• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There Proof God Exists????

Bird123

First of all, one has little to do with the other. Biological Evolution neither proves, nor disproves God. Only certain myths such as Old Testament events are disproven, or shown to be false, through our knowledge of Biological Evolution and the other sciences.

This is not 'proof'. It is simply subjective evidence based on your feelings and misunderstandings of what Biological Evolution entails.
Evolution doesn't firmly prove or disprove God, however it has been used as the entire picture of the world. Clearly there is more going on. In fact, I believe evolution is evidence of God. The genius and complexity built into the system can not be random chance. As for holy book stories, one can tell they are but mere stories in the fact that there aren't enough specific details. A world made for discovery and learning will provide a way to discover it all. Scientists are doing pretty well so far. Still, there is a long way to go.

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
Yes continual expansion and evolution of higher consciousness in all creation hints at a goal of perfection that has yet to be experienced by most human beings. The goal of that evolution of consciousness will culminate in God realization. We have already seen or alot of us have already seen what a God realized man lives, acts, and teaches. They have lived, are living, and will continue to exemplify what our goal is. They all drink from the same fountain of wisdom and that fountain is God's omniscience.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Evolution doesn't firmly prove or disprove God, however it has been used as the entire picture of the world.
However you may have heard it misused, Biological Evolution relates to biological diversity and changes, not an entire picture of the world.
Clearly there is more going on. In fact, I believe evolution is evidence of God.
Again, that is subjective evidence. Or evidence to you. Not objective empirical evidence.
The genius and complexity built into the system can not be random chance.
It can, you just find it hard to believe.
Scientists are doing pretty well so far. Still, there is a long way to go.
I agree.

Bird123

If god does exist, you, like so many other theists, had better hope that he does not mind your dishonesty.
How am I being dishonest????? I want everyone to walk their own path. I am here to make you think. I don't need followers. Shouldn't everyone discover God for themselves??? I have always thought it funny people look for God through other people. That's strange to me. Isn't that strange to you??? Correct my dishonesty for me. I welcome your input.

Bird123

i know this guy you might get along with, you might have heard of him his name is mickiel.

unlike us blind atheists who hate god so much that we miss all the beautiful evidences of god, he can see right through everything and recognize god's unique plan in everything.

:D
All the secrets of the universe stare us in the face. Who can see?? It's a test of intelligence. How long did mankind watch birds fly before they figured out how. There is so very much we never see. I , for one, am going to be looking.

Bird123

No, not really.
OK, let's look at things differently. First let's assume God exists. For a God to create it all, His IQ must really be up there. There will be complexity far beyond the surface of things. Isn't that what is here?? Look at the complexity of DNA. Look at the complexity of nature, the balance of the planets, the sun burning almost endlessly, weather. If that isn't complex enough, what about the complexity of the human condition with the infinite variable possibilities that come with the interaction. Yet, there is still so much that I do not see. I am still looking.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
How am I being dishonest????? I want everyone to walk their own path. I am here to make you think. I don't need followers. Shouldn't everyone discover God for themselves??? I have always thought it funny people look for God through other people. That's strange to me. Isn't that strange to you??? Correct my dishonesty for me. I welcome your input.
For starters you need to to learn what the Theory of Evolution actually does and does not say.
Why you ask?
Because the ToE has come a long long way since Darwin.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
OK, let's look at things differently. First let's assume God exists. For a God to create it all, His IQ must really be up there. There will be complexity far beyond the surface of things. Isn't that what is here?? Look at the complexity of DNA. Look at the complexity of nature, the balance of the planets, the sun burning almost endlessly, weather. If that isn't complex enough, what about the complexity of the human condition with the infinite variable possibilities that come with the interaction. Yet, there is still so much that I do not see. I am still looking.
Ah yes, the ever popular "complexity requires a creator" argument.

Ok, I will play.

Who/what created god?
I mean if everything that is complex has to have a creator, then god has to have a creator, right?
If god does not need a creator, then why does the universe need a creator?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
OK, let's look at things differently. First let's assume God exists.
Why? that would be against my nature. my default premise is that a universe is without a deity.
For a God to create it all, His IQ must really be up there. There will be complexity far beyond the surface of things. Isn't that what is here?? Look at the complexity of DNA. Look at the complexity of nature, the balance of the planets, the sun burning almost endlessly, weather. If that isn't complex enough, what about the complexity of the human condition with the infinite variable possibilities that come with the interaction. Yet, there is still so much that I do not see. I am still looking.
Are you saying that because life is 'complex' it must mean that there is a creator behind it who designed it? this kind of logic has been handicapping the study of evolution right from its inception. poor ol' Darwin was born in a Victorian Christian society, it meant he had to bend his ToE to the dogma of his culture.
sorry you might be blinded by the spectacle of life's 'complexity', to me it does not mean there is a God behind this complexity at all.

