• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is There Proof God Exists????

McBell

Admiral Obvious
When you take the time factor out, everything IS. We as spiritual beings might just fall into the same category. In this universe, it's different. The universe can be traced back to the big bang>A beginning.
You are still avoiding the question.
That 's alright, I did not expect you to actually give an answer to it.

Bird123

Wow. There are really no limits to stretching the natural into the supernatural for you, is there?

Let me tell you how it works for me.
I look at the objective empirical evidence. The explanations that we have found thus far for the workings of our universe. The facts of science. The Theories, and the Laws.
And there is not one iota of objective evidence that a god or God is necessary to explain any of it. Does this mean there is no God? Of course not. But the necessity for Gods existence or involvement is not shown.
Yet I still believe in a deistic concept of God.
Not because any evidence shows that God exists or is necessary. It doesn't.
But because I believe God exists.
And I will accept empirical evidence over my personal beliefs every time.
No reasonable person should warp science, discard facts, or deceive themselves through ignorance in order to justify their beliefs.
You don't have to worry. Science will discover God in time. There is a long way to go for there is so much yet undiscovered. Indeed, go for the facts, they will always be better than beliefs. Most all science started with beliefs then went on to discover. The same should be true for God. People and religions who place such a high value on beliefs simply don't realize that beliefs are just the start on the journey to discovery. Sometimes those who search find what they search for. Hmmm???? Just where does one search for God???? Like with science and everything in this world, it'a a test of intelligence.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You don't have to worry. Science will discover God in time. There is a long way to go for there is so much yet undiscovered. Indeed, go for the facts, they will always be better than beliefs. Most all science started with beliefs then went on to discover. The same should be true for God. People and religions who place such a high value on beliefs simply don't realize that beliefs are just the start on the journey to discovery. Sometimes those who search find what they search for. Hmmm???? Just where does one search for God???? Like with science and everything in this world, it'a a test of intelligence.
What, god is hiding behind a door just waiting to jump out and scream "Here I am!!"?

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
You don't have to worry. Science will discover God in time. There is a long way to go for there is so much yet undiscovered. Indeed, go for the facts, they will always be better than beliefs. Most all science started with beliefs then went on to discover. The same should be true for God. People and religions who place such a high value on beliefs simply don't realize that beliefs are just the start on the journey to discovery
The most interesting words in science are not "Eureka", but "That's odd..."

And science has destroyed an equal if not greater number of beliefs than it has confirmed. It turns out that a lot of the ways we conceptualize the world are simply wrong, and something far stranger is going on underneath. ...And there isn't that much left undiscovered. We actually have several "theories of everything" that explain the entire universe top to bottom, but we can't decide between them.

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God

Agree!!!! 1 trillion percent!!!! There will come an age where God is no longer a belief but an actual goal based on levels of experience and much more testimonies than today.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
What about what is??? There is much to yet to explore at the quantum level. Let's not assume all the answers are in just yet.

Never said they were. I was merely pointing out that maybe you should make sure you understand what certain theories and hypothesis actually say before you make inferences about their effect. In other words, you need to read more about these subjects.

Oh, you are neither a rising ape nor a falling angel. How about a wonderful work of art??

Whether I am rising or not is up for debate, but I am most certainly an ape. I don't believe in angels so that takes care of that. As for a work of art... Meh, I am too flawed for that. ^_^

Bird123

I also dislike your blatant dishonesty.
For if you consider your run around replies "answers".....
If you are expecting simple answers that reveal the surface of things, you aren't looking for real answers. If you do not understand my answers perhaps exploring might reveal more. You might look at a person and see a person but as we all know it's more complex. Why mankind doesn't even have DNA figured out yet.

