• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the term "Judeo-Christian" in describing America's values simply political correctness?

Poisonshady313

All I said was that they're overrepresented in highly influential areas of society, relative to their numbers, and I provided evidence for that fact. I never made a case for why that may be.
Jews also account for more than 20% of Nobel Prize winners.

This brings us back to the first and third posts in this thread. The question "why".

If you're bothered by this over-representation... why? What menacing and underhanded motives/tactics do you ascribe to this over-representation?

If you're not bothered by it, and genuinely are interested in how minorities can be so successful relative to their number, that's no problem.

But the OP seemed more than willing to make it about "appeasing" those " very powerful" Jews.

There is detected a hint of a very unfounded and irrational fear/hatred of Jews/Judaism, which is what anti-semitism is... Hatred of Jews.

I'm sorry you feel the word is so over-used... and maybe it is. But that shouldn't cause you to dismiss or reject the existence of actual antisemitism.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal

This brings us back to the first and third posts in this thread. The question "why".

If you're bothered by this over-representation... why? What menacing and underhanded motives/tactics do you ascribe to this over-representation?

If you're not bothered by it, and genuinely are interested in how minorities can be so successful relative to their number, that's no problem.

But the OP seemed more than willing to make it about "appeasing" those " very powerful" Jews.

There is detected a hint of a very unfounded and irrational fear/hatred of Jews/Judaism, which is what anti-semitism is... Hatred of Jews.

I'm sorry you feel the word is so over-used... and maybe it is. But that shouldn't cause you to dismiss or reject the existence of actual antisemitism.

Fear and hatred are two very different things

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member

I'm not really interested in discussing this, because these this subject tends to ramp up people's emotions and lots of words get thrown around.

I said what I had to say. The OP can explain whatever it was that he meant, himself.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I'm not really interested in discussing this, ...
Fully understandable.

At the same time, it is little more that antisemitic paranoia to portray the term "Judeo-Christian" as reflecting some sinister attempt by Jews, enabled by their unscupulous wealth and inexplicable control of the media, and supported by their obsequious gentile cohorts, to redact the glorious history of White Anglo-Saxon America.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Fully understandable.

At the same time, it is little more that antisemitic paranoia to portray the term "Judeo-Christian" as reflecting some sinister attempt by Jews, enabled by their unscupulous wealth and inexplicable control of the media, and supported by their obsequious gentile cohorts, to redact the glorious history of White Anglo-Saxon America.

hehehe... I like the way you put it. Is there not even a shred of truth in such a suggestion? I'd also say that talking about such fears and suspicions with people of differing backgrounds is far more healthy than bottling them up and just expressing them around people you're comfortable with.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
..., it is little more that antisemitic paranoia to portray the term "Judeo-Christian" as reflecting some sinister attempt by Jews, enabled by their unscupulous wealth and inexplicable control of the media, and supported by their obsequious gentile cohorts, to redact the glorious history of White Anglo-Saxon America.

hehehe... I like the way you put it. Is there not even a shred of truth in such a suggestion?

And there you have it friends: antisemitic filth gently offered for your enlightenment and entertainment ... and hardly a swastika in sight.

By the way: this Thursday is Yom HaShoah.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
You have to understand that if the assertion in the OP about term "Judeo-Christian" is correct, then it represents an attempt to rewrite the history books to include something that wasn't originally a factor in this country. My family has been in this country a very long time. You can't try to rewrite somebody's history and expect no pushback.
Its good to see that you exclude American Jews from American history. I think you just summed up your problem.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
And there you have it friends: antisemitic filth gently offered for your enlightenment and entertainment ... and hardly a swastika in sight.

By the way: this Thursday is Yom HaShoah.

You've offered abosulely nothing to this conversation except worthless accusations. Do you think you can be grown up enough to sit at the big boy table and have a real discussion about something alot of people suspect but won't voice? Or would you prefer to try and intimidate people into silence through highly charged accusations?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
hehehe... I like the way you put it. Is there not even a shred of truth in such a suggestion? I'd also say that talking about such fears and suspicions with people of differing backgrounds is far more healthy than bottling them up and just expressing them around people you're comfortable with.
If I had any doubt that the antisemitic label been applied correctly in this case you have certainly cleared it up with this post.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Actually, I think I've clarified a great deal, as have you.

The reality is that I havn't even made a judgement on the issue despite having suspicions. I was hoping to hear some different perspectives on a tough question that people don't want to talk about given that I come from a white middle class world and can be blind to other perspectives. My constant phrasing of questions is not some lame attempt to mask my true motives, it's a genuine attempt to learn.

Last edited:

Levite

Higher and Higher

This.

The very notion that one must keep track of the socioreligious ethnicities of people, so that one can be concerned with the presumed "danger" of people achieving "too much" or being "too" successful. As though somehow certain people have shadowy ulterior motivations for financial, academic, scientific, and artistic achievement, beyond the same desires for self-betterment and family providing that motivate other folks....

This is nothing but bigotry. Plain and simple. And if the same facts and figures were assembled, with the same implications not-so-subtly drawn, but the targets were black people, or Asians, or Latinos, or Native Americans, virtually no one would dispute that it was bigotry. But somehow, because it is Jews, people think it will go unnoticed, or that it is somehow more acceptable.

Fear and hatred are two very different things

Fear breeds hatred. It's a self-reinforcing cycle.