• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
He's 7' tall though.
So? He was sitting down when I saw him - or someone very similar. My comment as to what I saw was hardly as to this individual actually being a Neanderthal - but just one that I had never seen before - and most resembled a Neanderthal in many ways.

It's difficult to search for an image that only lies in one's memory. I seem to recall that I thought he might have been a Russian boxer - like Klitschko perhaps - and it was whilst searching for this that I came across Valuev. They seemingly were going to fight each other but this never happened. Valuev was in the UK in October and November 1996 and hence might have been the person. From Wiki, his size and appearance are due to gigantism complicated by acromegaly. But he is much like the person I remember even if it wasn't him.

Edited

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Too much chin
But not enough for one site to compare him with what we see in Neanderthal skulls apparently - posted earlier, as edit. :oops:

2024-01-08_190702560-1.jpg

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you proud of comments like this? They reflect badly on your education.
Did you know that Nazi Germany, Communist Russia and Maoist China used hammers? Hammers! Did you know that hammers can be used as weapons? Weapons!

Hammers are pure evil. Down with hammers!

It's a logic. Not very good logic. But if I was anti-hammer and it was all I had, I would go with that I guess.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Nevertheless, evidently some people have the idea of racism as to a superior race and so (some) scientists impose their feelings on certain ones hoping to stop, I suppose, the propagation of mentally handicapped people. Of course that involves warfare, too, in terms of killing one's enemy, but on different levels. Forced Sterilization Is Still Legal in the U.S..
Or the extermination of indigenous people in northern Canada in recent times. Plus more.
Yes, some people have that idea. But it is not a scientifically supported idea. That politicians support racists and bigots to get power is not the fault of science.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes, some people have that idea. But it is not a scientifically supported idea. That politicians support racists and bigots to get power is not the fault of science.
So again, the question is: what about abortions, how do you feel about that?

YoursTrue

Off topic for this thread and indicative of sloppy debating technique.
ooohhh -- off topic you say. How do you feel about the topic of whether evolutionary doctrine is a racist doctrine? Some here evidently believe humans are categorized into races, whether it's "scientific" or not.
You might want to look at this:
as far as "races" go --
And...have a good day as the human 'race' copes with itself.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
ooohhh -- off topic you say. How do you feel about the topic of whether evolutionary doctrine is a racist doctrine? Some here evidently believe humans are categorized into races, whether it's "scientific" or not.
You might want to look at this:
as far as "races" go --
And...have a good day as the human 'race' copes with itself.
Today's anthropologists don't use the word "race" when pertaining to people and they haven't for many decades now.

YoursTrue

Off topic for this thread and indicative of sloppy debating technique.
ooohhh -- off topic you say. How do you feel about the topic of whether evolutionary doctrine is a racist doctrine? Some here evidently believe humans are categorized into races, whether it's "scientific" of not. Would you say the governments are misleading people by asking what "race" we belong to on questionnaires?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
ooohhh -- off topic you say. How do you feel about the topic of whether evolutionary doctrine is a racist doctrine? Some here evidently believe humans are categorized into races, whether it's "scientific" of not. Would you say the governments are misleading people by asking what "race" we belong to on questionnaires?
You can blame science, specifically evolution, for
racist policies. How do you explain even worse
policies originating from religion, particularly
Christianity, which justified slavery & Manifest
Destiny?

YoursTrue

Today's anthropologists don't use the word "race" when pertaining to people and they haven't for many decades now.
Perhaps so. By the way do today's anthropologists believe there are no races amongst humans?

YoursTrue

You can blame science, specifically evolution, for
racist policies. How do you explain even worse
policies originating from religion, particularly
Christianity, which justified slavery & Manifest
Destiny?
I'm not sure about Manifest Destiny, what you mean or what that means. Slavery still exists today in many forms. Sad to say.
And I agree that religion has been a deleterious force in many ways for mankind. That does not mean, however, that there is no God who cares about what's happening.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not sure about Manifest Destiny, what you mean or what that means.
A history lesson....
Slavery still exists today in many forms. Sad to say.
And I agree that religion has been a deleterious force in many ways for mankind. That does not mean, however, that there is no God who cares about what's happening.
This isn't about whether your God exists or not.
It's about a wrongful policy you attribute to
science because the perpetrators cited science.
It raises the question of religion acting similarly.
If true for science, it should be true for religion.