• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

Pogo

Right. Laugh. So the "empirical evidence" of the majority of religions in war and fomenting hatred based on nationality or genealogy (ethnicity) is certainly not a real good example of loving others, is it?
Yup, so why are you still religious and worrying about your ethnicity and variations in your genealogy, there is no evidence for significant differences.
LOL :)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Say what?
As an atheist, Do unto others as you would have others do unto you is a rational argument but I have no idea what you think are great commandments.
Maybe you should ask those here who have mentioned it as a matter of faith. Yet are also adherents of the concept of biologic evolution per Darwin and scientists who firmly believe that is how we are here as...humans.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Shunning seems to me not a very good example of loving others. This article calls it "the ultimate rejection" and describes it as silent bullying that causes enduring damage.

Pogo

Oh by the way, while we disagree on most everything, at least we speak the same language as opposed to some here who think they know so much more than everyone else that whatever they idiosyncratically and through ignorance of biology think is correct cannot even respond coherently, you are actually intellectually pleasant to talk to. :)

YoursTrue

Yup, so why are you still religious and worrying about your ethnicity and variations in your genealogy, there is no evidence for significant differences.
LOL :)
I don't worry about my ethnicity at all. I am asking questions about science and evolution and who agrees with what among those here as well as what science has said and is still considering. That is why I questioned about races on medical and government forms.

Pogo

Maybe you should ask those here who have mentioned it as a matter of faith. Yet are also adherents of the concept of biologic evolution per Darwin and scientists who firmly believe that is how we are here as...humans.
My memory is that respect and positive treatment of others is the objective though some see it as an external imposition instead of an internal logic.
How do you see it if I ask you?

Pogo

I don't worry about my ethnicity at all. I am asking questions about science and evolution and who agrees with what among those here as well as what science has said and is still considering. That is why I questioned about races on medical and government forms.
And as I have said before, as science, the questions have relevance, but their political equivalents on government forms are another story. History is the culprit here not science.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think you misunderstood the scripture but you're leaning on a wrong translation as far as I am concerned and I think you are doing that deliberately. Look at it again. A premature birth with no harm does not mean miscarriage which carries the implication of death.
No, it is pretty clear. That is not the only part of scripture where the unborn are not treated as being human. That is why according to Jewish tradition life usually begins at the first breath. If you studied the Bible at all you would also know when and where it tells you about priests doing abortions in the temple.

YoursTrue

No, it is pretty clear. That is not the only part of scripture where the unborn are not treated as being human. That is why according to Jewish tradition life usually begins at the first breath. If you studied the Bible at all you would also know when and where it tells you about priests doing abortions in the temple.
What about abortions, willful or otherwise? What about war? Killing of pregnant women?

Pogo

What about abortions, willful or otherwise? What about war? Killing of pregnant women?
From a religious standpoint there seems no consistency, the morality seems to all depend on some
variable of political relationship.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
By state I mean national decrees. Nation against nation. Wars? Drafts? Murder of indigenous people?

Seems just as bad to me when it's a religious cult who claim to be acting on behalf of God. Maybe if they started acting in a humane way it might influence government leaders to do the same.

YoursTrue

Pertaining to religion, could be why Jesus told his disciples to pray for God's kingdom to come.