conciousness as before (will they be able to remember how life as a human was) will they have any memorries of the previous life (ie. a human one)

Incidentally, what makes you think the life of an insect is any less virtuous than that of a human being?

i don't know if tis is the right thread but i will make another question to you since you are the only hindu follower who doesn't hate me, nor accuses me of nothing.
if by any chance you would like to answer my question on a thread thats more appropriate then please do so in this Hinduism: ask your question (note: go to the first part not the second one). this is my question

the life of an insect or anything appart from a human has no free will but that of a human does, right. so which of these life forms is better to be in. and do all animals turn to human if they follow that which they are sopposed to (they have no free will so they have to obey everything otherwise they don't become humans)

All life is sacred. We go through as many forms as required to finally awaken to our true self

but in this world isn't the human form the more sacred one, for then is the only time when one can reach complete devinity. as a lower life form one needs to work his way up to the human form , right. (i think this is also related to the above question i made, i think i answered my own question :D) and as a human, then and only then, can devinity be reached and thus leading to the master (the bigger being) after death, is this right so far.

i hope you don't mind me asking. if you do then don't answer me that will be fine, it is not the right place anyway

do you know someone that i can ask about this?
Try PM'ing Markablue, Mister T or MysticSang'ha. They are all admins so they can help you.

I am guessing someone knows your password or has gone onto your computer and this website and posted it.

Pretty funny post though :D

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
how does one reach a higher level of devinity?

By, as a Muslim, seeking Allah and filling your consciousness with Him. You can’t become divine by just seeking to become a loyal member of Allah’s army of slaves.

and say if someone dies and they become an animal for example (if one kills animals or is a siner then thy turn to a lower life form is that right?
so would they have the conciousness as before (will they be able to remember how life as a human was) will they have any memorries of the previous life (ie. a human one)

Look, it is not important to bother about what becomes of one after one dies. What is important is to realize that one does not die, only the body or form changes. We are not the body. If not, what are we? Pursuing this knowledge will bring peace and awakening to us. Upon awakening, there is no doubt we will be able to remember all our previous lives. Krishna and Buddha have both claimed to remember past lives, as have many others.

the life of an insect or anything appart from a human has no free will but that of a human does, right. so which of these life forms is better to be in. and do all animals turn to human if they follow that which they are sopposed to (they have no free will so they have to obey everything otherwise they don't become humans)

Existence does not need will. Existence is simply life celebrating itself. Humans have free will, but isn’t there a limit to our will’s freedom? When we realize that we have always been free, we shall no more need to will anything.

but in this world isn't the human form the more sacred one, for then is the only time when one can reach complete devinity. as a lower life form one needs to work his way up to the human form , right. (i think this is also related to the above question i made, i think i answered my own question ) and as a human, then and only then, can devinity be reached and thus leading to the master (the bigger being) after death, is this right so far.

All forms are equally sacred, because forms are nothing other than the one eternal life itself, dressed up variously.

i hope you don't mind me asking. if you do then don't answer me that will be fine, it is not the right place anyway

All time and place is appropriate when the subject is spirituality.

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
thanks alot for your answers K.Venugopal. i appreciate that, i understand them now. thanks

nawab

I see you are still after divinity last time during my debate i told you i was waiting for you to become divine and to follow you, i guess you are still on the verge of becoming divine

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
I see you are still after divinity last time during my debate i told you i was waiting for you to become divine and to follow you, i guess you are still on the verge of becoming divine
Yes, your are right. Only, I am not "on the verge of 'becoming' divine", but on course. Follow me? You don't have to follow anyone to discover your own divinity. You have only to be convinced that you are divine to begin your lone and timeless journey.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
It's not true kabbha has never been a hindu temple,a pagan but not hindu.
It is true that Kaa'ba was a place of worship with idols. Mohammad, saying that it was originally built by Abraham, destroyed the idols therein and claimed the temple as Islam's holiest mosque. This same logic is applied when converts are called reverts - the claim being that all human beings are originally Muslims!

riverfox

A slave of Allah (swt)
All Arabs including pagans knew that Kabbha was built by ibraheem (pbuh) as a place to worship Allah alone,they allready knew that it's Allah's Sacred Mosque.
Arab Pagans used to worship Allah (swt) in kabbha also.infact they were called "Mushriks" which means worshiping other things with Allah.
There were also people in Arabia who had a monotheistic faith called the haneefs the followers of ibraheem's religion who worship Allah alone.
O ye who believe! Truly the Pagans are unclean; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque.
[Al-Qur'an.9:28]

It is true that Kaa'ba was a place of worship with idols
And Allah (swt).
Mohammad, saying that it was originally built by Abraham,
Every single arab knew it was.
destroyed the idols therein and claimed the temple as Islam's holiest mosque.
After the conquest of Mecca when muslims ruled it,he destroyed the idols therein,and got the sacred mosque back the it was a mosque to worship Allah alone,as i said All Arabs including pagans knew that Kabbha was built by ibraheem (pbuh) as a place to worship Allah alone,they allready knew that it's Allah's Sacred Mosque.
This same logic is applied when converts are called reverts - the claim being that all human beings are originally Muslims!
No,unlike believing that ibraheem built Kabbha,none-muslims didn't believe in this logic.Muslims got kabbha back but,this logic you're talking about doesn't allow muslims to force others to convert - get them back- because they were born muslims.
Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth allt hings.
[Al-Qur'an.2:256]

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
All Arabs including pagans knew that Kabbha was built by ibraheem (pbuh) as a place to worship Allah alone,they allready knew that it's Allah's Sacred Mosque.

Are there written records, by pagan Arabs that the Kabbha were built by Abraham?

Unless there are records, especially before Muhammad's time about the Kabbha, and who lay the foundation for it, we would only have Muslims' words for it.