• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam: Ask your questions

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
are you asking if we are allowed to use yeast. or is that what makes the bread unleveled?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Some of you may remember a poster who very briefly frequented the forum. This person claimed that there are no such things as Christians and Jews. Is this a common thought of Muslims? That Christians and Jews simply don't exist?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Some of you may remember a poster who very briefly frequented the forum. This person claimed that there are no such things as Christians and Jews. Is this a common thought of Muslims? That Christians and Jews simply don't exist?

there are christians and jews, in islam they are reffered to as the Ehli Kitab, meaning The People of The Book, since they believe in the previous books of Allah (swt) but not the quran.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
there are christians and jews, in islam they are reffered to as the Ehli Kitab, meaning The People of The Book, since they believe in the previous books of Allah (swt) but not the quran.
What is the fate of a person of the book? Will they go to Jannah or Jahannam? I've had different opinions given me before now.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
so the question was whether yeast is permited or not right?
if so then the stuff below explains it.

Yeast is a single celled plant that has been useful to mankind since pre-historic times. There are numerous applications of yeast in the Halal food market.
  • Baker's Yeast: Halal
    The role of baker yeast in baking industry is to leaven bread and related products. Baker's Yeast is a Halal yeast.
Is Yeast Extract Halal or Haram ?

another site

Muslim Consumer Group

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd

I was also told, though, that the other books have been altered and are not true... why do some Muslims regard Christians and Jews as misguided Muslims, and others flat out think they are liars and infidels?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I was also told, though, that the other books have been altered and are not true...

you have been told, right, they have been altered.

why do some Muslims regard Christians and Jews as misguided Muslims,

because they are the people of the book, meaning they were guided once, but when the other revelation from Allah (swt) came they did not accept it, making them missguided muslims.

and others flat out think they are liars and infidels?

i will have to look into this. see if there is something from a scholar.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
What is the fate of a person of the book? Will they go to Jannah or Jahannam? I've had different opinions given me before now.

[2:213] The people used to be one community when GOD sent the prophets as bearers of good news, as well as warners. He sent down with them the scripture, bearing the truth, to judge among the people in their disputes. Ironically, those who received the scripture were the ones who rejected any new scripture, despite clear proofs given to them. This is due to jealousy on their part. GOD guides those who believe to the truth that is disputed by all others, in accordance with His will. GOD guides whoever wills in a straight path.

[3:69] Some followers of the scripture wish to lead you astray, but they only lead themselves astray, without perceiving.

[3:71] O followers of the scripture, why do you confound the truth with falsehood, and conceal the truth, knowingly?

[3:72] Some followers of the scripture say, "Believe in what was sent down to the believers in the morning, and reject it in the evening; maybe someday they will revert."

[3:83] Are they seeking other than GOD's religion, when everything in the heavens and the earth has submitted to Him, willingly and unwillingly, and to Him they will be returned?

[3:110] You are the best community ever raised among the people: you advocate righteousness and forbid evil, and you believe in GOD. If the followers of the scripture believed, it would be better for them. Some of them do believe, but the majority of them are wicked.

[3:199] Surely, some followers of the previous scriptures do believe in GOD, and in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed to them. They reverence GOD, and they never trade away GOD's revelations for a cheap price. These will receive their recompense from their Lord. GOD is the most efficient in reckoning.

[4:153] The people of the scripture challenge you to bring down to them a book from the sky! They have asked Moses for more than that, saying, "Show us GOD, physically." Consequently, the lightning struck them, as a consequence of their audacity. Additionally, they worshipped the calf, after all the miracles they had seen. Yet, we pardoned all this. We supported Moses with profound miracles.

[4:159] Everyone among the people of the scripture was required to believe in him before his death. On the Day of Resurrection, he will be a witness against them. (talking about christians and how they say he is the son of god, or god himself, added by me)

[4:171] O people of the scripture, do not transgress the limits of your religion, and do not say about GOD except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was a messenger of GOD, and His word that He had sent to Mary, and a revelation from Him. Therefore, you shall believe in GOD and His messengers. You shall not say, "Trinity." You shall refrain from this for your own good. GOD is only one god. Be He glorified; He is much too glorious to have a son. To Him belongs everything in the heavens and everything on earth. GOD suffices as Lord and Master.

