• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
it is not me who go around in circles
You're dragging the conversation in circles, using circular logic, dodging questions, and "oh, it was normal then". :banghead3

i didn't say i know more about sheikhs but you say you know enough about islam even you don't know when moslmes break fast in ramadan
That's because I've forgotten when; I'm not a Muslim so I can't remember when I was told - it was over 2 years ago, before I started losing my hearing, you know. :rolleyes: I knew it was Maghrib or Isha'.
i say facts in my religion
you don't accept it it is ok as you like
where is the problem
When you say they are facts, not belief - when you try to pass them off as facts, without proof they are. I asked you for proof that the Kaaba was built by Abraham, and you couldn't do it - instead you rely on holy books, poems and songs, and "Arabs know it". :rolleyes: That doesn't sell it for me.

and if your time is very percious don't waste it here
you have things in your mind came from nonmoslems people
and you think that is islam
as you like but as amoslem i know it is not islam
I'm sorry, I never knew the sheikh at the local mosque was a non-Muslim. How long have you known him?

also i know you don't search for truth
i know what are you doing here
:mad: Don't you DARE tell me I'm not searching for truth - at least I can search for it with an open-mind. I search for truth, not lies, not fables, and not circular logic.

What am I doing here, then, since you know me so well?

.lava

Veteran Member
:mad: Don't you DARE tell me I'm not searching for truth - at least I can search for it with an open-mind. I search for truth, not lies, not fables, and not circular logic.

What am I doing here, then, since you know me so well?

sweetie :D
you know, i can't help loving people. also, today, i feel like i am little naugthy and fun. please let me tell you whatever comes to my mind -for you.

i am your friend. i want you to be happy. that is what i pray for. because i am happy. remember what Mohammad (PBUH) once said; "word is magic". yes, they are. we put sounds onto our breaths. as they are magic, they are also just air. two names of Allah; Hay and Hu. you can easily pronounce them because their sounds match with hi and who. the name Hay (hi) is the sound of inhale, try. the name Hu (who) is the sound of exhale. tried? name of Allah is in our breaths even though we are not aware. Hay means ever-living, alive. Hu is a bit special because it points Allah itself.

there are many names of Allah and each person has a unique combination of names of Allah. kinda like DNA. everyone is unique like fingerprints. if someone was aggressive that means he has a lack of one of the names so he needs to say that name to cure his temper. that name would El Halim:

THE FORBEARING ONE
He who is the most clement. He who is never in a hurry to punish His servants for their sins and gives them ample time to repent and make amends. His mercy overcomes His anger and He is ever eagerly inclined to forgive on penitence.

you want the truth? then don't search it in people because they are like you. believe in God, believe in a Creator? here is the essence of Submission: wish to reach God and God would make you reach him. under one condition alone; SINCERETY.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
from science of course- yes, of course and this is exactly my point. the only difference between you and me is that i also know it from Qur'an. are you gonna ignore this?

Yes in a nut shell,i like science,it can be found out if it is false,religion is another kettle of Fish,mostly it is ambiguos and there are so many religions out there and none can be proven because they are beliefs and not facts.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Why thank you lava :D

However, I must disagree with you on "hay" (hi) being inhaled. My major at university is/was linguistics. It is a diphthong, not a monophthong. Hi = /haɪ/, and in some dialects, usually foreign, it could be /haj/. There are no implosive vowels, meaning you do not inhale with any vowels. :D The reason it is more obvious with "hu" is because "u" uses rounded ("pursed") lips and is a monophthong, meaning it is a pure sound. :D

.lava

Veteran Member
Yes in a nut shell,i like science,it can be found out if it is false,religion is another kettle of Fish,mostly it is ambiguos and there are so many religions out there and none can be proven because they are beliefs and not facts.

there is one creation, there is one God and there is one religion. i do understand you. but you don't understand me. go google Istanbul, that's the city where i live. look at the pictures. you'd see Istanbul through someone elses camera and you'd have an idea of the city. but my idea of the same city is entirely different and greater. because i live here. the way you'd know Istanbul is exactly like how you know Islam. through someone elses camera. mine or his or hers...but not yours, my friend. so, yes, i do understand you when you say they are beliefs, not facts. that's your fact.

