• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Woke a religion?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
when Clinton, whose policies i despised was revealed to have had affairs, my attitude was, who cares? that was between him and his family. Hillery's corruption however affected Americans, in particular the military. Its clear the 'get Trump narrative ongoing since 2015 included a weaponized Judiciary, the Judge openly stating she was out to get Trump.. It is common practice in many countries to go after, imprison opposing candidates, the Vile democratic party has followed that practice,
This was in response to, "How come "the Right" doesn't have any complaints about Trump's "personal morality?" That's my question.

You guys have gone from "Lock her Up" to "We wholeheartedly support a convicted felon for President!"
And you want to question "the left's" morality????"

Trump was convicted in an actual real courtroom, by a judge and jury of his peers. You don't just get to deny that simply because you worship the man and don't like it. It's a fact of reality. He's a felon. And a civilly liable sexual assaulter. And a convicted fraud. And your response is "witch hunt" and "nuh uh but I don't like Hillary Clinton!" Even though Hillary Clinton has never been convicted of any crimes. But you want her locked up anyway. For ... well, you don't like her. Then you project that directly onto Democrats claiming they had something to do with Trump's court room convictions, which of course, they don't. Judges, grand juries and juries have all found him guilty of crimes. Not Democrats.

In other words, you let your personal feelings override reality. You're imagining that Democrats are somehow involved with Trump's convictions, because you are fine with locking up Democrats who've never even been found guilty of any crimes, while wholeheartedly supporting the guy who has been convicted of multiple felonies. It might be funny if it weren't so alarming.

So how come you don't have a problem with Trump's (lack of) personal morality? You never did answer.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
No.

The term is used by right wing pundits and media to create a false enemy group, which they lump all their enemies under over the past couple of years.

Its similar to the satanic panic.

They use this to cause panic, using a few extreme leftists here and there to paint all leftists expressing ideas they dont like with one large brush.

The woke panic is a useful and effective tool for conservatives to indoctrinate the right wing even further so that they can win political votes. It makes conservatism, i suspect mostly those conservatives who are obsessively online, very cultish in mindset, which is a good way to gain power. It maintains the status quo by glorifying the past, vilifying progress and vilifying any attempt to rectify present and past inequality and prejudice in society.