• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the United States just not mature enough to deal with radical fringe madness?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Look everybody, the President took some papers home with him when he left office! Oh dear! Put him in prison!

The Left is notorious around the world for dreaming up reasons to imprison its political enemies.
Hmm, so what do you think would happen to you, or any other ordinary citizen of the USA, if you were in possession of top secret classified documents?
Do you think you'd be treated with kid gloves and given passes for months on end?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Sleaze bags on the Left have been trying to stop ding-dong Trump and it just keeps backfiring on them! Raiding Trumps home to get some documents that he had access to as president was just so stupid!
And slease bags on the Right have been trying to enable ding-dong Trump, and wait until you see how bad that will backfire on them.

And what's so wrong with having the nuclear secrets of another nation sitting essentially unprotected (maybe even copied) at a golf resort, anyway, eh? I mean, if it was the nuclear capabilities of an ally (and allies routinely share such info with each other), then American will be seen by its soon-to-be-cooler allies as totally untrustworthy. That would be, let's see, what's the word? Oh, yes. Bad. Very bad.

Colt

And slease bags on the Right have been trying to enable ding-dong Trump, and wait until you see how bad that will backfire on them.

And what's so wrong with having the nuclear secrets of another nation sitting essentially unprotected (maybe even copied) at a golf resort, anyway, eh? I mean, if it was the nuclear capabilities of an ally (and allies routinely share such info with each other), then American will be seen by its soon-to-be-cooler allies as totally untrustworthy. That would be, let's see, what's the word? Oh, yes. Bad. Very bad.
Backfire? The left is already in power. Crooked Joe Biden is getting his agenda done. What are you afraid of?

You believe them when the Leftist media tells you that the nuclear secrets of other nations are laying around a golf resort? Maybe question them like you question God?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
How did the nation so impoverish its own sense of itself, and its status as the rational leader of the world? Because it is lost. Your own Department of Justice can't hold an obvious criminal to account, and can't seem to figure our how to do it.

What happened? Where did the America I knew go?

And can it ever come back? (For myself, I now seriously doubt it.)
Weirdly, I think computers did it. That and something that seems to me to be unique to the US: a big chunk of the population that's ideologically aligned with the major political parties but often doesn't vote in elections.

Political parties have always had to play the strategy game of figuring out how to deploy finite resources to get as many votes as they can. Traditionally, without much information, this involved proposing policies that have a broad range of support across the political spectrum: a scattershot approach to get votes from as many ideologies as possible (without alienating your "core" supporters) with the hope that this translates to more votes. For the US, this all changed in the 90s, though.

What I think happened then is that this is when computer technology - and polling data - got sophisticated enough that party strategists could really drill down to figure out what would convince those non-voting members of their "base" to vote.

I think that the US political parties have discovered that it's more cost-effective for them to use their resources to convince people who already agree with them to vote than it is to convince people who previously voted for the other party to switch sides. With this change, parties have much less reason to try for "across the aisle" appeal.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How about Fox?
A little bit. It appears to have dropped its allegiance to Trump. It used to have decent and ethical news anchors. They left. The best one, Shepard Smith, is now working for CNBC.

Shepard Smith - Wikipedia

On March 15, 2018, Fox News signed Smith to a multi-year contract.[20] On October 11, 2019, he announced on Shepard Smith Reporting that he was leaving the network.[21][22]

In a 2021 interview with Christiane Amanpour on her eponymous show on CNN, he stated that his presence on Fox had become "untenable" due to the "falsehoods" and "lies" intentionally spread on the network's opinion shows.[23][24]

CNBC[edit]
On July 8, 2020, the business and economic news network CNBC announced Smith would join the network as chief general news anchor and chief general breaking news anchor. Smith serves as the host of The News with Shepard Smith, a primetime general news program that airs weekdays at 7:00 p.m. ET and launched on September 30, 2020. According to a CNBC press release, the program "[aims] to go beyond financial markets, 'to tell rich, deeply reported stories across the entire landscape of global news.'"[25] CNBC had previously aired a similarly named program in the same time slot, hosted by Brian Williams and later John Seigenthaler, from 2002 to 2004.[26]
He almost certainly had a period of at least one year before he could work in the news again. When one signs a contract like he did that is often part of the deal. His news was reliable. he did refute Shawn Hannity quite often so the two were not exactly friends at the network. It was nice to see that he got snapped up as quickly as he did.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Look everybody, the President took some papers home with him when he left office! Oh dear! Put him in prison!
So now we know you don't really care about people being held to the laws they are subjected to.
Just remember, we have this law because of Nixon, and as I often say when there is a law or policy someone did something that really shouldn't have been done. For this law, Watergate is that something that really shouldn't have happened. But it did, amd while Nixon bailed out before he got in trouble serious and real trouble, it's because of him Trump is facing this legal issue.

Shadow Wolf

A little bit. It appears to have dropped its allegiance to Trump. It used to have decent and ethical news anchors. They left. The best one, Shepard Smith, is now working for CNBC.

