• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Don't scientists, or at least physicians, use scientific methods to enable infertile couples or women who suffer from recurrent miscarriages to have healthy children? Do you approve or disapprove of such interference with nature?

Who are 'they' in this context?
Whoever didn't want it. And took up arms. Have a good one...

YoursTrue

I think I asked, & didn't see a response....
What is "the evolutionary doctrine"?
I don't believe I used that phrase. Maybe I did. But I can't remember, sorry. Generally speaking I use the phrase theory of evolution.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't believe I used that phrase. Maybe I did. But I can't remember, sorry. Generally speaking I use the phrase theory of evolution.
I wasn't clear about that being the OP's phrase.
But since I don't recall his answering, I thought
you might know what he meant.
Sorry about the confusion.

YoursTrue

Shunning is done by a group of people to an individual. Avoiding someone who annoys you is something completely different.

On a positive note it's good to see you agree that shunning is a bad thing.
How do you feel about murder and warfare? Are they products of evolution and racist concepts? Also, are those bad things or good things?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
How do you feel about murder and warfare? Are they products of evolution and racist concepts? Also, are those bad things or good things?

I believe I answered that when you asked a similar question a few posts back.

YoursTrue

I agree. It is a method to control people by people using psychological torture in my opinion.
I guess when a person dies by murder in warfare that's ok by you. Maybe evolution produced that? That way you can love your close neighbor, as some say a book of myths say. But perhaps some might not want to say anything because then --they would reveal their thinking. :) Although it's apparent. Anyway. Since I believe in God, I believe also He will take care of each and every one of us. Thanks, and bye for now.

YoursTrue

Shunning is done by a group of people to an individual. Avoiding someone who annoys you is something completely different.

On a positive note it's good to see you agree that shunning is a bad thing.
So by the way, when nations go to war, would you say that's part of the theory of evolution?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm not sure about what you think or what the majority of scientists think, but I believe there are distinctions of qualitative differences between Neandertals and "homo sapiens." Such as the fact that printing presses were not invented until fairly recently, given the 40,000 year timetable. Now I realize that someone may say, "oh, there was no need for printing presses back then." And at this point, I would have to laugh.
There's a general rule of thumb in anthropology: The more tools you have, the more tools you can have, and tool-cultures tend to grow in a geometric progression.

YoursTrue

There's a general rule of thumb in anthropology: The more tools you have, the more tools you can have, and tool-cultures tend to grow in a geometric progression.
Evolution involved? (of the biologic kind, not "cultural.") So far as I know, chimpanzees haven't invented printing presses. Even though they have brains and fingers. I doubt fish can use printing presses, but maybe they just figure they don't need any and they're happy the way they are...probably no need to evolve.