• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the United States just not mature enough to deal with radical fringe madness?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
They weren't his papers to take. I think his Trump's
acolytes are desperate to say anything they can to
excuse Trump's misdeeds.
In fact, there are quite specific laws making it ILLEGAL for him to take them. It's called "The Presidential Records Act." But it would seem @cOLTER objects to the President being held accountable to the law. Maybe he sees Trump as somehow superhuman, angelic, far above we mere mortals.

But eventually, somebody is going to notice that all these "law-and-order" champions are anything (possibly everything) but.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I favor prosecuting Hillary & others for official misdeeds.
Certainly, her getting away with anything doesn't justify
what Trump did.
As do I. If there was real evidence against Hillary, it should have been presented to a grand jury and let them decide to indict. As she was never elevated to divinity (sorry, I mean Presidency) that should not have been a problem

But for some reason, Trump's own Justice Department couldn't bring themselves to do it. Was it that there may not have been something indictable? I mean, all it takes is, "here's what the law says, here's the evidence...."

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
If what we are being told is true, that Trump took secret documents that should go to the national archives and are not supposed to be outside of a security network then no!
According to the Presidential Records Act, it does not matter in the slightest whether they were secret or not. The Presidentiasl Records Act DEMANDS that at 12:01 on the last day of his presidency, all such records, secret or not, must be delivered to the National Archives.

It is not ambiguous about this.

Colt

In fact, there are quite specific laws making it ILLEGAL for him to take them. It's called "The Presidential Records Act." But it would seem @cOLTER objects to the President being held accountable to the law. Maybe he sees Trump as somehow superhuman, angelic, far above we mere mortals.

But eventually, somebody is going to notice that all these "law-and-order" champions are anything (possibly everything) but.
He's not above the law, I just see all the drama-queenery for what it is! Trump really chapped the *** of the Left for those 4 years. The fake Russian collusion scam didn't work and that just eats up the hateful Left!

Colt

According to the Presidential Records Act, it does not matter in the slightest whether they were secret or not. The Presidentiasl Records Act DEMANDS that at 12:01 on the last day of his presidency, all such records, secret or not, must be delivered to the National Archives.

It is not ambiguous about this.
Hummmmm? Put Trump in Jail? What effect do you think that might have on his followers?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As do I. If there was real evidence against Hillary, it should have been presented to a grand jury and let them decide to indict. As she was never elevated to divinity (sorry, I mean Presidency) that should not have been a problem

But for some reason, Trump's own Justice Department couldn't bring themselves to do it. Was it that there may not have been something indictable? I mean, all it takes is, "here's what the law says, here's the evidence...."
She was still political royalty, & so escaped
consequences that bedevil us little folk.
Navy sailor has excuse for mishandling 'classified' material that should make Hillary Clinton proud
Clinton's Handling of Classified Information - FactCheck.org

Colt

"FBI Director James Comey said more than 2,000 emails contained classified information and some of them “bore markings indicating the presence of classified information.”

Another reason that the Right is inclined to ignore Trumps behavior is that we've been experiencing a double standard for so long that we might not really care anymore. As secretary of State Clinton ran an off the grid email exchange without consequences because she's a (D). Everyone in Washington is a (D). Most everyone in the media is a (D).

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
LoL! ABC news in their report quoting "unnamed sources" as usual, just revealed that there is an Israeli spy in ISIS!
Going by ABC's record it is probably true. There is a reason that one uses unnamed sources for claims like this. If the source was known and named it would put the source in danger. And it might also put the spy in danger. The odds are that ISIS already knew that there was a spy among them, otherwise just releasing that news would increase the risk to the spy. In face we, the general public, are probably the last to know when it comes to news like this.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
There are so many literally delusional cultists bringing the world's once-most-powerful nation into disrepute around the civilized world. When I was growing up (in the 1960s, 70s and 80s) the nation could always manage to cope -- to deal with the radical fringe, to cope with the loonies, to hold elections that were solidly accepted.

