• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel Strikes Designated "Safe Zone," Killing at Least 90 People and Injuring About 300

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Part of me wonders why you trust yourself to KNOW what is actually happening so soon after an event like this.

Then I remember. Your previous posts didn't care about accuracy, fairness, or balance, in regard to this conflict. Just like a dog in heat.
You don't KNOW what the IDF knows. Especially days after the event took place.

Your arrogance and ignorance are showing. Arguing from ignorance? Is that how you slay the debate?

This has got to be the best example of irrational thinking I've seen on this forum to date.

:facepalm:
^^^ Hypocrisy Alert ^^^

Jay, you sling more mud on this forum than anyone I know. And you do it like a RAT.
You're doing the work of Hamas.

ETA: and @Jayhawker Soule is cheering you on.
Nice font, Jay. You just love posting those headlines, don't you. It's good tactic, because most people reading it ( internet junkies ) respond to quantity not quality.

Headlines are sensational. Click-bait. They don't offer facts.
Look at you! Waving your Admin badge around. Yes, yes, I know who you are. I know what you do.

Do you actually think that matters to me? I do what's right. And this thread is all kinds of wrong. It's a great example of faulty cognition, and irrational thinking coming from the anti-israel mob.

You cannot intimidate me, DS. It only makes me stronger.

^ this is becoming unhinged

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

What you should be asking yourself is, "How can I, an extremely intelligent, caring, thoughtful, warm individual be taken in so easily by a pack of dogs like Hamas?"

What you don't realize is, brilliant people with good hearts are easy to manipulate.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm talking about you reminding me of all the posts you read that are rife with personal attacks as a staff member.

"[A]s a staff member" is your own addition. I was commenting on my observation that you have made personal attacks instead of engaging with the substance of the points in question.

When staff post in debates and discussions, we do so as regular members. Your abrupt bringing up of the "admin badge" is irrelevant to the topic.

I'm not scared of you.

Good for you, especially since I have no interest in "scaring" you. Instead, I'm challenging your arguments and the extreme tribalism and one-sidedness I see in them.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What you should be asking yourself is, "How can I, an extremely intelligent, caring, thoughtful, warm individual be taken in so easily by a pack of dogs like Hamas?"

What you don't realize is, brilliant people with good hearts are easy to manipulate.

I'm not in the habit of asking myself loaded questions. I see you're still associating the criticism of the IDF's actions with being "taken in" by Hamas, though.

Are you aware that many people see both the Israeli government and Hamas as impediments to peace in the region? I'm one of them. Just underlining how much pigeonholing is inherent in the loaded question you posed above.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I'm not in the habit of asking myself loaded questions.

You're arguing from ignorance. And you're being too arrogant to admit it. The cognitive fault is hiding in plain sight, because you are brilliant in so many other ways. The hatred is hiding in plain sight, because you are loving in so many other ways.

And that, sir, is how you are being manipulated. You're welcome.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
You read something into the post that wasn't there

Your Admin Badge isn't in the post. It's under your username. What you wrote was waving that badge around. You were trying to intimidate me. Maybe it was subconscious? I don't know. All I know is, you were trying to get me to shut-up through intimidation. It won't work.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
You're arguing from ignorance. And you're being too arrogant to admit it. The cognitive fault is hiding in plain sight, because you are brilliant in so many other ways. The hatred is hiding in plain sight, because you are loving in so many other ways.

And that, sir, is how you are being manipulated. You're welcome.

I'll reiterate what I said earlier:

And we're back to the same assumptions as before: people who criticize the IDF's actions must be accepting of Hamas' claims, have an "anti-Israel agenda," or have some other defect in their thinking or character. It just can't be that they're merely against the mass killing and injury occurring among civilians.

^^^ Buzz, Wrong answer ^^^

That's not an implication. Implications aren't stated. Good work.

Your Admin Badge isn't in the post. It's under your username. What you wrote was waving that badge around. You were trying to intimidate me. Maybe it was subconscious? I don't know. All I know is, you were trying to get me to shut-up through intimidation. It won't work.

"Subconscious." Now that's a whole new level of assumption and reading things into others' posts that they haven't said.

