• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam: Ask your questions

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Yes, i don't think we should label them generally as kafirs, or disbelievers at least in some sense of the word, as i tried to clarify earlier. Thats not to say that Christians are believers neither, only to say that a collective judgement won't work here.
God called them plz check the verses ,God called their believe "Kofer"
in general , God said who believe in Jesus son of marry is God , his belief is "Kofer "

Its not my fault that you make unjustified logical leaps now, is it?
ok can you plz explain your claim :
how ?
not all non-muslims are disbelievers not equal all non-muslims are believers .

and whom non-muslims that you considerate them are not disbelievers ?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God called them plz check the verses ,God called their believe "Kofer"
in general , God said who believe in Jesus son of marry is God , his belief is "Kofer "

Yes, he did. But if you read the articles, you'll understand why this in my view, doesn't necessitate what you think it does. There are more than one usage for the word within the Quran itself. God refers to them within the Quran itself, the people of the book that is, in more than one context.

So the issue is neither clear, easy or as simple as you think it is. There is a lot involved, and so any collective judgement on them would be simplistic and unfair.

ok can you plz explain your claim :
how ?
not all non-muslims are disbelievers not equal all non-muslims are believers .

Its very simple. They're not equal because by equating them you've skipped multiple possibilities. Such as, that i don't actually know. As in, i'm saying, like i posted earlier, some of them might be so and some them might not. IOW, objecting to a claim does not mean that i advocate its opposite.

For example, you might say "team x sucks at football". If i say that i disagree, or object or say that "Not all team x sucks at football", that does not mean that i'm saying "team x is great at football". It could mean that i'm saying "some players in team x are good and some are bad". Or it could mean that i'm objecting to you judging them as anything, based on certain reasons. That is, objecting because i don't think you have the qualifications to judge them, or because your judgement is too generic etc...

and whom non-muslims that you considerate them are not disbelievers ?

To me it all comes down to sincerity, or intentions. Sincerity to me is the thing that differentiates between people. Whether or not they're truly seeking the truth.

Now, that doesn't enable me obviously to make any specific judgement about any groups or a person, to be a believer or disbeliever.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Yes, he did. But if you read the articles, you'll understand why this in my view, doesn't necessitate what you think it does. There are more than one usage for the word within the Quran itself. God refers to them within the Quran itself, the people of the book that is, in more than one context.

we are talking in the context of believing or disbelieve (kafir , mo'amin )
-most of the Quran talking about the disbelieve of the jews and christains (people of the book).

Its very simple. They're not equal because by equating them you've skipped multiple possibilities. Such as, that i don't actually know. As in, i'm saying, like i posted earlier, some of them might be so and some them might not. IOW, objecting to a claim does not mean that i advocate its opposite.

For example, you might say "team x sucks at football". If i say that i disagree, or object or say that "Not all team x sucks at football", that does not mean that i'm saying "team x is great at football". It could mean that i'm saying "some players in team x are good and some are bad". Or it could mean that i'm objecting to you judging them as anything, based on certain reasons. That is, objecting because i don't think you have the qualifications to judge them, or because your judgement is too generic etc...

To me it all comes down to sincerity, or intentions. Sincerity to me is the thing that differentiates between people. Whether or not they're truly seeking the truth.

Now, that doesn't enable me obviously to make any specific judgement about any groups or a person, to be a believer or disbeliever.
i understand it now , but i guess it's not work with that "kafar" in most of the time .
because for the opinion some scholars , considerate not all the disbelievers will go to the hell
because some of them are not heard about Islam , but disbelievers whom heard about Islam will be in the hell.

i am talking about whom heard about Islam , especialy the People of the Book

i can bit 99 % of the people of the book nowdays heard about Islam and Muhammad (pbuh)

but notice that Allah called their faith "kofer " without any exception

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
we are talking in the context of believing or disbelieve (kafir , mo'amin )

Yes but what i was saying is that this, exactly this, what you're talking about has more than one sense. Since the Quran used the description in more than one way.

If you mean that it specifically used it in the sense of basically someone who is going to hell (someone who refused the message IOW), in those specific verses you quoted, then i'll address that in the last part of this post.

-most of the Quran talking about the disbelieve of the jews and christains (people of the book).

