• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam, how much do you really know about it?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Islam is not just a religion it is away of life
thinking of islam as it is just pray 5 times and marry 4 wifes and that is all
is so wrong
for example and you talk about that before that islam is just in ignorance countries
is islam that is wrong
prophet mohamed say
search for science even it is in china
when Moslem's really understand ed the aim of religion they were the leaders of the world in every thing
and Europe started with their science in all fields

I know Islam is a way of life but my point is of 1.6 billion Muslims a very large proportion are not adhering to the Quran.

.lava

Veteran Member
Lava, we do not do this.
I am only hear to establish Truth and to explain how to find it.
I know from mohammeds teachings and his own testimony that islam is not from our Heavenly Father. Isa Al Masih is Jesus the Christ, the Son of the Living God, who died and attoned for our sins.
There is none other who can Redeem us or take away our sins. Not mohammed, krishna,
buddha, dahli lama, myself or Jack around the corner.
Everyone can come to this knowledge, if one is seeking !

and i disagree...so what?

.lava

Veteran Member
So he doesn't want Muslims and non-Muslims hate each other. That's what.

he would look at us as if we were losers if we disagree and if we convert to Christianity he would love us. why do you care? you both acted as if we do not exist. you both announce Muslims as aggressive maniacs. i would not announce entire Western society AGGRESSIVE just because of you two.

Matrix

and don't worry, you do not need to say you're sorry. i just wish i could see more Christians who's trying to unite people instead adding hatred more and more....at the end we all pay.

Typical.
So you do not accept apologies ?
How do we unite ?
how do we find Truth when one has no desire to hear or receive it ?
:confused:

pharon85

People are equal but not all religions are equal. I have no problem with Muslims in a Muslim country saying no to church bells just as I have no problem with non-Muslims saying no to the Adhan played over loudspeakers in a non Muslim country. I say no to the call to prayer. I don't want to hear it so I would protest just like those people in Oxford if Muslims were trying to force it on me. If a Muslim moves to a Christian country which has church bells he will have to put up with it just as a Christian who moves to a Muslim country must put up with the call to prayer.
so you say all religions are not equal
and the less one is ours
me as a Moslem's cant tell Christiane stop doing it
also he cant tell me that
so we all life in peace
people thinking like you in both sides our and yours are who make disasters
first stop please then i will prevent you from doing that
if you are Christiane get to me from bible some thing let you do that
jesues came for peace and love
where is the peace and love on what you are saying?
or what is your religion really

.lava

Veteran Member
Typical.
So you do not accept apologies ?
How do we unite ?
how do we find Truth when one has no desire to hear or receive it ?
:confused:

i am saying there is no need for an apology.

i do not think you can unite people of this world if you insult, discriminate and hate 2 billion. your entrance and how you talk about Muslims can only scare non-Muslims. guess what? you can not love what you are scared of. your attitude only invites non-Muslims to hate Muslims. you might think you!'re serving God, but God wants people to love each other. hatred serves Satan, not humanity. never did, never will.

.lava

Veteran Member
So, What is it that you disagree in ?

human can not save human.
Mohammad (PBUH) is Prophet of God just like Jesus (PBUH)
Qur'an is word of God. the knowledge that's given to entire humanity with Bible, Torah and Qur'an reveals the same path. that would be religion of Abraham (PBUH), as he was not Jew, he was not Christian. but he was someone, a Prophet of God who submitted his free will to God. just the word Islam means submission. in Language of Abraham (PBUH) haneef meant submission. so we call it haneef religion of Abraham (PBUH)

Alla Prima

There's a pattern here. Anyone who criticizes Islam is being vilified as a hater of Muslims or one who wishes hatred between Muslims and non-Muslims. Nothing could be further from the truth. We want Islam to become the religion of peace it claims to be. We want Islam to join the human family and have compassion for all peoples and all religions. But I fear it can't. Maybe someday it will but not unless all non-Muslims understand Islam's true purpose and true nature and demand change. We non-Muslims have to stop thinking of Islam as simply another benign religion like Christianity or Buddhism. It isn't. In order to change something we first must know what it is we're dealing with. Islam as it exists today is a divisive ideology which is not compatible with free Liberal democracies. It does not respect or even tolerate other religions as I have shown in my previous posts. Yes some Muslims do repect and tolerate other religions but the teachings of Islam clearly don't. This must change.

