• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Immigration In Europe

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Well...when Europeans migrated to America, they did any thing to hide their national identity, because they wanted to start a new life by trying to assimilate American culture and lifestyle as much as they could.
and still Americans considered them second-class citizens.
Being an Irish was not something to be proud of. And yet I wonder, what is the difference between a Dubliner and a Londoner? :sarcastic

But Muslims do not certainly hide their cultural identity

That isn't actually true. Feel free to look at how the neighborhoods of NYC developed by country and language. It wasn't just Little Italy.

Jeremy Taylor

As a Brit, I'm worried about the rate of mass immigration full stop, not just Muslims. It has a deleterious effect on social cohesion and continuity. Indeed, we know that one reason New Labour increased immigration was precisely to weaken traditionalism, which they thought served the electoral interests of the Conservative party. I'm probably more annoyed that anyone from the EU can just come to Britain, than I am about the rates of Muslim immigration

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I suspect the the US's current orientation towards immigration represents what most of the 1st world has used until more recently, when parts Europe have tried open immigration.

The US's stance is to allow limited immigration for humanitarian needs or to help the US. Seems like a reasonable dose of common sense.

The other thing is that not all cultures and ideologies are equally "interesting" to integrate into the West. Some ideologies are just flat out trouble.

Shad

Veteran Member
Canada has very strict laws which pale is comparison to both Europe and America. Most of the issues here are minor. Even when Sharia was being talked about a lot the main opposition were Muslim women. People immigrate here to get a new life away from nations which can not provide this. Many do not see parts of a failed system from home implement in a functional state and society which does not require it.

Flankerl

Canada has very strict laws which pale is comparison to both Europe and America. Most of the issues here are minor. Even when Sharia was being talked about a lot the main opposition were Muslim women. People immigrate here to get a new life away from nations which can not provide this. Many do not see parts of a failed system from home implement in a functional state and society which does not require it.

Well Muslims in the US and Canada usually need quite some money and education to move there.

Europe on the other hand is way too close to them so that all the well... not so educated arrive there.

What i particularly liked about the Swedish elections were the Greens where they made it clear that the Swedes joining Al Nusra and IS are actually the victims and fighting for a good cause.
Nice.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
What i particularly liked about the Swedish elections were the Greens where they made it clear that the Swedes joining Al Nusra and IS are actually the victims and fighting for a good cause.
Nice.
You mean they aren't fighting the "good" fight for Allah, Peace and Beards?

icehorse

Premium Member
A timely article from the New York Times and as you all know they never get any story wrong... Just sayin'...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/17/o...-whats-behind-germanys-new-anti-semitism.html

(Well thank goodness the ideology isn't a factor, phew!)

==

Half of the world's Muslims participate in the five times per day prayer. The last line of the prayer, roughly translated, is: "Allah hates Jews and Christians forever".

Now repeat after me: "The fact that hateful thoughts towards others are ritualistically repeated out loud, 4 billion times every day cannot possibly have any negative impact on peoples' behavior."

icehorse

Premium Member
The translation I read is the one that's been reprinted and distributed over 250,000,000 times. Some might argue it's not the "best" translation, but it's important to keep in mind how pervasive this translation is. (King Fahd Complex, translated by Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali and Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan).

Anyway here's the end of the first verse of the Quran, which is the 5x daily prayer:

"Guide us to the Straight Way.
The Way of those on whom You have bestowed your Grace,
not (the way) of those who earned Your anger (such as the Jews),
nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians)."
Now remember, this is the perfect, final, unalterable, forever word of god. Some people have argued that "Allah hates the Jews and Christians" is too harsh a summary. While I disagree, it seems to me that if Allah is angry at them forever, that's no small issue.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
The translation I read is the one that's been reprinted and distributed over 250,000,000 times. Some might argue it's not the "best" translation, but it's important to keep in mind how pervasive this translation is. (King Fahd Complex, translated by Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali and Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan).

Anyway here's the end of the first verse of the Quran, which is the 5x daily prayer:

Now remember, this is the perfect, final, unalterable, forever word of god. Some people have argued that "Allah hates the Jews and Christians" is too harsh a summary. While I disagree, it seems to me that if Allah is angry at them forever, that's no small issue.

Ah, I'm familiar with that verse. I forgot that that's part of the daily prayers. I'm falling asleep so excuse me. :D

icehorse

Premium Member
Did I just hear that within 10-15 years Belgium will be over 50% Muslim?

Regardless of any degree of cultural differences and regardless of which two cultures would be involved, why would any country would allow such rates of immigration?

Sonofason

You might think that multiculturalism is cute. I don't. Cultures don't mix. Cultural diversity is a quaint expression for cultural disintegration and destruction.

I have my own culture, and I don't want my children influenced by anyone else's culture.

If you want to come into my culture, that is fine. Abandon your own culture and adopt mine. If not, go home. My country might give you a right to be here. But I don't.

Phil25

Regardless of any degree of cultural differences and regardless of which two cultures would be involved, why would any country would allow such rates of immigration?

Its not just immigration. Muslims have a very high birthrate, so their population goes up very fast.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Its not just immigration. Muslims have a very high birthrate, so their population goes up very fast.

precisely. In Italy, which has one of the lowest birth rates, foreign women (mainly from Africa) are the most fertile.
It is possible that they will be the majority, someday.

two friends of mine are married. They both work...and still they are childless because they say that can't afford it.
au contraire, immigrants, who are poor, make babies. I don't understand it.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
precisely. In Italy, which has one of the lowest birth rates, foreign women (mainly from Africa) are the most fertile.

two friends of mine are married. They both work...and still they are childless because they say that can't afford it.

Funny that. I was taught as a child that the papists (i.e. roman catholics) were trying to outbreed us (i.e. protestants). Their huge families made it inevitable that soon they would outnumber us. I was also taught that they were lazy and feckless.

It was of course utter tosh. However I see much in common with the nonsense taken as common sense in my childhood with the nonsense being posted here.

Sonofason

It is not just possible, it is probable. Not that race is necessarily a factor, the United States Fertility rate is about 2.0, that is about 2 children being born per family.

"Among Hispanics, the total fertility rate is 2.4. For non-Hispanic whites and for non-Hispanic Asians, it is 1.8. Non-Hispanic blacks (2.1) have higher fertility than whites but lower fertility than Hispanics."
Explaining Why Minority Births Now Outnumber White Births | Pew Research Center

"As of 2011, it is predicted that the world's Muslim population will grow twice as fast as non-Muslims over the next 20 years. By 2030, Muslims will make up more than a quarter of the global population."
Muslim population growth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Worldwide, Muslim women have 6 children on average.
Understanding Muslims

While I do not believe Muslim women are having that many children in America, it it true that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. But keep in mind, the non-Muslim population of the United States is in decline. With a fertility rate of 1.8 which is at a rate believed to be an unrecoverable fertility rate, majority America will soon be gone. It's okay. It's the legacy we leave for our children and grandchildren to contend with.

Shad

Veteran Member

Cheap labour.