• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Christ: the greatest story ever told?

Redemptionsong

The word elohim basically means Power. It can refer to many differnt things. It is often used as a title for God. It can also mean angels. It can even mean human judges.

When the psalms says, "Ye ar gods" it is referring to the human power we have. It does not mean there is more than one God.
All godly power is derived from the one God, which is why the scripture says that 'gods' are those 'unto whom the word of God came'. Since Christ is the Word of God, it is Christ that must come in Spirit to make a person 'a god'. It does not refer to human power because a god is by definition greater in power than a human.

Redemptionsong

Just saying, Christians say that Jesus was a man who was also God. That flies in the face of those Tanakh verses I quoted you.
On earth the full measure of the Holy Spirit was present, resting upon the man, Jesus.

It's important to be aware that Jesus was born of flesh and blood. When crucified, his flesh died. When resurrected, the corruptible flesh became incorruptible; mortality put on immortality.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
All godly power is derived from the one God, which is why the scripture says that 'gods' are those 'unto whom the word of God came'. Since Christ is the Word of God, it is Christ that must come in Spirit to make a person 'a god'. It does not refer to human power because a god is by definition greater in power than a human.
But elohim, like I said, does not always refer to divine power. It can refer to human judges.

IndigoChild5559

On earth the full measure of the Holy Spirit was present, resting upon the man, Jesus.

It's important to be aware that Jesus was born of flesh and blood. When crucified, his flesh died. When resurrected, the corruptible flesh became incorruptible; mortality put on immortality.
That may be what you believe, but it is not what the Tanakh teaches.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
In my opinion, the Buddha's story is bigger and greater. Maybe Christs story is greater, I am just stating my personal opinion. To me, the Buddhas story is much much much more detailed, bigger, greater and more impactful.

Again, that's anecdotal.

Yes. Particularly as The Buddha never claimed to be anything but human. (According to the story) he discovered a path to enlightenment that anyone could follow, which to me is much more attractive than our being at the total mercy of some all powerful god.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yes. Particularly as The Buddha never claimed to be anything but human. (According to the story) he discovered a path to enlightenment that anyone could follow, which to me is much more attractive than our being at the total mercy of some all powerful god.

I was not talking about theological value and what I find attractive for salvation. I was merely speaking about the story.

While you at it Alien, also note that the Buddha is supposed to be sattha deva manussanang. As a Bodhisathva he stopped time. He had Irdhi, while the biblical Jesus didnt have that ability. His maithri is not just a gesture but a miraculous projection. He was far more miraculous in the story than Jesus as spoken of in the Bible. Can go on for a long time mentioning these kind of things.

So if you think it's just a human thing and its an opportunity to dismiss some all powerful God, it's a big mistake.

I was only referring to the story of the Buddha. It's a fantastic story.

Brian2

Veteran Member
That's more believeable than God becoming a man. Although, if I recall, you are trinitarian, and that puts us right back to the same problem. God wouldn't become a man or a son because it would encourage idol worship.

The Father does not become His Son.
But in some Christian Churches there are a lot of images uses and this might be seen as idolatry to some people.

Brian2

Veteran Member
There is no only begotten son. God does not procreate and give birth to little baby gods.

The Son did not become the Son when He became a man. The Son has always been the Son. The Son was sent to become a human, the Messiah, and accomplish the Messianic work that He would do at that time.

IndigoChild5559

The Son did not become the Son when He became a man. The Son has always been the Son. The Son was sent to become a human, the Messiah, and accomplish the Messianic work that He would do at that time.
Jesus didn't exist until he was conceived by Mary.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Just saying, Christians say that Jesus was a man who was also God. That flies in the face of those Tanakh verses I quoted you.

It does not go against those verses since they do not say that God cannot become a man.
And now the Jews have kicked Jesus out and He has been taken up by the Gentiles and now the Jews say that Jesus is a gentile god.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

But was a man of the times and the area and he knew of Jesus and may have seen him for all we know.
Thre is no mention of Paul ever having seen jesus in real life. Paul's only experience with Jesus was in hallucinations.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Thre is no mention of Paul ever having seen jesus in real life. Paul's only experience with Jesus was in hallucinations.

But Paul knew of Jesus and that Jesus was a real person who was said to have done miracles and was crucified and supposedly raised back to life.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Theist lie.

The human story says the advice of conscious bio life sacrificed in the human past had allowed a thinker today to understand how to invent electricity. Today.

Not energy by mass which isn't electricity. One line of advice is just electricity. After a huge natural energy mass is destroyed by humans only.

In his idea electricity I want out of is electricity going away ... no monitoring of all the masses of machines taking electricity. Machines already using electricity own a humans slaves toiling in human life.

Machine mass bodies are consuming outage of electricity not calculated.

A huge mass needed says the mind. Machines have already taken over the humans slave position. Machines replace the life of human toil.

Theist human pretending human slaves life removed out of biology sacrificed would give an answer now about how to get more electricity today.

It had already...advised mind as consciousness natural rational is missing already in a theists mind.

As origin human DNA is gone already. You cannot return to any human origin to begin again as an idea the first theist natural life human thinker of science.

Theist intent human however believed origin DNA had been returned in genetic of life lying by reading a book testimony that had been shut.

Told never read evil again. Theisms occult human science only.

Human theists are outright liars about natural law.

CH gas spirit in heavens had come out of earths stone mass melt volcano. God earth entity planets Inheritor....was never a human nor was it owned by a human. CH gases like methane kill off biology.

A man adult is as a baby adult son of a human man. Was a human theist who named a gas mass in the heavens sitting in its contained space to be a gas. Rock isn't sitting in a contained space. It is solid mass.

Told a human story how the human destroyer changed earths mass spirit gas history and sacrificed all life on earth breathing in a heavens holy as water oxygen.

His machine had taken breath and water....living....had heated burnt it to own a machine. Men had killed off gods natural life as an occult satanist human. To own a machine.

Old testimony was first taught All breaths AH had been attacked and sacrificed by men of mountain technology ∆ pyramid temple science.

No excuses allowed. Science is the occult only.

Science was taught forced in school as religious science that updated its human man thesis himself only by his man human choices only.

False preached human indoctrination is the humans answer. Ignored. As humans toil live in population now the similarity...to compare. As non toiling lazy and agreement to live like rich people had ignoring advice.

Is the human owned warning now.... take a look at human greed and gluttony yourselves.

IndigoChild5559

It means what it does not say?
I suppose it implies that for a Jew who does not believe in Jesus as the Son of God.
It says God is not a man four times. It is obviously an extrmely important point if it is taught that many times.