• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is prostitution "immoral"?

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Yep. But 'completely immoral' and therefore the natural order is 'supposed' to be modified by our morals and intellect in the model Martin proposes... though why seems unclear.

nnmartin

So now this "natural Order" is making 3/4 of the men to be completely unable to have ANY sex partner.

How can they get to have sex? The natural Order has an answer! :)

Rape :)

no, no ,no - now you are just being silly!

I have said several times now that we will legalise prostitution.

This is how your supposed virginal men are going to find a partner.

Even if rape is a natural tendency as you say, then our intellect allows our moral conscience to steer the Order's path - we do this with prostitution.

It is simple.

nnmartin

In the human population there is one answer that has taken place to such a dilemma, it is not uncommon for women to be attracted to two sorts of men, one who is the provider, who will provide for her offspring and another who is the reproducer who will be the one to pass on their DNA. The 'natural order' which Martin proposes in such a case actually encourages women to commit adultery and attempt to pass off the offspring as that of their partner (this is a phenomenon which is actually believed to far more common than most people expect, given that males are typically seen as the offenders with adultery).

another reson why we need to legalise prostitution.

If this were to be so, then the women could not so easily do this as she would have to compete with numerous other DNA receivers.

This would maintain the Order.

nnmartin

That is very true, what you mention is common in primates and similar species. The female accepts sex from both the alpha male and the betha males that provide her with fruit. They even tend to make sure that the baby is of the alpha male and the beta only gets the free sex.

Pretty much a fruit whore :p

of course, we will ban adultery as well as I have already mentioned on another thread.

Legalising prostitution makes a level playing field in the reproductive sphere because the ability to make a power play using the sexual carrot would be seriously diminished.

What we really need is a return to the period of the past when we had Temple prostitutes discreetly maintaining the social order.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
of course, we will ban adultery as well as I have already mentioned on another thread.

Legalising prostitution makes a level playing field in the reproductive sphere because the ability to make a power play using the sexual carrot would be seriously diminished.

What we really need is a return to the period of the past when we had Temple prostitutes discreetly maintaining the social order.

OR, we don't. How bout we don't control others people's sexuality and we focus on ourselves?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Shalom! Storm I thought this is a religious forum.
In fact, it's a religious EDUCATION forum, open to members of all faiths, including no faith.

I simply understand that the word religious speaks of different religions and various religious books. How then can we set aside the Bible.
I didn't ask you to set it aside. I said you'll have to back up your arguments with more than "the Bible says so."

How can we say then that one is immoral or not? Based on our own carnal reasoning? How about if I say that what is good for others is not good for me. Is this logical? What I am saying here is that what is wrong is wrong and what is right is right. Because the Bible provides these laws and in fact nations have adopted these laws. We can not deny it.
Obviously, we can, since so many of us do.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Make up your mind, here. Your argument for temple prostitutes sounds as if you'd find it morally sound. Prostitution moral? Yes or no? Or only under certain misogynistic parameters?

Or might you continue down the tired ****-shaming road you were going to before.

Draka

Wonder Woman

See now, the way you're making it sound now, it appears that you believe that prostitutes are needed and perform a vital function in allowing men to keep to their "biological need" without affecting or putting to much burden upon other women. If prostitutes are so vital in maintaining this "social order" that you are going on about, then it would appear that not only are they needed, but the work they do is very moral. In fact, they obviously provide such a vital function to men that they must qualify for Heaven. I mean, with all the good work they do maintaining the precious "Natural Order", right?

nnmartin

Make up your mind, here. Your argument for temple prostitutes sounds as if you'd find it morally sound. Prostitution moral? Yes or no? Or only under certain misogynistic parameters?

prostitution is still slightly immoral even if we legalise it but it seems to be necessary for society to function freely.

Me Myself

Back to my username
no, no ,no - now you are just being silly!

I have said several times now that we will legalise prostitution.

This is how your supposed virginal men are going to find a partner.

Even if rape is a natural tendency as you say, then our intellect allows our moral conscience to steer the Order's path - we do this with prostitution.

It is simple.

But you say prostitution is immoral because it is against the order.

But there are fruit whores in nature.

nnmartin

If prostitutes are so vital in maintaining this "social order" that you are going on about, then it would appear that not only are they needed, but the work they do is very moral. In fact, they obviously provide such a vital function to men that they must qualify for Heaven. I mean, with all the good work they do maintaining the precious "Natural Order", right?

they are needed for society, agreed - but that still does not make the profession moral.

They are not maintaining the Natural Order - but more the social order.

But they do help with God's work in avoiding wickedness and sex worship.

Wickedness only flourishes due to sexual repression and the sale of titillation.

This we can do without.

The real thing can be available for those who so desire behind discreet backstreet doors and the industry based on the exploitation of frustration can be relegated to the past.

This is not misogyny because male prostitutes will also be available for women.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Then rape is moral, because it is part of the natural order.

Prostitution is still moral, as we just exchange fruits for money. It´s basically the same, this girls buy their food thanks to their job.

Besides no one is saying the profession is "moral", we are saying it is "amoral". Like liking color blue. It just doesn´t hve anything to do with morality in itself.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Just because something occurs in nature or abides by the Order doesn not make it moral.

Then why is prostitution immoral? can´t be because it is against nature, because it happens there all the time and it helps for helpful reproduction still.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Me Myself:

it is immoral to abuse your own body or let it be abused by consent.

"abuse" : to use wrongly or improperly (dictionary meaning)

Well, prostitution doesn´t seem to be that. At least you haven´t provided a single argument of how would it be improper (except the incorrect assumption that there is no prostitution in nature :p )

Actually, according to your own "Order of Nature" thing, it would be proper because thanks tot hat use the "14" men have women to ease the rushes that this "order of nature" itches them to scratch (and according to you it would be practically immmoral to not scratch it, as the "order" of nature is such a "good place to get morals from" )

Last edited:

garrydons

Is prostitution "immoral" to you, and why or why not?

To me, it's not. As long as the person doing so has made the choice to do so fully aware of what they are doing and is taking proper precautions against spreading disease, then I don't really see an issue with it. Now, pimping and coerced/forced prostitution is an entirely different thing to me and I do find those wrong. Prostitution itself though, no...I don't believe it to be "immoral".

And yes...I put "immoral" in quotes as I find morality to be highly subjective.

What is against moral is immoral. Now, how do we define morality?

The term “morality” can be used either

descriptively to refer to some codes of conduct put forward by a society or,
some other group, such as a religion, or
accepted by an individual for her own behavior or
normatively to refer to a code of conduct that, given specified conditions, would be put forward by all rational persons.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
another reson why we need to legalise prostitution.

If this were to be so, then the women could not so easily do this as she would have to compete with numerous other DNA receivers.

This would maintain the Order.
... In the 'natural order' women do not compete as DNA recipients, because in the NO, men will sleep with all the women they can, therefore there is no need in the NO for women to compete to receive DNA. They may compete for other reasons (such as better nesting spots, better food etc) but not for something that both will get if they want it (and quite possibly even if they do not).

OR, we don't. How bout we don't control others people's sexuality and we focus on ourselves?
How dare you be rational!

it is immoral to abuse your own body or let it be abused by consent.
By what right, do you claim the ability to determine how I should be able to use my own body? NOTHING in your N.O. argument would suggest that you have the right to mandate how others should be able to use their body and since abuse is the wrongful or incorrect use of my body...

I am the one (not you) who determines the rightful or correct use of my body.