• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamic Immigration In Europe

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Well that's certainly offensive! I don't know if that's the same artist or not.

But regardless, while I find it offensive, we MUST protect freedom of expression. In a similar vein, while holocaust denial is unbelievably offensive, it's a bad idea that in several countries in Europe, it's a crime.

We should ridicule such deniers, but we must protect their freedom of expression.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
I posted this on a similar thread but I think it applies equally here...

Why not fix up the social failures of the systems people immigrate from. If all of Africa moves to Europe because they cant beat a couple of El Kababs, then economically this would drag the European standard of living to a third of its current level, no nation will accept that much degradation with out a violent response. Therefore immigration must be managed, or the goose that laid the golden egg will be destroyed.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't support completely restricting immigration in any country, but I think that it would indeed be useful for secular countries to be more conscious of the possible risks associated with freely allowing immigration into their borders from countries where fundamentalism and religious extremism are widespread.

As things stand, I think a lot of liberals in secular countries are oblivious to or too politically correct toward a lot of the tribalistic and harmful aspects of certain ideologies that many immigrants support. Looking at the state of most countries where such ideologies prevail, I think there are very concrete grounds to be careful about being particularly lenient when it comes to immigration laws concerning certain parts of the world.