• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is masturbating bad at all ?

Massimo2002

The debate on the internet rages on so I will bring the discussion here I personally don't think that it's bad as long as you don't hurt your private part by doing to much or being to ruff or not peeing before hand. Also what you are masturbating to is important because there's a lot of evil and sick things out there.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
I guess to err on the side of caution, it's expected, and it is in fact more responsible than "playing the field". I myself am on a fast, so ... I intend to thoroughly enjoy my next partnership. No rush says the heartbeat who has had enough games to warrant an ongoing no fly zone mentality. To err on the side of caution is better than rushing in where only fools seem to gravitate.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Hey, you don't have to look your best, nor even take yourself to dinner first. And you don't need to worry about whether your partner was "faking it." You know!

But seriously, it's a perfectly natural function, and I don't see why so many people get all angsty about it. Sure, the Book of Job says that "man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward," so what's wrong with grabbing a handful of pleasure now and then, in compensation?

Massimo2002

I guess to err on the side of caution, it's expected, and it is in fact more responsible than "playing the field". I myself am on a fast, so ... I intend to thoroughly enjoy my next partnership. No rush says the heartbeat who has had enough games to warrant an ongoing no fly zone mentality. To err on the side of caution is better than rushing in where only fools seem to gravitate.
What ?

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
I went 3 years without drinking a beer. I was on a beer fast. I would have never thought a beer could taste so damn great, but it did ... a single Coor's light after a 3 year fast was the absolute best beer I've ever had in my entire 53 year old life. I do the same with ribeye steaks and sometimes soda pop.

What?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The debate on the internet rages on so I will bring the discussion here I personally don't think that it's bad as long as you don't hurt your private part by doing to much or being to ruff or not peeing before hand. Also what you are masturbating to is important because there's a lot of evil and sick things out there.
Nope. Nothing wrong at all. People need an outlet and keeping things pent up , while possible, still isnt good in general. Have fun!

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox

Thanks for asking the question. If you believe in God and are interested in the Orthodox position:

If not, then why not just be a hedonist and rub one off whenever it strikes your fancy? The truth is out there, good luck (and dude, just get married and have an actual sex life you can feel good about?).

Shaul

Premium Member
Masturbation is bad inasmuch as it ultimately serves no good purpose and can produce harm. How bad it is is a different question. There are many worse peccadilloes.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
AHHHHH Orthodox? For you does that mean black and white and over simplified?

Replace Orthodox with Roman Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, or even orthodox Jew; you get the same answer. Can you name any religious tradition than differs from what I said? Again, if one is an atheist then who the hell cares how you abuse your body or how disordered a life you live.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Thanks for asking the question. If you believe in God and are interested in the Orthodox position:

If not, then why not just be a hedonist and rub one off whenever it strikes your fancy? The truth is out there, good luck (and dude, just get married and have an actual sex life you can feel good about?).
The Orthodox position starts off wrong with the very first sentence: "Sexuality is a gift from God, as we read in the book of Genesis." The book of Genesis has zero understanding of how anything, the universe, sun, stars, planets, plants, animals, oceans or potatoes came into existence.

So, to get it right, sexuality is one of the ways that nature ensures that life continues -- and since that continution is one of nature's higher "priorities" (sorry, I hate anthropomorphizing nature), it is high on the list of urgent faculties. In other words, we all want it -- and we're not all thinking about babies when we're doing it. In fact, we almost never are.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent

It's not the orthodox position that sways my decision. I'm not suggesting they hold an incorrect view, it's just that there are many others who hold similar positions unaffiliated with any religion whatsoever. On your last point: How large a pool would you think is available for people like us? Between age, economic status, location, and chemistry, I'd suggest the pool is more like a puddle, which is both good and bad. Pinpointing an accurate aim is of utmost importance. I mean, if we're looking for something more than a headache.

Shaul

Premium Member
Almost funny, but not quite.

I expect more attacks from the supporters of the murderous IDF.
Wow, someone is thin skinned. Slandering the IDF as murderous by an Orthodox person when the Orthodox literally invented the pogrom is pathetic. I guess irony is the Orthodox position.