.lava

Veteran Member
Why thank you lava :D

However, I must disagree with you on "hay" (hi) being inhaled. My major at university is/was linguistics. It is a diphthong, not a monophthong. Hi = /haɪ/, and in some dialects, usually foreign, it could be /haj/. There are no implosive vowels, meaning you do not inhale with any vowels. :D The reason it is more obvious with "hu" is because "u" uses rounded ("pursed") lips and is a monophthong, meaning it is a pure sound. :D

let's see if i can find a Sufi song with Hay and HU. i am definetely not an expert on sound so maybe it sounds like Haj. don't even know the difference between hi and high. so yea...excuse my sounds in English :)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
let's see if i can find a Sufi song with Hay and HU. i am definetely not an expert on sound so maybe it sounds like Haj. don't even know the difference between hi and high. so yea...excuse my sounds in English :)

I wrote it in phonetic script (International Phonetic Alphabet); it is not pronounced as haj, this is how the sounds are transcribed in the International Phonetic Alphabet, though. :D

Hi and high? There is no difference. :)

.lava

Veteran Member
I wrote it in phonetic script (International Phonetic Alphabet); it is not pronounced as haj, this is how the sounds are transcribed in the International Phonetic Alphabet, though. :D

Hi and high? There is no difference. :)

:eek::eek: high, what's up?

.lava

Veteran Member
Oh! You mean meaning-wise. :D

High = far from the ground
Hi = hello, merhaba, salaam, saluton, etc :D

yes. but it was bad example. i don't get the difference between sun and son. i think this is better example.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
yes. but it was bad example. i don't get the difference between sun and son. i think this is better example.

Sun = giant ball of helium in the sky during daytime hours
Son = someone's boy child :D

In my dialect, both are pronounced the same.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
there is one creation, there is one God and there is one religion. i do understand you. but you don't understand me. go google Istanbul, that's the city where i live. look at the pictures. you'd see Istanbul through someone elses camera and you'd have an idea of the city. but my idea of the same city is entirely different and greater. because i live here. the way you'd know Istanbul is exactly like how you know Islam. through someone elses camera. mine or his or hers...but not yours, my friend. so, yes, i do understand you when you say they are beliefs, not facts. that's your fact.

You omitted IMO,Istanbul is a great City from an Archetectral point of view,the Byzantines were amazing craftsmen and have left their mark.
Yes i do deal in facts,they are comforting,they are obviously not ambiguous so the same fact will be seen from anyone.

.lava

Veteran Member
You omitted IMO,Istanbul is a great City from an Archetectral point of view,the Byzantines were amazing craftsmen and have left their mark.
Yes i do deal in facts,they are comforting,they are obviously not ambiguous so the same fact will be seen from anyone.

yes, me too, i care for facts. there are things that i say about Islam which comes from my experiences. i learn it but i also live it. you can not experience it through my experiences. this is what i am saying. you talk to Muslims so you get to know people, not the religion. each person is unique so are paths. as it was said, the numbers OF PATHS that reach God is more than numbers of breath of all creatures. i don't expect you to reach facts because you don't even take a step inside. same facts? if we both look at the same pink flower, could you tell me what's gonna prove we really see the same tone of pink?

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
Sun = giant ball of helium in the sky during daytime hours
Son = someone's boy child :D

In my dialect, both are pronounced the same.

huh?! so you figure out which one was said as you speak...like she says she gave birth to a sun/son and you assume .....well she could not give birth to sun so it must be a boy...OK lol

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
yes, me too, i care for facts. there are things that i say about Islam which comes from my experiences. i learn it but i also live it. you can not experience it through my experiences. this is what i am saying. you talk to Muslims so you get to know people, not the religion. each person is unique so are paths. as it was said, the numbers OF PATHS that reach God is more than numbers of breath of all creatures. i don't expect you to reach facts because you don't even take a step inside. same facts? if we both look at the same pink flower, could you tell me what's gonna prove we really see the same tone of pink?

I know enough that its not for me,first and formost its second hand and there are no thought processes required,as you say you live it,its your A-Z of life,i like being as free as is possible in thought and action which is in conflict with your religion.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
huh?! so you figure out which one was said as you speak...like she says she gave birth to a sun/son and you assume .....well she could not give birth to sun so it must be a boy...OK lol

Yeah, that's right :D

They are called "homophones" - meaning literally "same sound". You can't give birth to a sun, you're right - so it's going to be a son. :D Same as "rows" and "rose", "prophet" and "profit" - all sound the same.

Doesn't Turkish have any?

.lava

Veteran Member
Yeah, that's right :D

They are called "homophones" - meaning literally "same sound". You can't give birth to a sun, you're right - so it's going to be a son. :D Same as "rows" and "rose", "prophet" and "profit" - all sound the same.

Doesn't Turkish have any?

in Turkish...there are. but we write them exactly the same yet they mean different. gül means rose for example but it also means smile. yüz means hundred, also means swim, also means face, also means side...etc

.lava

Veteran Member
I know enough that its not for me,first and formost its second hand and there are no thought processes required,as you say you live it,its your A-Z of life,i like being as free as is possible in thought and action which is in conflict with your religion.

what do you mean 'second hand'?
yes, there are rules. of course for me those rules free me, practicing them make me happy and that is a fact.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
what do you mean 'second hand'?
yes, there are rules. of course for me those rules free me, practicing them make me happy and that is a fact.

Good if it makes you happy but it isn't enough for me,i need more than a book or what someone has told me.