This appears not to be the case any more. Seriously! You can't get your insurrections under control. Your criminals, at the highest level, regularly defeat your law enforcement. Trump wins everything he touches, and will never be punished -- and the "law and order nation," the "country of laws," can't do anything at all to stop it.

How did the nation so impoverish its own sense of itself, and its status as the rational leader of the world? Because it is lost. Your own Department of Justice can't hold an obvious criminal to account, and can't seem to figure our how to do it.

What happened? Where did the America I knew go?

And can it ever come back? (For myself, I now seriously doubt it.)

How can you watch these commentators? I find them immediately irritating.
This isn't news, it's just some guys opinion on the internet and why should we care about his opinion?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I don’t doubt Russian interference, America has been manipulating elections around the world for ages. The claim was that Trump worked with Russia to win the 2016 election. It was just sour grapes.
If I recall, Trump -- in the very presence of Vladimir Putin (who has bigger hands, by the way) -- declared that he believed the Russian dictator over his own intelligence service. On television, on air, for all the world to see.

Sour grapes? I rather suspect if he'd wanted one, Putin could have got himself a BJ.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"FBI Director James Comey said more than 2,000 emails contained classified information and some of them “bore markings indicating the presence of classified information.”

Another reason that the Right is inclined to ignore Trumps behavior is that we've been experiencing a double standard for so long that we might not really care anymore. As secretary of State Clinton ran an off the grid email exchange without consequences because she's a (D). Everyone in Washington is a (D). Most everyone in the media is a (D).
I tire of the left & the right using each other as
an excuse for their own to commit illegal acts.
This race to the bottom yields bad government.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don’t doubt Russian interference, America has been manipulating elections around the world for ages. The claim was that Trump worked with Russia to win the 2016 election. It was just sour grapes.
No, it wasn't. Trump was stupid enough to say that if the Russians offered him illegal documents on Hillary that he would take them. In other words he openly stated that he would collude with Russia. When the investigation occurred he was he obstructed the investigation as much as possible. That alone was an impeachable offense. He was never cleared of obstruction. In fact a court has ruled that Barr improperly withheld evidence of Trump's obstruction in the investigation:

The DOJ under Barr wrongly withheld parts of a Russia probe memo, a court rules

A year later, a federal judge sharply rebuked Barr's handling of Mueller's report, saying Barr had made "misleading public statements" to spin the investigation's findings in favor of Trump and had shown a "lack of candor."

POLITICS
Bill Barr won't back a 2024 Trump run but doesn't quite condemn his former boss

Friday's appeals court decision said the internal Justice Department memo noted that "Mueller had declined to accuse President Trump of obstructing justice but also had declined to exonerate him." The internal memo said "the Report's failure to take a definitive position could be read to imply an accusation against President Trump" if released to the public, the court wrote.

Trump even may have colluded with Russia. He said that he would. But no evidence for the collusion was found. There was evidence of obstruction. That does not sound like the acts of an innocent man.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
LoL! ABC news in their report quoting "unnamed sources" as usual, just revealed that there is an Israeli spy in ISIS!
Shooting the messenger is the sign of a weaker mind. It's easily found on many other sources. Trump did endanger military personal, and not just American. Because of his loose lips England quit sharing intel with America. That's not good.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Shooting the messenger is the sign of a weaker mind. It's easily found on many other sources. Trump did endanger military personal, and not just American. Because of his loose lips England quit sharing intel with America. That's not good.
That is not only "not good" that tells us that they knew Trump was a more severe liability to their nation than the threats that they would have avoided by sharing intelligence. It tells us that the White House was probably leaking like a sieve when it came to intelligence.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, it wasn't. Trump was stupid enough to say that if the Russians offered him illegal documents on Hillary that he would take them.
That is the lamest evidence ever.
It appears to be just a mirthful barb.
But even if serious, it's not a solicitation.
There are plenty of crooked things about Trump.
Best to stick to what's real...not what's imagined.