Not sure what you mean here. If you mean that most of the time the Quran has mentioned Jews and Christians it has been in terms of referring to them as disbelievers, then i don't really know whether or not that is the case. Assuming that it is though, it doesn't make much difference to what i'm saying, and i'll explain why in the next part.

i understand it now , but i guess it's not work with that "kafar" in most of the time .
because for the opinion some scholars , considerate not all the disbelievers will go to the hell
because some of them are not heard about Islam , but disbelievers whom heard about Islam will be in the hell.

i am talking about whom heard about Islam , especialy the People of the Book

i can bit 99 % of the people of the book nowdays heard about Islam and Muhammad (pbuh)

but notice that Allah called their faith "kofer " without any exception

Okay, consider these tafsirs (interpretations) of the verses you posted:

Altafsir.com - The Tafsirs -

After reading them, would you agree that the verses are addressing specifically people that knowingly change, or refuse the truth, or hypocrites?

If we agree in this regard, do you really think that at the very least, all Christians of today, and Jews, meet such description?

That they're all, without exception, lying hypocrites like i asked you earlier?

If you would agree that at least some of them, would not meet that description (insincerity that is, or intentionally changing the truth or refusing it), would you agree then that its possible that god is specifically addressing people who knowingly refuse the truth amongst Christians and Jews?

That is, that he's not saying anybody who holds such beliefs is going to hell and so forth, but that people who knowingly say those things, and embrace those ideas, while knowing the truth (which would make sense since this would make them similar to some of the people of Quraysh), are going to hell or will receive punishment from god and are kafirs in that sense of the word.

To clarify, this is the most obvious part in the tafsirs that i think highlights what i'm talking about:

قَوْلُهُ تَعَالَى: { وَقَالَتْ ٱلنَّصَارَى ٱلْمَسِيحُ ٱبْنُ ٱللَّهِ }؛ هذا قولُ نصارى نَجْرَان، وقولهُ تعالى: { ذٰلِكَ قَوْلُهُم بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ }؛ معناهُ: أنَّهم لا يتجاوَزون في القولِ عن العبادةِ؛ أي المعنى إذ لا بُرْهانَ لأنَّهم يعتَرِفون أنَّ اللهَ لا يتخذُ صاحبةً، فكيف تزعُمون أنَّ له ولداً. قَوْلُهُ تَعَالَى: { يُضَاهِئُونَ قَوْلَ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِن قَبْلُ }؛ أي يُشَابِهُونَ في قولِ ذلك قولَ أهلِ مكَّة حين قالَ: اللاَّتُ والعُزَّى ومناةُ. وَقِيْلَ: أرادَ يُشَابهُونَ قولَ الكفَّار الذين يقولون الملائكةُ بناتُ اللهِ.

Now, lets assume that after reading this you're still not seeing this as the correct understanding. That rather the verse is talking in general about anybody who happens to hold such beliefs for whatever reason (being raised to believe in them or whatever), would you agree at least that such understanding is possible (even if its unlikely in your view)?

If so, then we don't need to address this any further, because i'm not trying to convince you to change your mind, rather trying to explain to you how can one come to such conclusions. If you however want to share anything that you haven't already shared and think its important to note, of course feel free.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Not sure what you mean here. If you mean that most of the time the Quran has mentioned Jews and Christians it has been in terms of referring to them as disbelievers, then i don't really know whether or not that is the case. Assuming that it is though, it doesn't make much difference to what i'm saying, and i'll explain why in the next part.
yes , Allah always adressing to the jews and christians .
and most of the Quran is talking about the Jewish prophets and how the jews people in that time disbelieve , killed ,....etc them (the prophets and messangers )

Okay, consider these tafsirs (interpretations) of the verses you posted:

accautly the two tafsirs did not deny that they are not disbeliever
, on contrary it's said they are disbelievers especialy the christains if they said "Jesus is God " or if they said "God is three " in the two way they are kofar (disbelievers ) .

i re-post the same link that you posted BUT it's complete :)

قَوْلُهُ تَعَالَى: { لَقَدْ كَفَرَ ٱلَّذِينَ قَالُوۤاْ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ هُوَ ٱلْمَسِيحُ ٱبْنُ مَرْيَمَ }؛ نزَلت في نصارَى نَجران السيِّدِ والعاقب ومَن معهُما، وهم الماريعقوبيَّة؛ قالوا: إنَّ اللهَ هو المسيحُ بن مريمَ.