Bird123

For starters you need to to learn what the Theory of Evolution actually does and does not say.
Why you ask?
Because the ToE has come a long long way since Darwin.
Survival of the fittest of the mutated line from Dna is not evolution?????? People claim evolution is creation. There is a bit of both in the discussion. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bird123

Ah yes, the ever popular "complexity requires a creator" argument.

Ok, I will play.

Who/what created god?
I mean if everything that is complex has to have a creator, then god has to have a creator, right?
If god does not need a creator, then why does the universe need a creator?
Based on the physical laws of this universe, there is cause and effect. My chevy truck will never form itself. I need a new one soon if it will. We base most of our thinking on the physical laws of this universe, however quantum physics is showing the possibility of many universes and dimensions. Perhaps God comes from a dimension without time. God is. From the framework of this universe God would then be eternal. Always was and always will be. We are spiritual beings in our true natures. The same might include us. There is so much left to discover. We ants have a long way to go and lots to learn before all the answers are known. One must stay open for the possibilities.

Bird123

Why? that would be against my nature. my default premise is that a universe is without a deity.

Are you saying that because life is 'complex' it must mean that there is a creator behind it who designed it? this kind of logic has been handicapping the study of evolution right from its inception. poor ol' Darwin was born in a Victorian Christian society, it meant he had to bend his ToE to the dogma of his culture.
sorry you might be blinded by the spectacle of life's 'complexity', to me it does not mean there is a God behind this complexity at all.
Fear of knowledge has always slowed progress. People get scared when they don't understand. Since religion is largely based in emotion, it's no wonder science must struggle with these people. Maybe religion has influenced your default view. When scientist discover one thing, it leads to more doors of discovery. Isn't that the way learning should be? Wouldn't a God who could create it all want His children to discover it all??? I am for scientific discovery including stem cells and cloning. Lack of knowledge among people and yes, religious people creates the fear and problems. Learning and grow is the system. Science will drag on in spite of the protests. Our education will not be stopped. Religious people are always trying to tell others what God wants. They forget He is so far ahead of us. One must be objective. If you base whether God exists on the view and description of religion then God couldn't exist. One, however must be open to explore the possibilities. Like scientists, one must be willing to venture into undiscovered country. Let your intelligence lead the way. Hmmm? Where might one find God if He exists?? Start by looking for God's actions. Cause and effect universe that we live in allows actions to be seen. Question remains. Can we see???

Bird123

There is a plethora of proof that god exists; god being a wide variety of human imaginings and delusions.
Isn't it only the ego that tells mankind they are the smartest beings in the universe?? We rule this planet so that makes us great. How good a job is mankind doing with this planet? Let's just hope a higher intelligence limited the amout of oil on the planet before we smother the life out of it. One day kiddies must get around to cleaning their rooms. I hope it's soon.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Based on the physical laws of this universe, there is cause and effect. My chevy truck will never form itself. I need a new one soon if it will. We base most of our thinking on the physical laws of this universe, however quantum physics is showing the possibility of many universes and dimensions. Perhaps God comes from a dimension without time. God is. From the framework of this universe God would then be eternal. Always was and always will be. We are spiritual beings in our true natures. The same might include us. There is so much left to discover. We ants have a long way to go and lots to learn before all the answers are known. One must stay open for the possibilities.
perhaps you did not understand the question:
Who/what created god?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Let's explore together whether God exists or simple evolution and random chance is the truth. Let's start by looking at our world today. Can you see God and God's work behind it all or do you feel the cold mechanical clockwork of an unfeeling system??
I see an ocean of possibilities, such an amount the number is staggering and since we'll never know the answers it's really not worth worrying about. Really everything that is as it is today could be a cosmic game of dice, or it could have been an elaborate series of cause and effect and everything was destined to be the way it is now because of the very minute details of the Big Bang explosion.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Based on the physical laws of this universe, there is cause and effect.

Cause and effect has not been shown to be a factor in Quantum Physics.
At the sub-molecular level, particles pop in and out of existence. Decay happens spontaneously, for no known reason.
Not only that, but the physical laws of the Universe did not even come into existence until several Plank times after the initial expansion of the Singularity of the Big Bang.

Cause has not been shown to be necessary for our Universe.