[5:65] If only the people of the scripture believe and lead a righteous life, we will then remit their sins, and admit them into gardens of bliss.

[29:46] Do not argue with the people of the scripture (Jews, Christians, and Muslims) except in the nicest possible manner - unless they transgress - and say, "We believe in what was revealed to us and in what was revealed to you, and our god and your god is one and the same; to Him we are submitters."

[33:26] He also brought down their allies among the people of the scripture from their secure positions, and threw terror into their hearts. Some of them you killed, and some you took captive.

[57:29] Thus, the followers of previous scripture should know that they have not monopolized GOD's mercy and grace, and that all grace is in GOD's hand. He bestows it upon whomever He wills. GOD is Possessor of Infinite Grace.

[59:2] He is the One who evicted those who disbelieved among the people of the scripture from their homes in a mass exodus. You never thought that they would leave, and they thought that their preparations would protect them from GOD. But then GOD came to them whence they never expected, and threw terror into their hearts. Thus, they abandoned their homes on their own volition, in addition to pressure from the believers. You should learn from this, O you who possess vision.

[59:11] Have you noted those who are plagued with hypocrisy, and how they said to their companions in disbelief among the people of the scripture, "If you are evicted we will go out with you, and will never obey anyone who opposes you. If anyone fights you, we will fight on your side." GOD bears witness that they are liars.

[98:1] Those who disbelieved among the people of the scripture, as well as the idol worshipers, insist on their ways, despite the proof given to them.

[98:6] Those who disbelieved among the people of the scripture, and the idol worshipers, have incurred the fire of Gehenna forever. They are the worst creatures.

i thinks thats all the verses that speak about the people of the books. but i may have missed some, Allah (swt) knows.

maro

muslimah
Odion said:

[3:85] If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good)

does that answer your question ?

I was also told, though, that the other books have been altered and are not true... why do some Muslims regard Christians and Jews as misguided Muslims, and others flat out think they are liars and infidels?

i don't think they are misguided muslims...i believe they are misguided non muslims ;)

i don't know what is meant by liars...but infidels...yes..they are infidels

eselam said:
because they are the people of the book, meaning they were guided once, but when the other revelation from Allah (swt) came they did not accept it, making them missguided muslims.

i think they were misguided before the revealation of the quran...their scriptures were already corrupted and their creed was shirk already...so they were not muslims before the quran...and non accepting the quran and sunnah doesn't make them misguided muslims ,but simply non muslims

Last edited:

maro

muslimah
Also ,i believe that ahl el kitab who were still holding to al tawheed before the quranic revealation have already converted to Islam...if i am not mistaken....waraqa ibn nawfal ,for example

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
i think they were misguided before the revealation of the quran...their scriptures were already corrupted and their creed was shirk already...so they were not muslims before the quran...and non accepting the quran and sunnah doesn't mak them misguided muslims ,but simply non muslims

yes actually you are right, the 4 men now considered to be prophets by christians (john, mathew and the other 2) had already written the false books some 30 years after Allah (swt) raised Jesus (as)

but then as you say, they did make changes before Muhamed (saws) came along, especially by the jews. making them non muslims.

they were true believers when the books were revealed though.

(i think i should have said the above in the first place)

Moses (as) had his followers, his brother for example.

and Jesus (as) had his followers also, did he have 10 companions or was it less?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Also ,i believe that ahl el kitab who were still holding to al tawheed before the quranic revealation have already converted to Islam...if i am not mistaken....waraqa ibn nawfal ,for example

is this about the cousin of lady Hadija (ra) who was a christian?

if not can you explain it, and what does tawheed mean?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
i don't think they are misguided muslims...i believe they are misguided non muslims ;)

i don't know what is meant by liars...but infidels...yes..they are infidels
Well a Muslim on this forum claimed that not only do Christians and Jews not exist, but that they are liars if they say they are Christian or Jewish... It was very bizarre.

I get what you mean about being misguided non-muslims... but if they are people of the book, and simply don't know better, or haven't heard the message of the Qur'an or read the Qur'an.... could they really be considered infidels? I mean, is an infidel someone who simply doesn't believe in Allah or hasn't heard of him? Or is an infidel someone who knows of the Qur'an and rejects it in favor of some other kind of gospel? Does infidel cover all these kinds of non-muslims? Does infidel always have negative connotations?