• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any evidence for the Truth of Islam ?

loverOfTruth

I have little doubt that the writer of the Koran believes and/or wants others to believe it is written in a coherent manner. Again, this isn't about the validity of certain doctrines. This is about writing a document with a clear thesis (ie. the stuff kids learn about in writing classes).

Perhaps, if it was written with the emphasis with the stuff kids learn in writing classes - people would not be accepting Islam in droves after reading this great Book, rather they would be leaving this religion as they do after reading the humanly authored holy books. So God Almighty knows best why He chose this order and it is not for us to change it as the verse I stated suggests. But one thing for sure - out of divine wisdom, the Qur'an that exists today which was revealed by God Almighty is much easier to get glued to and much more likely to imbue one with deep spirituality by randomly picking up from anywhere you want - even if few verses, cause it is from the Almighty Creator of the heavens and the earth.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Perhaps But one thing for sure - out of divine wisdom, the Qur'an that exists today which was revealed by God Almighty is much easier to get glued to and much more likely to imbue one with deep spirituality by randomly picking up from anywhere you want - even if few verses, cause it is from the Almighty Creator of the heavens and the earth.

Funny you mention that because "random" is a near perfect description of the order that the books are arranged in. Perhaps in the libraries of Heaven chapters in all books are arranged in order of size as opposed to content such as chronology. Maybe that's the order that makes the most sense in the minds of the angelic beings who check the books out. Sadly for humanity, "Allah" was unwilling to adapt his message to his audience: human beings. We tend to appreciate trivial details such as when someone tells a story in the order of: beginning, middle, and then end without rearranging it. However, my criticism of the Koran is not limited to chapter order. It's the fact that within chapters, the writer appears to just be jotting down the first thing that pops into his head without giving any thought to creating a message with a clear main idea. This style of writing may appear in the eyes of some to be "otherworldly". I call like I see it however: ramblings

Last edited:

loverOfTruth

Funny you mention that because "random" is a near perfect description of the order that the books are arranged in. Perhaps in the libraries of Heaven chapters in all books are arranged in order of size as opposed to content such as chronology. Maybe that's the order that makes the most sense in the minds of the angelic beings who check the books out. Sadly for humanity, "Allah" was unwilling to adapt his message to his audience: human beings. We tend to appreciate trivial details such as when someone tells a story in the order of: beginning, middle, and then end without rearranging it. However, my criticism of the Koran is not limited to chapter order. It's the fact that within chapters, the writer appears to just be jotting down the first thing that pops into his head without giving any thought to creating a message with a clear main idea.

Please do not equate yourself with all of the rest of humanity - you are pretty unique in your anti-islamic tirade (yes, i'll give you that).

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
-- Mod Post --

Please avoid calling each other names or violating any of the rules.

Anyone who continues to violate the rules after this post risks potential punitive action from the staff.

Debates can get heated, but don't post in anger; do yourself a favour if you find yourself annoyed, post when you're calmer.

-- End of Mod Post --