• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is The Quran Superior?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Most of what people claim is true contradicts what someone else claims as true. The problem is believing ‘true’ means a lot more than it actually does.
Yes doctrines and interpretations. Not the virtues which all scriptures promote such as love, compassion, forgiveness, selflessness etc

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
I believe most definitely beyond any doubt whatsoever that the Quran is the Word of God. It is man’s interpretation and understanding which are fallible.

Sura 5:46

We sent Jesus, son of Mary, in their footsteps, to confirm the Torah that had been sent before him: We gave him the Gospel with guidance, light, and confirmation of the Torah already revealed- a guide and lesson for those who take heed of God

The Quran confirms and upholds the Torah and Gospel. That is pure truth.
If the Quran was the word of God, it’d say that Jesus was God in the flesh;)

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
I just want to make a comment of why people get so tied up with superiority and competition. Why see other religions as adversaries? I believe it is due to both ignorance and misguided indoctrination. I have investigated all the religions, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Islam Hinduism and so on and their spiritual truths all teach truth. Only the social laws differ according to the place they were born. But Buddha teaches love just like Christ did and Hinduism teaches peace as the Quran does. The only problem is people do not obey their religion and have tried to make it a competition of which is superior and the greatest which to me is nothing but an ego trip.

All of the spiritual teachings of all religions are very beautiful if one takes the time to study the original teachings with their own minds and not what others or clergy say.
My point exactly. Can’t stand superiority when it comes to religion. Not all people of faith think that their religion is superior though, so that’s good.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
If the Quran was the word of God, it’d say that Jesus was God in the flesh;)
John 4:24

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

John 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Im not a Muslim but I found that in both the OT & NT there are many prophecies foretelling Muhammad.

Last edited:

Jimmy

King Phenomenon

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Jesus said that those that have seen him have seen the father

Jimmy

King Phenomenon

Spirit is flesh. It’s certainly not invisible, but I guess we all have our own ideas about what a spirit is.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
It is like the reflection of the sun in a mirror. When we say we see the sun in the mirror we do not mean that the sun has descended into the mirror. Jesus likewise was a perfect reflection of God.
  • I and the Father are one: (John 10:30)
  • Before Abraham was, I am

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
  • I and the Father are one: (John 10:30)
  • Before Abraham was, I am
This refers to not just Jesus but to all the Prophets and Messengers. God has many Names not just Jesus. The sun of Monday, Tuesday and every other day is the same one sun. In your case you are saying you accept only one sun and reject the rest. In effect by denying any of the suns of truth you are denying Jesus as well for you cannot say you believe in the sun of Monday but that the sun of Tuesday is false. That is a contradiction and an untruth. There is only one sun that keeps reappearing on different days of God and is known by a different name each time just like the names of the days of the week.

Jesus Himself proclaimed that when He returned He would have a New Name, not the name Jesus yet His followers do not yet understand.

Revelation 3:12

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev 2:17

17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

I believe He has already come and His New Name is Baha’u’llah- the Glory of God.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
This refers to not just Jesus but to all the Prophets and Messengers. God has many Names not just Jesus. The sun of Monday, Tuesday and every other day is the same one sun. In your case you are saying you accept only one sun and reject the rest. In effect by denying any of the suns of truth you are denying Jesus as well for you cannot say you believe in the sun of Monday but that the sun of Tuesday is false. That is a contradiction and an untruth. There is only one sun that keeps reappearing on different days of God and is known by a different name each time just like the names of the days of the week.

Jesus Himself proclaimed that when He returned He would have a New Name, not the name Jesus yet His followers do not yet understand.

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

I believe He has already come and His New Name is Baha’u’llah- the Glory of God.
You said This refers to not just Jesus but to all the Prophets and Messengers. Do you have a source?

Jimmy

King Phenomenon

His new name could be Joe too;)

Jimmy

King Phenomenon

The statement that I will write upon him my new name may refer to the person that shall go no more out. Or it could refer to the name of the new Jerusalem. There’s multiple ways that could be interpreted, but like I said, we all believe what we want.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I have investigated all the religions, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Islam Hinduism and so on and their spiritual truths all teach truth.
Is punarbhava or punarjeeva "truth" or false? Because Christianity, Judaism and Islam opposes it but Hinduism embraces it. So are they in conflict or are they all absolute truth?

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
There is a theory which posits that the Quran was changed in the early days of the emergence of Islam as it was forming into an organized religion. The evidence is so-so. Maybe the Quran was changed, maybe not.
Whose "theory" is that and why is that substantiated? Just curious.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You said This refers to not just Jesus but to all the Prophets and Messengers. Do you have a source?
The Bible. It has many prophets both in the OT and NT and they all are known by different names and Christians have no problem accepting them. Even Christ drew a parallel between Himself and Moses when He said ‘If you had belied in Moses you would have believed in Me.

The problem arises when people become so attached to names that they reject the inward spirit as the outward is not identical. The people who rejected Jesus rejected Him because He came with a different name and outward form.

In Revelation Jesus clearly states He won’t return with the name Jesus but a new name. Not only a new name but a new heaven and a new earth and a new song, (new laws and teachings for this age.?) But this is just my understanding. I regard you as a fellow brother and Jesus is my Lord and Saviour just as He is to you. If anything now I believe 1,000 times more in Jesus.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

The statement that I will write upon him my new name may refer to the person that shall go no more out. Or it could refer to the name of the new Jerusalem. There’s multiple ways that could be interpreted, but like I said, we all believe what we want.
Yes surely God has given us each free will and so it’s up to us to make our own choices. Whatever, I respect yours and I wish you well. It would be great if you could come over for a meal but I’m in Australia. I believe that anyone who sincerely loves Jesus is basically a good person.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
The Bible. It has many prophets both in the OT and NT and they all are known by different names and Christians have no problem accepting them. Even Christ drew a parallel between Himself and Moses when He said ‘If you had belied in Moses you would have believed in Me.

The problem arises when people become so attached to names that they reject the inward spirit as the outward is not identical. The people who rejected Jesus rejected Him because He came with a different name and outward form.

In Revelation Jesus clearly states He won’t return with the name Jesus but a new name. Not only a new name but a new heaven and a new earth and a new song, (new laws and teachings for this age.?) But this is just my understanding. I regard you as a fellow brother and Jesus is my Lord and Saviour just as He is to you. If anything now I believe 1,000 times more in Jesus.
Yeah, if you’re going 100% by a religious book, you’re doing it wrong imo.