• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Seems just as bad to me when it's a religious cult who claim to be acting on behalf of God. Maybe if they started acting in a humane way it might influence government leaders to do the same.
Interestingly enough, I'm watching a documentary about laws on abortion in the U.S. Different states have different laws, and yes, lives are involved. Lives of pregnant women as well as lives of the fetuses.

Pogo

Interestingly enough, I'm watching a documentary about laws on abortion in the U.S. Different states have different laws, and yes, lives are involved. Lives of pregnant women as well as lives of the fetuses.
Does it conclude that we should condemn women to poverty due to unwanted circumstances beyond their control?
Link maybe for others to understand?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

I have no idea what the relevance is to my comment. I doubt I've watched the documentary and could never work that out as you didn't even bother to mention that and I have zero influence on the laws of any American state. You would need to talk to the voters in the states you are concerned about but from my understanding most Americans don't even bother voting.

YoursTrue

My memory is that respect and positive treatment of others is the objective though some see it as an external imposition instead of an internal logic.
How do you see it if I ask you?
Well let me put it this way: people are different. By that I mean autistic people have problems relating to others. From what I see, they know they're different but they can reveal great truths about what we all are. And it may be hard to detect in some. I was just watching a program about autism and the situations parents and children have to deal with. I don't know how autism is determined, but I do see that some will give their children medication (of course yes, developed by scientists) to keep their children calm. So how is this involved with the evolution of the human species? (If I'm using the correct scientific term...) Is evolution of homo sapiens involved with the different mental characteristics? Anyway, maybe later --

Pogo

I have no idea what the relevance is to my comment. I doubt I've watched the documentary and could never work that out as you didn't even bother to mention that and I have zero influence on the laws of any American state. You would need to talk to the voters in the states you are concerned about but from my understanding most Americans don't even bother voting.
LOL how true, I just worked 16 hours as a poll inspector and we had 16 voters in the state presidential primary. Of course the choices were Biden for the Democrats and Trump for the Republicans only.
All four of us poll workers from both represented parties agreed that we need to do something about our electoral system to increase the diversity of positions represented.

YoursTrue

That's ok. I understand. There are 31 states in the U.S. that allow forced sterilization to the residents therein. And there is a great controversy going on about abortion. And there is a judicial court system for each state, plus the federal court system.

Pogo

Well let me put it this way: people are different. By that I mean autistic people have problems relating to others. From what I see, they know they're different but they can reveal great truths about what we all are. And it may be hard to detect in some. I was just watching a program about autism and the situations parents and children have to deal with. I don't know how autism is determined, but I do see that some will give their children medication (of course yes, developed by scientists) to keep their children calm. So how is this involved with the evolution of the human species? (If I'm using the correct scientific term...) Is evolution of homo sapiens involved with the different mental characteristics? Anyway, maybe later --
Yes, maybe later is a good idea, as one with autistic neighbors and friends and successfully taking psychotropic medicine, evolution creates a great deal of variety, as you note this creates different abilities. If we were all the same, we would stagnate. Read your post later and maybe think more about it.

Later.

YoursTrue

Yes, maybe later is a good idea, as one with autistic neighbors and friends and successfully taking psychotropic medicine, evolution creates a great deal of variety, as you note this creates different abilities. If we were all the same, we would stagnate. Read your post later and maybe think more about it.

Later.
So then you agree that qualitative genetic differences affect the human population in intelligence, learning, and perception ability, is that right?

YoursTrue

Later.
if we all had the same genetic composition I suppose. Exactly the same...maybe...I don't think there is such a thing.

YoursTrue

Later.
you are taking psychotropic medication?

Pogo

So then you agree that qualitative genetic differences affect the human population in intelligence, learning, and perception ability, is that right?
Well yeah, we are different as evolution would predict and we will be differently successful in different environments, that is what drives evolution of species. Later.

Astrophile

You could say, but in what sense? Doesn't science use instruments to administer abortions to either get rid of an unwanted fetus or to stop propagation by certain humans? And then of course, leave out the negatives, right? Such as human error, or imposed abortions and nationalistic warfare. But right now the subject of this thread is really racism and evolution, are they connected? There is a vast difference between present-day humans and gorillas. Humans have the capacity to invent gas chambers. Want to say gorillas do?
Don't scientists, or at least physicians, use scientific methods to enable infertile couples or women who suffer from recurrent miscarriages to have healthy children? Do you approve or disapprove of such interference with nature?
I'm thinking of the American Revolution where they just didn't want taxation imposed from England. So they killed whoever was in their way. Either side.
Who are 'they' in this context?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Shunning seems to me not a very good example of loving others. This article calls it "the ultimate rejection" and describes it as silent bullying that causes enduring damage.

I agree. It is a method to control people by people using psychological torture in my opinion.

Pogo

Maybe you should ask those here who have mentioned it as a matter of faith. Yet are also adherents of the concept of biologic evolution per Darwin and scientists who firmly believe that is how we are here as...humans.
Ok, tell me.