Shepard Smith - Wikipedia

On March 15, 2018, Fox News signed Smith to a multi-year contract.[20] On October 11, 2019, he announced on Shepard Smith Reporting that he was leaving the network.[21][22]

In a 2021 interview with Christiane Amanpour on her eponymous show on CNN, he stated that his presence on Fox had become "untenable" due to the "falsehoods" and "lies" intentionally spread on the network's opinion shows.[23][24]

CNBC[edit]
On July 8, 2020, the business and economic news network CNBC announced Smith would join the network as chief general news anchor and chief general breaking news anchor. Smith serves as the host of The News with Shepard Smith, a primetime general news program that airs weekdays at 7:00 p.m. ET and launched on September 30, 2020. According to a CNBC press release, the program "[aims] to go beyond financial markets, 'to tell rich, deeply reported stories across the entire landscape of global news.'"[25] CNBC had previously aired a similarly named program in the same time slot, hosted by Brian Williams and later John Seigenthaler, from 2002 to 2004.[26]
He almost certainly had a period of at least one year before he could work in the news again. When one signs a contract like he did that is often part of the deal. His news was reliable. he did refute Shawn Hannity quite often so the two were not exactly friends at the network. It was nice to see that he got snapped up as quickly as he did.
I'm glad for him he's out of Fox and the anti-gay **** they're known for. No one really deserves to be in an environment that is toxic amd antithetical towards their existence.

Shaul

Premium Member
Oh, look, another America bashing thread. The United States is a superlatively great country. If there is an issue it is the bigoted analysis done by America haters.

Colt

So now we know you don't really care about people being held to the laws they are subjected to.
Just remember, we have this law because of Nixon, and as I often say when there is a law or policy someone did something that really shouldn't have been done. For this law, Watergate is that something that really shouldn't have happened. But it did, amd while Nixon bailed out before he got in trouble serious and real trouble, it's because of him Trump is facing this legal issue.
I don't think people really care about the president taking home some of his papers, I think they are desperate to do anything they can to hurt trump. Bunch of drama-queenery! IMOP

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Why don't we start with forcing evs on people?

Unless your living under a rock, as you obviously don't apparently have any knowledge of Democrats being pushy and acting like they know what's best to a point they have to force things on every one that you actually need examples for.

I'll go further with one of many opinion pieces i agree with as well.....

Democrat Busybodies and the Destruction of Freedom – Metallicman

I mean, do you not think Republicans also force things through legislation on people?

One of the features of a democracy is not everyone will ever agree on everything. This is a feature of any community. This could legitimately feel like being forced into things, but this is a part of living in a community.

Personally, I think advancing technology towards sustainability within our reasonably finite biosphere is necessary. However, I don't think restricting gay marriage is.

My point is, both parties have a habit of legislating against the will of some people. This is inevitable.

Shadow Wolf

I don't think people really care about the president taking home some of his papers, I think they are desperate to do anything they can to hurt trump. Bunch of drama-queenery! IMOP
He broke the law and had classified documents lying out for anyone to see. This is what happens when such things get mishandled. I've even seen it happen, accidentally, and it was a scene and ordeal for everyone on base who was anywhere near those documents.
Trump did it deliberately.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I mean, do you not think Republicans also force things through legislation on people?

One of the features of a democracy is not everyone will ever agree on everything. This is a feature of any community. This could legitimately feel like being forced into things, but this is a part of living in a community.

Personally, I think advancing technology towards sustainability within our reasonably finite biosphere is necessary. However, I don't think restricting gay marriage is.

My point is, both parties have a habit of legislating against the will of some people. This is inevitable.
It's okay when my side does it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

To this day I don't understand why Republicans interfered with R vs W. I even thought it was a settled matter for the most part , so all I can ascertain is its revenge politicking using the same tactics of the nanny state in kind.

I'm at a loss aside from that determination that it's a form of political payback that does more harm than good for the common person but benefits the political front.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
And Trump himself who tightened up the law making it a felony, while he was in office. (Probably thinking it would be used to take down Hillary but he ended up being hoisted by his own petard.)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So it's cool that he broke the law, but it's not cool that he's being punished for breaking the law.
Okay then. o_O

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
To this day I don't understand why Republicans interfered with R vs W. I even thought it was a settled matter for the most part , so all I can ascertain is its revenge politicking using the same tactics of the nanny state in kind.

I'm at a loss aside from that determination that it's a form of political payback that does more harm than good for the common person but benefits the political front.
I think that the Republicans used Roe v Wade for decades to attract single issue voters. Right now that appears to be one of the parties main strategies. Appeal to single issue voters by using issues that are unlikely to change. By doing that they guarantee that the same people will keep voting for them. When it came to Roe v Wade it was clear that the Democrats would never overturn it. So the Republicans just claiming that they were going to do something about it attracted those voters.

What they did not count on was one incompetent President packing the court. Trump packed the court with people that were not only antiabortion, but were not afraid to lie about it. Suddenly those living in states with excessive Republican power suddenly had their wildest dreams fulfilled. They could now enforce their immoral beliefs upon others. What they did not realize is that the statistic of 61% of the US population supports little to no limitations on abortion and that applies to their states as well:

About six-in-ten Americans say abortion should be legal in all or most cases

Now they have angered a majority of the US population and a lot of them will vote. Very red Alaska voted elected a Democrat for Congress. Kansas voted at the rate of 60% to keep abortion legal in their state. And Michigan Republicans could read the writing on the wall so what was their reaction? They managed to get a initiative removed on what almost anyone on the right would call a "technicality" that would have gotten heir hind ends out of hot water. Instead they now are making it so that people will have to vote them out. Not smart.

The more intelligent Republican leaders have left the party. You only have the dregs left.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
How? How in the hell did you think that when everybody else sees clear as day you were way out of line with that one? Neither of you are new members and you have no valid excuse.

I guess it is a different perspective?