• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there such a thing as a universal religion?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Baha'u'llah speaks of many different biblical words. Bread, Oil, and Wine for example. We could also take a look at other biblical words that he talks about. We can listen to everything Baha'u'llah said, one word at a time.

So what exactly can we learn of the biblical bread, oil, and wine from Baha'u'llah?
Take a look. Tell me what you think.
Thanks for the links. I will take a look as soon as I have time.

WonderingWorrier

Thanks for the links. I will take a look as soon as I have time.
Have you found the time to listen to Baha'u'llah yet?

With the search tool that I showed you it is simply a matter of minutes to listen to everything Baha'u'llah said in all his writings about the Biblical words: Bread, and Oil, and Wine.

So do you have the answers to the Biblical words? Tell me what you think.

WonderingWorrier

I would not forget to go back to it
It's been a while. Have you had time to listen to Baha'u'llah yet? Did you find any answers?
I would like to hear if you have the answers to the Biblical words bread, oil, and wine.

You could also use these other Biblical words in your search for answers given by Baha'u'llah. As the Bible speaks of bread oil and wine, it also speaks of corn olives and grapes. And it also speaks of fields oliveyards and vineyards.

They are clearly connected to the original words because the bread is of the corn of the field, the oil is of the olive of the oliveyard, and the wine is of the grape of the vineyard.

Consider in the Bible (Hosea 2) there is a saying "and the Earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil". Which could be important because then it says "I will say to them which were not my people, thou are my people, and they shall say thou are my God".

So can you hear the corn (bread), the wine, and the oil? I would like to know what you think.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's been a while. Have you had time to listen to Baha'u'llah yet? Did you find any answers?
I would like to hear if you have the answers to the Biblical words bread, oil, and wine.
No, I still have not had time but I still have the link to your post saved in a document so I will hopefully get to it eventually.

WonderingWorrier

No, I still have not had time but I still have the link to your post saved in a document so I will hopefully get to it eventually.

I'm interested to know what you can hear. I could show you an example of how I listen to Baha'u'llah. Like I notice Baha'u'llah has his wine with stream. But I also notice he has his wine with sea, and that's a problem.

The Biblical sea, river, and stream are as three different positions of height. The corn, the oil, and the wine are as the same three different positions of height.

As clearly stated in the Bible the corn is as the sand of the sea, and the river is as oil.

So Baha'u'llah speaking wine and stream together would have been acceptable. But it seems Baha'u'llah doesn't know where to put his word. Hence the problem.

Do you know what I mean? When I hear the word, I hear the position. So if I say words like corn, or oil, or wine can you understand what I am talking about? Their positions.

Every word of a messenger has its place, which is shared with other certain words of the same place.

Like other different Biblical words can also be heard as the same corn, oil, and wine. Even the spears, swords, and bows. Same places.

Hawkins

Or will every religion always be considered from a particular culture and carry those marks?

Is Christianity a universal religion? Islam? Given their Middle Eastern focus, their almost exclusive interest in a limited geographical area, Semitic language and concepts not known by those outside that culture, limited view of history etc.

Is it possible to have a truly universal religion that doesn't just end up being a bland, sterile philosophy?

Humans are creatures of preparing the future. That's why we need a pension for our retirement, or else a government may force you to contribute to your own pension (i.e., forcing you to take your own responsibility). The question is rather, which future is to be prepared. The minimum is our life span. That begs the question what would happen after death, do we need to prepare such a future?

Science is basically lab based, it's out of human capability to go beyond death to look for the truth. If on the other hand, it's within human capability to search beyond death, we can conclude based on evidence. If it's beyond our capability then "no evidence" is not a result of searching but a certainty of lacking ability. We thus can't draw a conclusion that life won't go beyond death due to the lack of evidence (not to mention that this is a known fallacy).

The only way remained for humans to get to the truth beyond death is through a God who knows and is willing to tell. Primarily, a religion serves as a mass media for a God to tell a future to humans, as long as this God has a good reason not to show up publicly. The good reason for the God of Christianity not showing up is that both God and humans are bound by a Covenant which specifies that humans need faith to be saved. So if God shows up, men are no longer savable. The next is, if God has a good reason not to show up, He must choose the next most efficient and viable way to convey His truth, that is, to inform humans of a future which only God knows.

An analogy is, when the US government has a crucial message for its citizens, it should broadcast it through a US-facing mass media. By the same token, if a God has a crucial message for all mankind, it should broacast/preach it through a religion in a human-facing manner. The gospel (God's news) must be preached (i.e., broadcast) to all nations (making it human-facing). It's an explicit command from only one of the many gods.