• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Keep in mind that for a couple to have offspring they have to belong to the same species.
Not true. They have to belong to *related* species.
If two apes evolved to the point of becoming humans, how did they find each other if they were just two isolated "animals" in the jungle?
Populations evolve, not individuals.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It is one thing to say a person looks somewhat "like" a Neanderthal, i.e. that they may have a heavier jaw and brow than average. It is quite another thing to say that scientists would identify their skeleton as Neanderthal--THAT just doesn't happen.
As I said, he seemed to have all the features of a Neanderthal - even as to being from a film set perhaps but it all seemed rather natural. I think his DNA would give him away if he was a real Neanderthal.

Eli G

Mmmh. I don't know what the difference is between what I call "species" and you call "related species".
That is just theory.

A population is made up of individuals, and a community is made up of couples. If there are no like-minded individuals and couples, the community or population does not have the slightest possibility of emerging.

If no two apes "comparable to humans" existed in the same place and time, how could a community of human apes have emerged?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
As I said, he seemed to have all the features of a Neanderthal - even as to being from a film set perhaps but it all seemed rather natural. I think his DNA would give him away if he was a real Neanderthal.
There are no modern humans that have ALL the features of a Neanderthal. You are clearly exaggerating, which is getting irritating. For example, the skulls are visibly different. Look at these examples, and you will be able to see for yourself just how obvious that difference is:

1711911198322.png

There are no Neanderthals still in existence. Modern Europeans can have sometimes as much as 1-2% Neanderthal DNA, which is not at all the same thing.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
There are no modern humans that have ALL the features of a Neanderthal. You are clearly exaggerating, which is getting irritating. For example, the skulls are visibly different. Look at these examples, and you will be able to see for yourself just how obvious that difference is:

View attachment 90032

There are no Neanderthals still in existence. Modern Europeans can have sometimes as much as 1-2% Neanderthal DNA, which is not at all the same thing.
So sorry to irritate you. I suggest you bugger off then.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you clarify this? Unless it is that you refer to closely related species can sometime interbreed and being from the same species is not an absolute requirement such cases. For example, the interactions between Homo sapiens and Neanderthals where divergence of the population was not fully complete and there was introgression of genes between those populations.
And that is observed in the evidence.

Eli G

There is not the slightest possibility that a modern human would have offspring with an ape.

Evolutionists assume that such an event was possible at some point many thousands of years ago.

What do evolutionists base this assumption on?

IndigoChild5559

I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you clarify this? Unless it is that you refer to closely related species can sometime interbreed and being from the same species is not an absolute requirement such cases. For example, the interactions between Homo sapiens and Neanderthals where divergence of the population was not fully complete and there was introgression of genes between those populations.

And that is observed in the evidence.
"In some case, organisms of different species can mate and produce healthy offspring, but the offspring are infertile, can't reproduce. For example, when a female horse and a male donkey mate, they produce hybrid offspring called mules."

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Growing up, I knew of an individual that had some superficial similarity to my conception of a Neanderthal. Short, thick stature, pronounced brow. He wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and unfortunately met his demise at the hands of an individual that apparently found a knife in the drawer that was sharp enough.

I was familiar with his mother and sister and they appeared to run to the standard model of Homo sapiens external traits, so either he was atavistic for some traits or had a different father. But I do not know.

IndigoChild5559

There is not the slightest possibility that a modern human would have offspring with an ape.
Is there someone in here claiming they have? I'm no scientist, but I try to stay abreast of the big news in anthropology, and I have never seen any scientific claim that modern humans interbred with other apes. Only that we interbred with other forms of humans, such as Denisovans and Neanderthals.

IndigoChild5559

Well I was just reporting what I experienced. I know the Neanderthals went extinct a long time ago, ffs!
You made the claim that you saw someone who looked Neanderthal in every way. That was an exaggeration. My suspicion is that you simply were not aware all the ways Neanderthals are different at the time that you saw this person. Had you said "They looked very much LIKE a Neanderthal" I would not have taken issue.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
"In some case, organisms of different species can mate and produce healthy offspring, but the offspring are infertile, can't reproduce. For example, when a female horse and a male donkey mate, they produce hybrid offspring called mules."
Agreed, but I'm not sure if that was what @Polymath was referring to or something else. In any case, it is correct that closely related species can interbreed at times and produce offspring, so parents needn't be of the same species. But it has to be species that are closely related to a degree. Not a duck and a crocodile.

Eli G

It has been shown that the intellectual capacity of Neanderthals is identical to the intellectual capacity of modern humans. Apparently the difference in name lies exclusively in a racial profile that is made of the bones that are attributed to one or the other. There is nothing extraordinary about a so-called "Neanderthal" having children with a modern man.

Again: how did two genetically compatible apes find themselves to procreate a modern human?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You made the claim that you saw someone who looked Neanderthal in every way. That was an exaggeration. My suspicion is that you simply were not aware all the ways Neanderthals are different at the time that you saw this person. Had you said "They looked very much LIKE a Neanderthal" I would not have taken issue.
The proportions and limb length ratios are pretty distinct and definitive. Not something the average person can determine on casual observation.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I see that the perpetuation of nonsense questions and demands that are not based on anything the theory of evolution explains or states seems to remain the order of the creationist day.

If non-human ape species produced a human offspring that would falsify the theory of evolution.

I understand that the questions and points raised, no matter how ignorant of biology and facts that they are, is done to promote a non-scientific ideological agenda. But I do wish that those asserting the implication of superiority of knowledge would actually demonstrate that superiority is real by formulating questions that are logical and based in fact.

IndigoChild5559

The proportions and limb length ratios are pretty distinct and definitive. Not something the average person can determine on casual observation.
I thoroughly agree.

I also have had the first hand experience of seeing someone who resembled a Neanderthal in some ways, to the point where it was striking. I remember way back in high school choir there was a girl had a much more prominent jaw and large teeth, very prominent cheekbones and brow. I remember feeling sorry for her, as I assumed this would make her unattractive to men. However, many years later, my brother told me that he thought she was very attractive, so go figure LOL.

But of course, a perception like that is a long, long ways from saying a modern human is like a Neanderthal in every way.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I see that the perpetuation of nonsense questions and demands that are not based on anything the theory of evolution explains or states seems to remain the order of the creationist day.

If non-human ape species produced a human offspring that would falsify the theory of evolution.

I understand that the questions and points raised, no matter how ignorant of biology and facts that they are, is done to promote a non-scientific ideological agenda. But I do wish that those asserting the implication of superiority of knowledge would actually demonstrate that superiority is real by formulating questions that are logical and based in fact.
I suppose the only real answer to such a question would be that the two apes were humans. No one expects that two humans or two chimpanzees or two gorillas would produced anything but humans, chimpanzees or gorillas respectively.