• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

Eli G

The term "democracy" is usually used to refer to agreeing to make decisions... The reality about the origin of human beings is not a decision made by evolutionists.

They only speculate as they get further and further away from the truth. ;)

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I like threats from gods upon high. Keeps me springing on my hooves.

Pogo

The term "democracy" is usually used to refer to agreeing to make decisions... The reality about the origin of human beings is not a decision made by evolutionists.

They only speculate as they get further and further away from the truth. ;)
No that is not what democracy means and reality is not subject to our wants, but we can learn about reality by observing it.

Eli G

I'm having a lot of fun here. Having so many opponents and still being able to laugh at them is a victory for me.

The luck I have is that they no longer do things like what they did to Paul in the first century... or to Jesus... although I have come to understand what it is like to go through what they went through.

My Father makes me feel powerful. My sling is David's. :cool:

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I'm having a lot of fun here. Having so many opponents and still being able to laugh at them is a victory for me.

The luck I have is that they no longer do things like what they did to Paul in the first century... or to Jesus... although I have come to understand what it is like to go through what they went through.

In my religion we have a saying, "do not celebrate nor declare victory until the war is over".

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

So Jesus wasn't crucified, he was on a debate forum! I've learnt something new.

Eli G

Well, Paul was in a debate forum with Greek philosophers of his time, in Athens:

Acts 17:
16 Now while Paul was waiting for them in Athens, his spirit within him became irritated on seeing that the city was full of idols. 17 So he began to reason in the synagogue with the Jews and the other people who worshipped God and every day in the marketplace with those who happened to be on hand. 18 But some of both the Ep·i·cu·reʹan and the Stoʹic philosophers began disputing with him, and some were saying: “What is it this chatterer would like to tell?” Others: “He seems to be a proclaimer of foreign deities.” This was because he was declaring the good news of Jesus and the resurrection. 19 So they took hold of him and led him to the Ar·e·opʹa·gus, saying: “Can we get to know what this new teaching is that you are speaking about? 20 For you are introducing some things that are strange to our ears, and we want to know what these things mean.” 21 In fact, all Athenians and the foreigners staying there would spend their leisure time doing nothing else but telling or listening to something new. 22 Paul now stood in the midst of the Ar·e·opʹa·gus and said:

“Men of Athens, I see that in all things you seem to be more given to the fear of the deities than others are. 23 For instance, while passing along and carefully observing your objects of veneration, I found even an altar on which had been inscribed ‘To an Unknown God.’ Therefore, what you are unknowingly worshipping, this I am declaring to you. 24 The God who made the world and all the things in it, being, as he is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples; 25 nor is he served by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all people life and breath and all things. 26 And he made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of where men would dwell, 27 so that they would seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. 28 For by him we have life and move and exist, even as some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also his children.’

29 “Therefore, since we are the children of God, we should not think that the Divine Being is like gold or silver or stone, like something sculptured by the art and design of humans. 30 True, God has overlooked the times of such ignorance; but now he is declaring to all people everywhere that they should repent. 31 Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.”

32 Now when they heard of a resurrection of the dead, some began to scoff, while others said: “We will hear you again about this.” 33 So Paul left them, 34 but some men joined him and became believers. Among them were Di·o·nysʹi·us, who was a judge of the court of the Ar·e·opʹa·gus, and a woman named Damʹa·ris, and others besides them.
Interesting discourse, isn't it?

Eli G

When people who are on someone's ignore list insist on talking to that someone who ignores them, doesn't that seem like a certain kind of issue? :rolleyes: