• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel Palestine Conflict?

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
Israel has to be very careful, if it is too heavy handed with the Palestinians it could lose Zionist Protestant support in the West and atheists etc, also anger Catholics and Orthodox not to mention the billion plus Muslims around the world. It will just have to feud with the Palestinians until a superpower takes control of the situation. Israel is where Jesus was born so don't the Christians have a stake in it too? The pope could order another Crusade LOL.

I'm surprised this isn't a more popular topic given current events, but there you go.

F0uad, this might be of interest.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I don't think there is a whole lot to say.
I'm with you on that one, Dingbat. Sometimes, it really is better to say nothing and hope for the best.

I am pretty sure everyone is in their proverbial corner already.
Personally, that is part of the problem and sadly, the reality is that there is no simple solution that is acceptable to both sides.

Personally I hope all this nonsense stops before more innocent people get killed.
Hamas putting a stop to firing rockets into Israel might help...

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Here is a little sum up:
Since the conflict started Tel Aviv/central Israel have been targeted by rockets every day, which is a new development. We can hear the rocket explosions, but so far it's the sound of the Iron Dome intercepting these rockets before they hit the ground. South from here there have been frequent barrages of more than 500 rockets overall. I'm starting to have a doubt about a ground operation and if there is going to be one I believe it will be limited. There is much diplomacy in the background to reach a cease fire.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Here is a little sum up:
Since the conflict started Tel Aviv/central Israel have been targeted by rockets, which is a new development. We can hear the rocket explosions, but so far it's the sound of the Iron Dome intercepting these rockets before they hit the ground. South from here there have been frequent barrages of more than 500 rockets overall. I'm starting to have a doubt about a ground operation and if there is going to be one I believe it will be limited. There is much diplomacy in the background to reach a cease fire.

I wish you well. I despise Hamas for what they are bringing down on the heads of people in Gaza and Israel.
A cease fire cannot come soon enough.
Following your time in the military must you remain a reservist Dan?

Kerr

I have gotten rather disillusioned with the Israel-Palestine situation. I hate the situation of the Palestinians. But I also hate that some people think launching rockets at Israel will make it better. And I dont have very high thoughts of Israel either. Just dont know how to solve the situation :(.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The conflict started by Israeli attack which killed one of Hamas military chiefs

Hamas military chief killed in Gaza air strike - Telegraph

'Israel-Gaza Conflict: Gates Of Hell' [Norman Finkelstein, Dan Pollak And Harry Fear © RT] [Video]

israeli-prime-minister-benjamin-netanyahu-OFFICE.jpg

1_1.jpg

A palestinian child before and affter the israeli attack

Rakhel

I read the Haaretz article when it first came out. I'm having no trouble with the link.

I had to restart my browser, and then managed to get to haaretz with no problem the second time. However, after reading both the blog and the article, I am still not impressed.
It's a peacenik. All the worlds problems can be solved with a nice hearty round of Kumbaya.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I had to restart my browser, and then managed to get to haaretz with no problem the second time. However, after reading both the blog and the article, I am still not impressed.
It's a peacenik. All the worlds problems can be solved with a nice hearty round of Kumbaya.

I only got the first couple of lines - it said I need a subscription - would you mind giving a short synopsis?

Whats's a peacenik?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I only got the first couple of lines - it said I need a subscription - would you mind giving a short synopsis?
Of course ...

Israeli peace activist: Hamas leader Jabari killed amid talks on long-term truce

Gershon Baskin, who helped mediate between Israel and Hamas in the deal to release Gilad Shalit, says Israel made a mistake that will cost the lives of 'innocent people on both sides.'

Hours before Hamas strongman Ahmed Jabari was assassinated, he received the draft of a permanent truce agreement with Israel, which included mechanisms for maintaining the cease-fire in the case of a flare-up between Israel and the factions in the Gaza Strip. This, according to Israeli peace activist Gershon Baskin, who helped mediate between Israel and Hamas in the deal to release Gilad Shalit and has since then maintained a relationship with Hamas leaders.

Baskin told Haaretz on Thursday that senior officials in Israel knew about his contacts with Hamas and Egyptian intelligence aimed at formulating the permanent truce, but nevertheless approved the assassination.

“I think that they have made a strategic mistake," Baskin said, an error "which will cost the lives of quite a number of innocent people on both sides."

"This blood could have been spared. Those who made the decision must be judged by the voters, but to my regret they will get more votes because of this,” he added.

[ibid]

Rakhel

Whats's a peacenik?

I had to subscribe to read the whole thing myself.

The guy this blog and the article are referring to remind me of Jane Fonda in her hay day. Everything Israel does is wrong and the citizens just aren't willing to admit it.