• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

.lava

Veteran Member
There's a pattern here. Anyone who criticizes Islam is being vilified as a hater of Muslims or one who wishes hatred between Muslims and non-Muslims. Nothing could be further from the truth. We want Islam to become the religion of peace it claims to be. We want Islam to join the human family and have compassion for all peoples and all religions. But I fear it can't. Maybe someday it will but not unless all non-Muslims understand Islam's true purpose and true nature and demand change. We non-Muslims have to stop thinking of Islam as simply another benign religion like Christianity or Buddhism. It isn't. In order to change something we first must know what it is we're dealing with. Islam as it exists today is a divisive ideology which is not compatible with free Liberal democracies. It does not respect or even tolerate other religions as I have shown in my previous posts. Yes some Muslims do repect and tolerate other religions but the teachings of Islam clearly don't. This must change.

My wish is that one day we all live in peace - Muslims and non-Muslims alike. But we will never be able to do that until Islam takes a hard look at itself and that will never happen as long as we continue to bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything is fine.

it is because you know wrong-doings of Muslims and think it is what Islam teaches. you do not see the difference between individuals and Islam the religion itself. i try to explain and you read then you ignore verses i share from Qur'an. or you call Muslims here liars, just because they are peaceful and tolerant.

wanna talk and critize bigot Muslims and wrong-doings of Muslims among 2 billion, fine, LET'S! but you claim to know Qur'an and all your information comes from translations, hadiths and some sites who propaganda against Islam. well hold on there. be fair. i know i am.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
it is because you know wrong-doings of Muslims and think it is what Islam teaches. you do not see the difference between individuals and Islam the religion itself. i try to explain and you read then you ignore verses i share from Qur'an. or you call Muslims here liars, just because they are peaceful and tolerant.

wanna talk and critize bigot Muslims and wrong-doings of Muslims among 2 billion, fine, LET'S! but you claim to know Qur'an and all your information comes from translations, hadiths and some sites who propaganda against Islam. well hold on there. be fair. i know i am.

I think what you must realise good sir is that in the western world, all we ever see is that bad muslims, the muslims sheiks who want to kill the western world, the sheiks that publicly say all women should wear a hijab because they look like animals. That sort of thing is all we hear, never anything good, only the bad. I think maybe you should use your great knowledge of your religion to try to explain common misconceptions, to try and enforce that all islam does not follow the silly people us westerners see on tv :)

pharon85

There's a pattern here. Anyone who criticizes Islam is being vilified as a hater of Muslims or one who wishes hatred between Muslims and non-Muslims. Nothing could be further from the truth. We want Islam to become the religion of peace it claims to be. We want Islam to join the human family and have compassion for all peoples and all religions. But I fear it can't. Maybe someday it will but not unless all non-Muslims understand Islam's true purpose and true nature and demand change. We non-Muslims have to stop thinking of Islam as simply another benign religion like Christianity or Buddhism. It isn't. In order to change something we first must know what it is we're dealing with. Islam as it exists today is a divisive ideology which is not compatible with free Liberal democracies. It does not respect or even tolerate other religions as I have shown in my previous posts. Yes some Muslims do repect and tolerate other religions but the teachings of Islam clearly don't. This must change.

My wish is that one day we all live in peace - Muslims and non-Muslims alike. But we will never be able to do that until Islam takes a hard look at itself and that will never happen as long as we continue to bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything is fine.
you didn't answer for my question
can tell yourself may be even if it is .000000000001% that you are misunderstanding islam???????

pharon85

I think what you must realise good sir is that in the western world, all we ever see is that bad muslims, the muslims sheiks who want to kill the western world, the sheiks that publicly say all women should wear a hijab because they look like animals. That sort of thing is all we hear, never anything good, only the bad. I think maybe you should use your great knowledge of your religion to try to explain common misconceptions, to try and enforce that all islam does not follow the silly people us westerners see on tv :)
good words
the problem here that every one come with things which is not true and argue with us as it is a fact
and don't accept when we say it is wrong
every one get quran and explain it for us
why don't he let us explain how we understand it
we are the Moslem's and we are who will use the quran so let us explain
mapy we can put a conditions for that
i have suggestion's you talk about hijab so let's start with it
we as moslems can explain what is it why,how
then we can discuses about it then when finish let's talk about another thing
is every one here agree for that?????

pharon85

good words
the problem here that every one come with things which is not true and argue with us as it is a fact
is every one here agree with that?????

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
good words
is every one here agree with that?????

Sounds good.

It is my understanding that the Hijab is some kind of a submission to God, and that Muslim women choose to wear it. I do not argue its purpose, but i do find it disgusting that countries like France want to stop women wearing it. What is your take on this?

pharon85

Sounds good.

It is my understanding that the Hijab is some kind of a submission to God, and that Muslim women choose to wear it. I do not argue its purpose, but i do find it disgusting that countries like France want to stop women wearing it. What is your take on this?
first what is hijab
hijab is for mean cover
cover for what?
cover for women body and head ,she can show her face and hands
why they wear it?
for the same reason that nuns wear it
it is the same look totally
are women forced to wear it?
no one can force her to wear
when hijab was mentioned in quran
the word wasnot force women to it was tell women to
can amoslem women don't wear it ?
it is her choice,that is some thing between her and god
and about france it was about freedom not any thing else
i do some thing don't affect on you so why do you want me not to do it?

GURSIKH

chardi kla
i dono know about churches in middle east but there is Sikh GURUDWARA in BAGHDAD related to guru nanak with a planquin /marble slab with an inscription ,it means The plaque was discovered in 1931. It is in ancient arabic and is cut into the stone. It reads:

Behold! How a wish has been fulfilled by Holy and High Providence. That the building of Baba Nanak has been newly built with the help of seven caliph's.That The Blessed Messenger of God, Hazarat Baba Nanak, has started a fountain of grace issuing new water in this barren Arab land.
plate8.jpg
moz-screenshot-10.jpg
plate4.jpg

.lava

Veteran Member
Alla Prima is only showing the truth about islam !

truth about Islam is with us. what he is offering as truth is the truth of how Western media represent Islam to make sure their socities support their war against Islam.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis

I also forgot to ask what "Jesus the Messiah" means to an Arab or a muslim ?:)
I'm neither :)D) but,

Muslim exegetes explain the use of the word masīh in the Qur'an as referring to Jesus' status as the one anointed by means of blessings and honors; or as the one who helped cure the sick, by anointing the eyes of the blind, for example.

Jesus in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So he's the messiah, but the difference in what "messiah" means to a Muslim and a Christian is a very large difference.