• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
My wife has 3% Neanderthal-based genes and I have none, which is why she drags her knuckles when she walks. :rolleyes:
Well I gotta laugh but according to some she doesn't have another species of genes maybe and you are pure...homo sapien. or do scientists consider neanderthals homo sapiens perhaps of another species?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Well I gotta laugh but according to some she doesn't have another species of genes maybe and you are pure...homo sapien. or do scientists consider neanderthals homo sapiens perhaps of another species?

When dealing with "species", it's relatively easy to determine if two living organisms are of different because they can't reproduce fertile offspring. In the case of earlier human groups, we can't use that obviously. However, "names" are used to differentiate differences, so names are typically attached to earlier forms to indicate that there are some differences.

Decades ago, there was a question whether Neanderthals and modern humans could produce fertile offspring, but not we know they did, which is why some anthropologists assigned subspecies names.

In the long run, it makes little difference as it's clear we are all related, including going back millions of years.

YoursTrue

When dealing with "species", it's relatively easy to determine if two living organisms are of different because they can't reproduce fertile offspring. In the case of earlier human groups, we can't use that obviously. However, "names" are used to differentiate differences, so names are typically attached to earlier forms to indicate that there are some differences.

Decades ago, there was a question whether Neanderthals and modern humans could produce fertile offspring, but not we know they did, which is why some anthropologists assigned subspecies names.

In the long run, it makes little difference as it's clear we are all related, including going back millions of years.
I'm not sure about what you think or what the majority of scientists think, but I believe there are distinctions of qualitative differences between Neandertals and "homo sapiens." Such as the fact that printing presses were not invented until fairly recently, given the 40,000 year timetable. Now I realize that someone may say, "oh, there was no need for printing presses back then." And at this point, I would have to laugh.

YoursTrue

P.S. just like there was no need for writing over 5,000 years ago. It's almost a joke if it weren't so sad. Because it (the presumptions) is nonsensical. Theorize as you will...

Pogo

YoursTrue

I say that science has net positive results.
You could say, but in what sense? Doesn't science use instruments to administer abortions to either get rid of an unwanted fetus or to stop propagation by certain humans? And then of course, leave out the negatives, right? Such as human error, or imposed abortions and nationalistic warfare. But right now the subject of this thread is really racism and evolution, are they connected? There is a vast difference between present-day humans and gorillas. Humans have the capacity to invent gas chambers. Want to say gorillas do?

YoursTrue

What is sad and what is nonsensical and how do you define qualitative to include printing presses when there are societies today that don't have them?
I find what you are posting as disingenuous and awful. Frankly speaking, that is.

YoursTrue

Again as you are reminded on a daily basis, race is a political term without any biological basis.
Not according to many. But then, I guess you could say they're not scientists, right?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You could say, but in what sense?
Longer life.
Better health.
Fascinating knowledge about life, the universe, & everything.
And perhaps some day the technology to prevent the
statistically inevitable life threatening asteroid.
I'll take that over a stone age lifestyle.

Doesn't science use instruments to administer abortions to either get rid of an unwanted fetus or to stop propagation by certain humans? And then of course, leave out the negatives, right? Such as human error, or imposed abortions and nationalistic warfare. But right now the subject of this thread is really racism and evolution, are they connected? There is a vast difference between present-day humans and gorillas. Humans have the capacity to invent gas chambers. Want to say gorillas do?
Ain't nuthin perfect.
But science that allows safe abortions is wonderful.

YoursTrue

"Research indicates that the concept of “five races” does, to an extent, describe the way human populations are distributed among the continents—but the lines between races are much more blurred than ancestry testing companies would have us believe"
This is from about the best discussion of race and its distinctions that I've read so far.

YoursTrue

Longer life.
Better health.
Fascinating knowledge about life, the universe, & everything.
And perhaps some day the technology to prevent the
statistically inevitable life threatening asteroid.
I'll take that over a stone age lifestyle.

Ain't nuthin perfect.
But science that allows safe abortions is wonderful.
So do you think imposed abortion is ok as well?

YoursTrue

Did I say that?
You could deduce from my being a libertarian that
I'd never give government that power over people.
I don't think you have much choice in the matter. Guns kill. They were invented by scientists. I'm thinking of the American Revolution where they just didn't want taxation imposed from England. So they killed whoever was in their way. Either side.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
What is sad and what is nonsensical and how do you define qualitative to include printing presses when there are societies today that don't have them?

Kudos to you for being able to understand the statement you responded to. I have no idea what was trying to be communicated.