Bird123

What, god is hiding behind a door just waiting to jump out and scream "Here I am!!"?
Do you know what would happen if you were to bump into God today?????? You would just be confused by the experience. God's IQ is through the roof and people see what they want to see. First try to understand God through His actions. In a cause and effect, time universe,God's actions can not be hidden. Once you can see God's actions, figure out why,how,where,why. That is the road to understanding. You see this world and see a mess. I see this world and see a MASTERPIECE!!!! What do you think is the difference in our views?? Perhaps I have a better understanding into what is really going on. I see the genius behind it all. Perhaps, after much study of God's actions, you will be ready to bump into Him. Like with everything in this world, some much of it is up to each of us to choose our path.

Bird123

The most interesting words in science are not "Eureka", but "That's odd..."

And science has destroyed an equal if not greater number of beliefs than it has confirmed. It turns out that a lot of the ways we conceptualize the world are simply wrong, and something far stranger is going on underneath. ...And there isn't that much left undiscovered. We actually have several "theories of everything" that explain the entire universe top to bottom, but we can't decide between them.
Very good. The beauty of it all is that all the secrets of the universe stare us in the face ready to be discovered. If only mankind figured all this out thousands of years ago, most of the world's problems would already be solved. Knowledge solves all problems. The good news is that the smarter the world gets: the faster it gets smarter. Maybe we were just born too soon.

Bird123

Agree!!!! 1 trillion percent!!!! There will come an age where God is no longer a belief but an actual goal based on levels of experience and much more testimonies than today.
Yes, I can see it too. There will still be people who will refuse to let go of those old beliefs in the midst of truth. Sometimes I think people would do anything just to keep from changing. Some don't realize that change can be a good thing as well.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
You don't have to worry. Science will discover God in time.
No worries. We may find God, or something similar in our advancement of scientific knowledge about the Universe. Or we may not. We may find that the answers to all our questions involve no deity at all. (This being the most likely prospect.)
However, presupposition of God is a matter of faith, not science. We cannot advance science using a hope of a supernatural God. Science advances on natural evidence only.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Do you know what would happen if you were to bump into God today?????? You would just be confused by the experience. God's IQ is through the roof and people see what they want to see. First try to understand God through His actions. In a cause and effect, time universe,God's actions can not be hidden. Once you can see God's actions, figure out why,how,where,why. That is the road to understanding. You see this world and see a mess. I see this world and see a MASTERPIECE!!!! What do you think is the difference in our views?? Perhaps I have a better understanding into what is really going on. I see the genius behind it all. Perhaps, after much study of God's actions, you will be ready to bump into Him. Like with everything in this world, some much of it is up to each of us to choose our path.
:sleep:
please wake me up when your sermon is over.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If you are expecting simple answers that reveal the surface of things, you aren't looking for real answers. If you do not understand my answers perhaps exploring might reveal more. You might look at a person and see a person but as we all know it's more complex. Why mankind doesn't even have DNA figured out yet.
Nice way to dodge the question...AGAIN.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yes, I can see it too. There will still be people who will refuse to let go of those old beliefs in the midst of truth. Sometimes I think people would do anything just to keep from changing. Some don't realize that change can be a good thing as well.
images

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
No worries. We may find God, or something similar in our advancement of scientific knowledge about the Universe. Or we may not. We may find that the answers to all our questions involve no deity at all. (This being the most likely prospect.)
However, presupposition of God is a matter of faith, not science. We cannot advance science using a hope of a supernatural God. Science advances on natural evidence only.

Utterly false. There are scientific tools to find God. Many have already used them and have found him. Most atheist or uninterested men are just to lazy or stuck in their beliefs to give these scientific techniques of meditation a try. If one would just apply themselves like scientists do to their studies they would find that God is found by experimenting inwardly through yogic techniques given by God realized souls.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Utterly false. There are scientific tools to find God. Many have already used them and have found him. Most atheist or uninterested men are just to lazy or stuck in their beliefs to give these scientific techniques of meditation a try. If one would just apply themselves like scientists do to their studies they would find that God is found by experimenting inwardly through yogic techniques given by God realized souls.
:facepalm:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

You definitely deserve some kind of award.

I don't think I've ever seen someone fit so many wrong things into one short paragraph.

Kudos.