• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

Matrix

Please stop quoting Turkey !
You are showing me photos only from Istanbul. This city has a "Western" half where these Churches are built. I´m talking about a real Islamic country, something like Iran.

.lava

Veteran Member
Please stop quoting Turkey !
You are showing me photos only from Istanbul. This city has a "Western" half where these Churches are built. I´m talking about a real Islamic country, something like Iran.

oh so you did not like freedom of Christians in a Muslims nation. i am sorry i did not help your cause here but i am Turkish and i live in Istanbul. there are other Muslims from other Muslim nations so ask them about their own nation. just do not expect me to talk about somewhere i'd ever been in my whole life, OK?

Reactions: kai

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
cairo_005p.jpg

CopticChurch-theHangingChurch,Cairo.jpg

Here's two churches in Cairo, Egypt.

Would Zoroastrian places of worship be "acceptable" for you, instead? Christianity was not, as far as I'm aware, very prominent in Iran - though Zoroastrianism was.

Reactions: kai

Alla Prima

my religion order me when we speak about topic like we talk is to respect you
argue with them respectively 16 :126
so some times my human nature tell me some times to attack you with bad words
but i can't because my religion told me not to do that

The Koran shows no respect for other religions or non Muslims. 'Nonbelievers' and 'idolators' are to be killed, shunned and considered dirty.

I give you three translations:

YUSUFALI: If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).
PICKTHAL: And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.
SHAKIR: And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Take not into your intimacy those outside your ranks: They will not fail to corrupt you. They only desire your ruin: Rank hatred has already appeared from their mouths: What their hearts conceal is far worse. We have made plain to you the Signs, if ye have wisdom.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Take not for intimates others than your own folk, who would spare no pains to ruin you; they love to hamper you. Hatred is revealed by (the utterance of) their mouths, but that which their breasts hide is greater. We have made plain for you the revelations if ye will understand.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! do not take for intimate friends from among others than your own people; they do not fall short of inflicting loss upon you; they love what distresses you; vehement hatred has already appeared from out of their mouths, and what their breasts conceal is greater still; indeed, We have made the communications clear to you, if you will understand.

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

YUSUFALI: In most of their secret talks there is no good: But if one exhorts to a deed of charity or justice or conciliation between men, (Secrecy is permissible): To him who does this, seeking the good pleasure of Allah, We shall soon give a reward of the highest (value).
PICKTHAL: There is no good in much of their secret conferences save (in) him who enjoineth almsgiving and kindness and peace-making among the people. Whoso doeth that, seeking the good pleasure of Allah, We shall bestow on him a vast reward.
SHAKIR: There is no good in most of their secret counsels except (in his) who enjoins charity or goodness or reconciliation between people; and whoever does this seeking Allah's pleasure, We will give him a mighty reward.

YUSUFALI: Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.
PICKTHAL: Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying.
SHAKIR: Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

Briefly:

PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers

PICKTHAL: They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah

PICKTHAL: Thou wilt find the most vehement of mankind in hostility to those who believe (to be) the Jews and the idolaters.

PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean.

PICKTHAL: Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.

PICKTHAL: Unto Him is the return of all of you; it is a promise of Allah in truth. Lo! He produceth creation, then reproduceth it, that He may reward those who believe and do good works with equity; while, as for those who disbelieve, theirs will be a boiling drink and painful doom because they disbelieved.

PICKTHAL: And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell.

I could go on and on with many more verses.

Matrix

:sorry1:Sorry Lava, did´nt mean to be insulting to you !
I only know that in general, Islam is a very agressive religion which is very imposing and mostly disrespectful and intollerant of Christian Beliefs.
i know a little about the history and the "cruesades" and where and how Islam received its Christian Origins.
I love Turkey, I´ve been there many times. I was alone and befriended by a wonderful, humble Turkish Family whom I Love very much. I even had a Turkish Girlfriend from Izmir.

pharon85

dear Pharon85, i am not Shia and we do not even use the word Sheikh. we follow Qur'an and real hadiths. it is God who gave duty to Imams. today it is Imams who teach people their religion. God openly says that there are Imams who invite hell. so, yes, of course we ask God about religious teachers. we do not follow anyone just because he appears to be a teacher. God shows us who to follow and only after that we follow.

good ,but when you say some thing like god gave duty to some one
may be some one think it is like pope
yes god gave human duties you and me know that because we are moslems
but other may misunderstand your words

Alla Prima

That's what I admire about Turkey, Lava - your above two posts. :)

I think Saudi law requires everyone to be Muslim, but I'll ask. (I never knew he lived there!)