Going by how tangential, hostile, and meandering some of these claims are, I don't think there's any chance of productive discussion happening here unless or until you have had time to cool down, focus on the subject instead of the posters, and consider that people have various reasons to disagree with you without being defective in their thinking or character.

I hope you have a good and calm morning/afternoon. Feel free to have the last word, although I doubt it will be more substantive than your above post.

Yerda

Veteran Member
You're doing the work of Hamas.

ETA: and @Jayhawker Soule is cheering you on.
Mate, I've had a few debates with you where I thought you conducted yourself well - even when others, including me, were a bit testy. You were patient and even kind in the face of hostile debating partners.

This is not patient or kind. Or reasonable. I don't know if you're having a bad day, or your patience is worn down but you owe both of these people an apology.

Take care.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Part of me wonders whether there is any way for abusive US hegemony to be sufficiently reined in except an unraveling propelled from within its own government by an event such as another Trump win, leading to significantly reduced global influence for the US.

I realize that such an event could get much worse before it could get better (if it could get better at all), but at this point, what alternative is there? The continuation of this heinous status quo?
I expect a Trump win to increase belligerence around the
globe, eg, more US hostility towards Ukraine, Iran, & Palestinians,
more permissive of Russian & Chinese violent conquest.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I expect a Trump win to increase belligerence around the
globe, eg, more US hostility towards Ukraine, Iran, & Palestinians,
more permissive of Russian & Chinese violent conquest.

I think you may be right about all of these sans China: aren't Republicans as supportive as Democrats of Taiwan, or perhaps even more so? For example:

Trump also ratcheted up rhetoric against China and tried (but mostly failed) to start a trade war with it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think you may be right about all of these sans China: aren't Republicans as supportive as Democrats of Taiwan, or perhaps even more so? For example:

Trump also ratcheted up rhetoric against China and tried (but failed) to start a trade war with it.
We can't judge Trump's rhetoric as reflecting eventual actions.
Given his penchant for feting fascists, eg, Kimmy, I wouldn't
be surprised if he green lit a PRC invasion of Taiwan.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
intemperate

The mistake you're making here, is no different than mistake you're making in this thread and ALL the anti-israel rubbish you are posting. It's an undisclosed assumption of which you are denying.

You are assuming that all passions are the same as the islamic passions you were raised with, the christian passions that you have witnessed throughout your life and online, and the colonial passions which are in the history books. But you are wrong. You are attempting to deconstruct from your own indoctrination, and one way to do that is to demonize ALL passions. Ex-Christians who adopt dharmic practices do the same thing.

You are assuming here that the passionate JEW must be WRONG.

That sir, is prejudice and bigotry. You did it here, not because you are a bigot. But making this assumption and demonizing my passions is useful for you in what you need. It's a need. Not a want. I do not blame you, nor judge you harshly. You need it? Do it. But you're still wrong.

I do not deny, nor am ignorant of the cognitive dissonance that is produced in the mind every time I show you that my passions are good and true. The right thing to do, for you, if you are having the sort of discomfort that I would expect for an individual in your position, is to avoid posting crap that I will knock down. Every time I do it, it's going to hurt your mind. But that is the nature of debate.

Sadly, you are literally unable to ignore my posts. It's a consequence of your position as a staff-member. If you don;t like losing these debates. Do not participate.

And that, is the end of not just this debate, but ALL anti-israel debates. The assumption which is undeclared is:

Your assumption, DS: THE JEWS ARE WRONG. BY DEFAULT. ( when they are passionate ).

And all it takes is the tiniest whisper, and you and yours believe it, without applying even the most rudimentary critical analysis to what you are reading online.

Have a good day. Try to get some rest. This may have been a bitter pill to swallow.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Trump's rhetoric

^^ changing the subject is conceding the point ^^

Rev's argument: If you cannot find a demon... conjure one, then knock it down.

Do you realize that you're practicing Christianity right now? I notice you didn't reply to my questions in the other thread. Are you starting to see that I have you backed into a logical corner? And there is no way out?

You are practicing Christianity right now. But you are an atheist. How does that make sense?