قَوْلُهُ تَعَالَى: { وَقَالَ ٱلْمَسِيحُ يَابَنِيۤ إِسْرَائِيلَ ٱعْبُدُواْ ٱللَّهَ رَبِّي وَرَبَّكُمْ إِنَّهُ مَن يُشْرِكْ بِٱللَّهِ }؛ إعلامٌ من اللهِ تعالى أن المسيحَ دعاهم إلى توحيدِ الله تعالى، وأعلمَهم أنَّ شيئاً حالهُ في أمه مربوبٌ كحالهم، وأعلمَهم أن مَن أشركَ مع اللهِ شيئاً غيرَهُ فهو كافرٌ من أهلِ النار، فذلك قَوْلُهُ تَعَالَى: { ٱعْبُدُواْ ٱللَّهَ رَبِّي وَرَبَّكُمْ } أي وحِّدوهُ، فهو خالِقي وخالقُكم ورازقي ورازقُكم. { فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ ٱللَّهُ عَلَيهِ ٱلْجَنَّةَ }؛ أن يدخلَها، { وَمَأْوَاهُ ٱلنَّارُ }؛ ومصيرهُ في الآخرة النارُ، { وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنصَارٍ }؛ أي ما للمشرِكين من مانعٍ يمنعُهم من عذاب الله.

ثم بيَّن اللهُ كُفرَ الفريقِ الآخر من النَّصارى، وهم المرقُوشيَّة، فقال عَزَّ وَجَلَّ: { لَّقَدْ كَفَرَ ٱلَّذِينَ قَالُوۤاْ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ ثَالِثُ ثَلاَثَةٍ }؛ أي أحدُ ثلاثةٍ: أبٌ؛ وابنٌ؛ وروحُ قدسٍ، { وَمَا مِنْ إِلَـٰهٍ إِلاَّ إِلَـٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ وَإِن لَّمْ يَنتَهُواْ }؛ أي المنافقون؛ { عَمَّا يَقُولُونَ }؛ من مقالتِهم الأُولى والثانية، { لَيَمَسَّنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ }؛ أي ليُصِيبَنَّ الذين أقَامُوا على مقالةِ الكفر، { مِنْهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ }؛ وجيعٌ يخلصُ وجعه إلى قلوبكم.

look brother as the tafsir said : that even Jesus (pbuh) told them (the jews) that they are "kofar" if they believe in him that he is a God , and he told them to believe in God and did not make partner to GOD.

as you see Allah in the Quran said that " even Jesus (pbuh) told the jews to don't considerate him as God or son of God ..etc , and if they did , they will be kofar "

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I really don't know what to say. I'll just be nice and assume that your bad English is whats responsible for you missing my point entirely time after time.

i re-post the same link that you posted BUT it's complete :)

What?

I quoted the expert specifically that i found most obvious (to help you), and stated so. The links however were there to be clicked and properly read.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
*Staff Advisory*

Please keep Rule 10 in mind when posting here. This is a DIR, the rule applies here:

10. Discuss Individual Religions Forums
The DIR forums are for the express use for discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. Only posts that comply with the tenets or spirit of that DIR are permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
English is my weak point here .:D

What?

I quoted the expert specifically that i found most obvious (to help you), and stated so. The links however were there to be clicked and properly read.
the verses that you posted it's help .
what i am try to say that Jesus (pbuh) himself ask the Christians to believe in him as messanger not as God or son of God OR they will become "kofar"

that's the meaning of the verses and tafsir .

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
the verses that you posted it's help .

Cool, i'm glad that its any help.

what i am try to say that Jesus (pbuh) himself ask the Christians to believe in him as messanger not as God or son of God OR they will become "kofar"

that's the meaning of the verses and tafsir .

In your view and understanding, that is. In my view and understanding, that is only a part of the interpretation, of one of those verses (i assume you just made a mistake in saying that this is the interpretation of all those verses). IOW, while i agree that of course Jesus told certain people so, that doesn't actually address what i was trying to say regarding that verse, and the other ones.

If you want to address this any further, lets do it in your thread, the one you opened specifically about this topic, its a more appropriate place for this. If thats okay with you. :)

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Cool, i'm glad that its any help.

In your view and understanding, that is. In my view and understanding, that is only a part of the interpretation, of one of those verses (i assume you just made a mistake in saying that this is the interpretation of all those verses). IOW, while i agree that of course Jesus told certain people so, that doesn't actually address what i was trying to say regarding that verse, and the other ones.

If you want to address this any further, lets do it in your thread, the one you opened specifically about this topic, its a more appropriate place for this. If thats okay with you. :)
i hope it's allowed the debate there :p
ok brother :)
ok let do it my thread ,that's why i open it :)