Yes I believe Saudi Arabia is the only Islamic country which doesn't allow Christian churches but I may be wrong.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Please tell me where in an Islamic country a Christian church is ???
Which country would this be ???
Are you freaking kidding me?!!!.....In my area (in Cairo), we have 4 churches!!
Cairo alone has a sum of 70 or something churchs!!

Matrix said:
I only know that in general, Islam is a very agressive religion which is very imposing and mostly disrespectful and intollerant of Christian Beliefs.
I have lots of christian close friends over here!...I've never heared any of them claiming I'm agressive to their religion!!...Actually, we both respect each other..

During Ramadan, when we are not allowed to eat all day, our christian friends share the habit, and try as much as they can not to eat infront of us. That is what we call "sharing"!

.lava

Veteran Member
:sorry1:Sorry Lava, did´nt mean to be insulting to you !
i know a little about the history and the "cruesades" and where and how Islam received its Christian Origins.
I love Turkey, I´ve been there many times. I was alone and befriended by a wonderful, humble Turkish Family whom I Love very much. I even had a Turkish Girlfriend from Izmir.

hatred, showing no respect and tolerance and bigot behavior are not owned by Muslims. Christian nations have the exact same type of people too. this is ignorance. this human showing no sign of humanity. you say Islam is aggressive but this is how you introduce yourself with, you are aggressive. don't you know not all Muslims are one and the same? haven't you ever met Christians or Jews who hates rest of the world? why is it so OK when it comes to blame Islam all together? i am NOT holding Bible responsible for wrong doings of Christians. i would never hold Qur'an responsible for wrong doings of Muslims either. i have no double standards.

and don't worry, you do not need to say you're sorry. i just wish i could see more Christians who's trying to unite people instead adding hatred more and more....at the end we all pay.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I don't! I want the truth out for all to see. Maybe then Islam will change for the better.
Alla Prima,

Though I understand your intentions are quite noble - wanting truth and for Islam to change for the better (freedom to convert to and from, etc), you're going about it the wrong way. :)

Critisizing it heavily, constantly and whatnot will only send people towards even more conservative leanings, unfrotunately. It's human nature. People aren't insulted or critisized out of their beliefs, they're asked questions they cannot answer.

Christian fundamentalism, for example, is becoming more popular as others become more secular and more people are becoming hostile towards religion.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Yes I believe Saudi Arabia is the only Islamic country which doesn't allow Christian churches but I may be wrong.
Hmmm, perhaps. It's super-conserative Islam there, though. From an outside perspective it can seem like, Fred Phelps as a Muslim. :D

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Are you freaking kidding me?!!!.....In my area (in Cairo), we have 4 churches!!
Cairo alone has a sum of 70 or something churchs!!

I have lots of christian close friends over here!...I've never heared any of them claiming I'm agressive to their religion!!...Actually, we both respect each other..

During Ramadan, when we are not allowed to eat all day, our christian friends share the habit, and try as much as they can not to eat infront of us. That is what we call "sharing"!

And amazingly there are two at least in Tehran

pharon85

Will the real Muslims please stand up,after many,many threads i have thought that if many Muslims worldwide are not following the Quran correctly then there cannot be 1.6 billion Muslims so i wonder what the true figure is.
Islam is not just a religion it is away of life
thinking of islam as it is just pray 5 times and marry 4 wifes and that is all
is so wrong
for example and you talk about that before that islam is just in ignorance countries
is islam that is wrong
prophet mohamed say
search for science even it is in china
when Moslem's really understand ed the aim of religion they were the leaders of the world in every thing
and Europe started with their science in all fields

Matrix

Alla Prima and Matrix, why do you want Muslims and non-Muslims hate each other?

Lava, we do not do this.
I am only hear to establish Truth and to explain how to find it.
I know from mohammeds teachings and his own testimony that islam is not from our Heavenly Father. Isa Al Masih is Jesus the Christ, the Son of the Living God, who died and attoned for our sins.
There is none other who can Redeem us or take away our sins. Not mohammed, krishna,
buddha, dahli lama, myself or Jack around the corner.
Everyone can come to this knowledge, if one is seeking !