• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there a Creator?

I don't believe there is a creator God. Everything that exists is just energy in different forms which can neither be created, nor destroyed. However if one defines God as being this energy or this animating principal of existence, then in that case God exists, but God is still not a creator. God is more like the "animator".

That matter and energy has always existed in infinite forms (because matter, energy, space, and time are infinite) is as plausible a theory for existence as any. There could be big bangs going on right now but are too far away for us to notice. Perhaps big bangs happen because black holes gobble up to much and then...boom! Who knows?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
That matter and energy has always existed in infinite forms (because matter, energy, space, and time are infinite) is as plausible a theory for existence as any.
By 'theory' you of course mean 'conjecture' which renders your comment both true and underwhelming.

TurkeyOnRye

JS, I find most of your comments on this board to be extremely callous, critical and sometimes just mean. Please, stop judging others so much and make an effort to communicate with and understand your fellow living human beings who are just as much a part of this confusing world as you are.

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Venu,

Is there a Creator? Is there a God who created our so-called creation? I would tend to say “no” for the following reasons: 1. It is a trick to call existence “creation” and thereby posit that there has to be creator. 2. What exists is better called existence. 3. The question of who created existence does not arise because there was never a time when existence was not. 4. To say there is no “creator” is not to say there is no God because that would depend on what we mean by God. I request members to please comment on my statements as I am seeking a definitive answer as to whether there is a Creator.
What you have stated is correct, howver just like to add that, There is nothing as TIME. Its all in the mind and friend Nothing mentions it thus:
Everything that exists, exists only NOW! Past and future do not exist.

Friend TurkeyOnRye states:
We are the creator, which manifests in every form. The illusion of time creates the illusion of separation. Renounce time, and we can return to oneness, if only to realize this fact in a more conscious way.
Is the same as *Ahm Bramhasmi* in Sanatan Dharma.

Love & rgds

Zenzero,
Have you experienced a moment of timelessness? Have you been able to experience moments in what most of us call the past?

TurkeyOnRye

Time is illusion, without a doubt. Everything happens now. There is nothing that has not happened now. If you built a time machine and traveled through time, still, you would only experience it as now. Time is created through mental projection.

nameless

The Creator
Open your eyes and gaze upto the skies, look at the marvel of the creation, the subtle ways in which all forms have been created without any flaws, ask someone if they can create a fly?

everything in its natural state is accurate and marvelous. If you go deeper into its mechanism you can find there is no intelligent mind behind that.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Yes, the idea that existance was created is just a random guess, a shot in the dark, but so is the idea it was not created. We just don't have enough data, at this time, to speculate about the origins, or lack of, of existance.
If we posit a creator, we are left with trying to understand the complexity of a creator who has created what is obviously a very complex creation. Many religions, to avoid breaking our heads on it, declare that we can never know anything about God. And also, we are not to ask questions like who created God. He is simply the uncreated creator. Full stop.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
God is existence. For He is the only essential existence. Wherever existence has been there He has been also. For existence is His name. Essence is His title. He is all that is and will be. He is the essence of existence. His presence is most obvious in non-existence.
Is there something like non-existence?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
While poetic and beautifull in its own way, one thing time is not, is an illusion. A close look at relativity theory and one can plainly see that time is not a concept or illusion conceptualized by human minds. It is a permanent and inseperable piece of space. Observed and proven as a physical entity and not a mere mirage of the human mind. For almost a hundred years the concept of time has stopped being a concept and became an integral part of our understanding of the universe. Time, like space and the rest of our universe, is oblivious to the human condition, and should not be considered in any poetic way.
I might not be able to understand the scientific explanations about time, but I thought that time is an arbitrary measurement by man of the change he witnesses, particularly of day and night, the seasons etc. Maybe if we are oblivious to change, time would stand still for us.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Then what made existence?
Couldn’t existence have always existed? Those who believe in God say God always existed and would call us insane to ask who made God.
Some have proposed that as a name for "creator". But then how does existence exist?
Another question would be, to whom does existence exist? Obviously not for a dead man. We become aware of existence because we are alive. Could this entity called ‘life’ be what existence is all about?
If that's so, then why is there a time now when things are not? When did that begin?
If there a time ever when things are not? The essence remains, only the expressions change.
Indeed. What do you mean by "God"?
For me, God is man’s ultimate potential.
KK. Good luck.
Thanks.

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
3. The question of who created existence does not arise because there was never a time when existence was not.

4. To say there is no “creator” is not to say there is no God because that would depend on what we mean by God.

Point 3 lacks any verifiability. We have no knowledge of the extent of reality (not the universe mind you) and as such we have no way gathering evidence whether reality is eternal or had a beginning.

The best we can do is argue a point of logic (something I have done on other threads hardly putting the topic to rest) But ultimately this boils down to two (in my opinion) highly competitive cosmologies (unlimited and eternal cosmos & cosmos has a starting point limited or unlimited hardly matters) and one (again in my opinion) not so competitive cosmology (eternal but limited cosmos).

I do not posit creation as this presupposes action on the part of "God" or my preferred term Perfect Perfection (Supreme Reality). I vastly prefer looking at existence from the perspective of it being a "byproduct" of PP's "mere existence" and thus no creation but still "God" (of sorts). With that said the "most likely" cosmologies differ largely as a matter of semantics and the "less likely" cosmology seems to suffer from problems due to infinities being nested inside limited structures (I have serious reservations about the viability of a limited but eternal cosmos).

MTF

Jeremiah

If we posit a creator, we are left with trying to understand the complexity of a creator who has created what is obviously a very complex creation. Many religions, to avoid breaking our heads on it, declare that we can never know anything about God. And also, we are not to ask questions like who created God. He is simply the uncreated creator. Full stop.

"
If we posit a creator, we are left with trying to understand the complexity of a creator who has created what is obviously a very complex creation."

Or we could just forgot about the supposed "creator" and just focus on the "creation".

"Many religions, to avoid breaking our heads on it, declare that we can never know anything about God."

That simply is not true; Most
religions have allot to say about the nature of gods.

"And also, we are not to ask questions like who created God. He is simply the uncreated creator. Full stop."

And my question is: What exactly necessitates a "god"? Why not just a "full stop" on existance?

Last edited:

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
I hate to dissapoint you but I highly doubt there is a living soul on earth, much less in this forum who can give a definitive answer on wether or not there is a Creator. One would have to know completely what the Creator is (which I belive no mortal has the capacity to do) to give a definitive answer.

Can we hope to get a logical answer to the question as to whether there is a Creator? By logical answer I mean our reasoning, one step at a time, leads up to the final reasoning without any break. Or are answers to this sort of question never got logically? Some talk of intuition as the only way to get ultimate answers.