My wish is that one day we all live in peace - Muslims and non-Muslims alike. But we will never be able to do that until Islam takes a hard look at itself and that will never happen as long as we continue to bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything is fine.

pharon85

I totally agree with you !
the truth is; If someone rang church bells in a muslim county, 1. The Church would be burnt down. 2. All the Christians in it would be Murdered !
is that your opinion or some one told you that
if it is your opinion you are wrong
and if some one told you that he is a liar
Please stop quoting Turkey !
You are showing me photos only from Istanbul. This city has a "Western" half where these Churches are built. I´m talking about a real Islamic country, something like Iran.
so you want churches in iran
here is it
Churches of Iran - History, Architecture and Pictures by Gholamhosayn Arab, a famous Iranian Photographer - Published by Rasaneh Kaj, Esfahan Iran
Churches of Iran - Church of St George (Gharib) - The western entrance, Esfahan - History, Architecture and Pictures by Gholamhosayn Arab - Published by Rasaneh Kaj, Esfahan Iran
and please just search in google about churches in iran, you will find alot of pics
you looks know no thing about islam

A

angellous_evangellous

***MOD ADVISORY***

Please be careful to observe the rules of the road here in RF. RF is not for religious proseltyzing - the attempt to convert others to your religion - nor is it for trolling or insulting religions or people.

We exist for civil debate and discussion.

Several off-topic posts have been removed.

Thanks,

RF staff

pharon85

The Koran shows no respect for other religions or non Muslims. 'Nonbelievers' and 'idolators' are to be killed, shunned and considered dirty.

I give you three translations:

YUSUFALI: If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good).
PICKTHAL: And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.
SHAKIR: And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Take not into your intimacy those outside your ranks: They will not fail to corrupt you. They only desire your ruin: Rank hatred has already appeared from their mouths: What their hearts conceal is far worse. We have made plain to you the Signs, if ye have wisdom.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Take not for intimates others than your own folk, who would spare no pains to ruin you; they love to hamper you. Hatred is revealed by (the utterance of) their mouths, but that which their breasts hide is greater. We have made plain for you the revelations if ye will understand.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! do not take for intimate friends from among others than your own people; they do not fall short of inflicting loss upon you; they love what distresses you; vehement hatred has already appeared from out of their mouths, and what their breasts conceal is greater still; indeed, We have made the communications clear to you, if you will understand.

YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.
PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends. They are friends one to another. He among you who taketh them for friends is (one) of them. Lo! Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.
SHAKIR: O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

YUSUFALI: In most of their secret talks there is no good: But if one exhorts to a deed of charity or justice or conciliation between men, (Secrecy is permissible): To him who does this, seeking the good pleasure of Allah, We shall soon give a reward of the highest (value).
PICKTHAL: There is no good in much of their secret conferences save (in) him who enjoineth almsgiving and kindness and peace-making among the people. Whoso doeth that, seeking the good pleasure of Allah, We shall bestow on him a vast reward.
SHAKIR: There is no good in most of their secret counsels except (in his) who enjoins charity or goodness or reconciliation between people; and whoever does this seeking Allah's pleasure, We will give him a mighty reward.

YUSUFALI: Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.
PICKTHAL: Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying.
SHAKIR: Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers; and whoever does this, he shall have nothing of (the guardianship of) Allah, but you should guard yourselves against them, guarding carefully; and Allah makes you cautious of (retribution from) Himself; and to Allah is the eventual coming.

Briefly:

PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers

PICKTHAL: They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah

PICKTHAL: Thou wilt find the most vehement of mankind in hostility to those who believe (to be) the Jews and the idolaters.

PICKTHAL: O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean.

PICKTHAL: Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.

PICKTHAL: Unto Him is the return of all of you; it is a promise of Allah in truth. Lo! He produceth creation, then reproduceth it, that He may reward those who believe and do good works with equity; while, as for those who disbelieve, theirs will be a boiling drink and painful doom because they disbelieved.

PICKTHAL: And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell.

I could go on and on with many more verses.
you are too picky
you never answer for my questions
also when you try to understand quran to must take it as one peace
you don't know what is moslem mean
we believe that one message came from god
the names of religions are different but it is the same message
god is only and god id the creator
so all of us who believe in god are submitted to god
jesues is submitted ,moses is submitted
but who change what god sent are not submitted
so we consider moses and jesues and all other prophets are Moslem's
as you know Islam = submission