• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Paul arrogant?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Outside Acts and his own letters? No, I suppose that means you can believe whatever you wish about his motivations. If you're more comfortable seeing Paul as an evil dude, there's nothing stopping you.

Somehow, however, he was able to bring his Christianity to Rome. I'd imagine that took a lot of passion and perseverance. A lot of belief in his calling as he saw it. Maybe he wanted notoriety but that doesn't prevent him from also having passion for his faith.

You think he was insincere about his faith. He put a lot of effort into something he was insincere about. That's something people don't usually do. You have to manufacture some ulterior motive. If you go down that road, you can make Paul out to be who ever you want him to be.
Constantine brought Christianity to Rome.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Constantine brought Christianity to Rome.

No, I don't think so. It was there before him. Constantine made it the state religion however. Paul went to Rome to clear his name and supposedly became well respected and converted many because of his teaching.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
No, I don't think so. It was there before him. Constantine made it the state religion however. Paul went to Rome to clear his name and supposedly became well respected and converted many because of his teaching.
So, Paul converts maybe a hundred and Constantine converts millions and you still think Paul should get the credit?!

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Paul converts a hundred and those hundred go out and convert hundreds more.
That isn't what happened though. Constantine spread Christianity a whole lot more than anyone who Paul converted. By your logic, only Jesus spread Christianity because he told his disciples to do the same.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That isn't what happened though. Constantine spread Christianity a whole lot more than anyone who Paul converted. By your logic, only Jesus spread Christianity because he told his disciples to do the same.

I'm not talking about spreading Christianity. I'm talking about who brought it to Rome. Certainly prior to Constantine only 10% of the population was Christian by 350 it was over half. So the 10% came from where?

Not according to the bible.
"The Kingdom of God is inside you and all around you,
Not in a mansion of wood and stone.
Split a piece of wood and God is there,
Lift a stone and you will find God."
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Evidently Gods "kingdom" is everywhere.