• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
That is a possibility… I wouldn’t think it would be shallow enough for Australia, though. IMV… But I don’t think we will ever know.
I found this, which is interesting:

"Tasmania was connected to mainland Australia by a land bridge for thousands of years. This allowed the Aboriginal peoples who lived in these regions to travel back and forth. About 12,000 years ago, sea levels rose and separated Tasmania from the Australian mainland."

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Torres Strait between Australia and Papua New Guinea isn't particularly deep and only about 150klm wide at its narrowest.
Do you believe that a dugout canoe would attempt that voyage? At the narrowest, can you even see Australia from Papua New Guinea?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I found this, which is interesting:

"Tasmania was connected to mainland Australia by a land bridge for thousands of years. This allowed the Aboriginal peoples who lived in these regions to travel back and forth. About 12,000 years ago, sea levels rose and separated Tasmania from the Australian mainland."
thank you.

So, sea levels fell 360 feet throughout the world? Correct?

"A lot of seawater froze in ice sheets and glaciers, and sea levels dropped by about 120 metres"

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
This is not the case at. You can tell the difference between a neanderthal and ANY modern human from ALL around the world. sheesh.
I did actually have a wtf moment once, on public transport, where I was seated near to someone who seemingly resembled a Neanderthal. I refrained from asking where he was from for obvious reasons. But he did look just so different, and I have travelled enough to see how we humans do vary. o_O

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Different races? please clarify if you would be so kind.
That is a possibility… I wouldn’t think it would be shallow enough for Australia, though. IMV… But I don’t think we will ever know.
Not a land bridge, but the sea level was much lower and the sea was easily crossed. There is overwhelming evidence that primitive humans had mastered travel in the oceans as in the migration to the islands in the Pacific, Japan and Taiwan,

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As

As a matter of fact, I was reading about Einstein's life outside of his mental vagaries and his personal life was a mess by choice. He disrespected, insulted by personal decree his wife, a brilliant mathematician in her own right. For starters. Then there was a child he supposedly had but never seemed to acknowledge.
What does that have to do with the thread? Should we next talk about crooked preachers?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
What does that have to do with the thread? Should we next talk about crooked preachers?
Good point. Einstein, who was a Jew by birth, similar to Spinoza, believed in science as the reason you and I are here. Similar to Dr. Hawking. Yes, the world of religion has its share of problems. Can't call Einstein a hypocrite, or Spinoza that either. Or Dr. Hawking. Because they didn't claim to believe in a God telling right from wrong. They just did it their way.

As far as races go, we know eugenics was pretty popular among the Nazis to produce a "Master Race."
Researching the subject of eugenics, I came across this.
"During the Nazi era in Germany, eugenics prompted the sterilisation of several hundred thousand people then helped lead to antisemitic programmes of euthanasia and ultimately, of course, to the death camps. The association of eugenics with the Nazis is so strong that many people were surprised at the news several years ago that Sweden had sterilised around 60 000 people (mostly women) between the 1930s and 1970s. The intention was to reduce the number of children born with genetic diseases and disorders. After the turn of the century, eugenics movements—including demands for sterilisation of people considered unfit—had, in fact, blossomed in the United States, Canada, Britain, and Scandinavia, not to mention elsewhere in Europe and in parts of Latin America and Asia. Eugenics was not therefore unique to the Nazis. It could, and did, happen everywhere."

Pogo

Good point. Einstein, who was a Jew by birth, similar to Spinoza, believed in science as the reason you and I are here. Similar to Dr. Hawking. Yes, the world of religion has its share of problems. Can't call Einstein a hypocrite, or Spinoza that either. Or Dr. Hawking. Because they didn't claim to believe in a God telling right from wrong. They just did it their way.

As far as races go, we know eugenics was pretty popular among the Nazis to produce a "Master Race."
Researching the subject of eugenics, I came across this.
"During the Nazi era in Germany, eugenics prompted the sterilisation of several hundred thousand people then helped lead to antisemitic programmes of euthanasia and ultimately, of course, to the death camps. The association of eugenics with the Nazis is so strong that many people were surprised at the news several years ago that Sweden had sterilised around 60 000 people (mostly women) between the 1930s and 1970s. The intention was to reduce the number of children born with genetic diseases and disorders. After the turn of the century, eugenics movements—including demands for sterilisation of people considered unfit—had, in fact, blossomed in the United States, Canada, Britain, and Scandinavia, not to mention elsewhere in Europe and in parts of Latin America and Asia. Eugenics was not therefore unique to the Nazis. It could, and did, happen everywhere."
So another pointless post to distract from the fact that the Theory of Evolution has nothing to do with racism while poisoning the well further with examples of political misuse of the word. Oh and some gratuitous mention of Jews and Atheists.

Eli G

You are confusing different *species* from different *races*. Those bears you mention are different *species*: like humans, chimps, and gorillas, not different 'races'.
Polar, brown and black bears can have cubs with each other.
The original population of humans was small enough to have only been one race. The racial characteristics we see today are *very* recent.
According to the Bible, the human race comes from a single couple: Adam and Eve. Then, according to the Bible, post-Deluge humanity comes from a couple selected from all those in existence: Noah and his wife. In both cases the entire human population came from a single family.

Are you saying that evolutionists agree with the biblical account?

IndigoChild5559

I did actually have a wtf moment once, on public transport, where I was seated near to someone who seemingly resembled a Neanderthal. I refrained from asking where he was from for obvious reasons. But he did look just so different, and I have travelled enough to see how we humans do vary. o_O
It is one thing to say a person looks somewhat "like" a Neanderthal, i.e. that they may have a heavier jaw and brow than average. It is quite another thing to say that scientists would identify their skeleton as Neanderthal--THAT just doesn't happen.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
So do horses and zebras. But they are not the same species.
According to the Bible, the human race comes from a single couple: Adam and Eve. Then, according to the Bible, post-Deluge humanity comes from a couple selected from all those in existence: Noah and his wife. In both cases the entire human population came from a single family.

No, I did NOT say the human race came from a single couple. The population was likely around 1200 about 8-900,000 years ago. But that was NOT modern humans.

Pogo

Yes their are several species of bears that can interbreed though they rarely do.
No, the interpretation of the bible that says that biologically humans came from one pair of humans without parents is false and not what evolution and reality indicate.

IndigoChild5559

thank you.

So, sea levels fell 360 feet throughout the world? Correct?

"A lot of seawater froze in ice sheets and glaciers, and sea levels dropped by about 120 metres"
What you can do is go to google and search for "convert from metres to feet." However, it appears you have already done this. So I'm not sure why you are asking me.

Eli G

Keep in mind that for a couple to have offspring they have to belong to the same species.

If two apes evolved to the point of becoming humans, how did they find each other if they were just two isolated "animals" in the jungle?

IndigoChild5559

Do you believe that a dugout canoe would attempt that voyage? At the narrowest, can you even see Australia from Papua New Guinea?
I think there are all kinds of primitive boats that could have been used. Even rafts. It's not as if humans were stupid back then. And some cultures back then were a great deal more likely to take these sorts of chances (our culture teaches us to play things safe, but that is not true of every culture).