• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Died For Us?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Can someone walk me through this whole concept?

If he died for us, why couldn't he lives for us instead?

I can walk you through it, but you better be ready for a long walk...

Now tell me God Father, just tell me what it is about this whole concept that you don't understand..........Have you ever read the bible? (not being sarcastic, just trying to find out where to begin with you) Be nice we might throw some frubals your way.;)

I can walk you through it, but you better be ready for a long walk...

Now tell me God Father, just tell me what it is about this whole concept that you don't understand..........Have you ever read the bible? (not being sarcastic, just trying to find out where to begin with you) Be nice we might throw some frubals your way.;)

Well, i know he died for our sins, and i have not read the bible.

Cordoba

From a Muslim perspective, God does not need anybody to die for our sins

He forgives directly to those who repent, as He is a Merciful and forgiving God

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate

He did both. He lived his life as an example of how we should live. And that got him in trouble with the authorities, which got him killed.

I don't believe that Jesus died as a sacrifice for our sins. He died the way that Gandhi and King died. They did not choose to die, but they chose to live for justice and love, full well knowing that it might cause their deaths. In that respect, they died for us.

No, I'm not Christian, but I know many Christians who would say the same thing. It was Jesus' message and example - ie, his life - that was/is salvific, not his death. If he had lived and taught to a ripe old age, as the Buddha did, and was not crucified, he would still be the Christ.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Being human? We're his creations, we are as he created us, so our failings are also his.

No...I dont think so..

I know we cant be perfect..But far from perfect really is ...a hard pill to swallow.

Its frightening..But then I realize??...I'm frightening myself...But yet? I will never live up...Never..Regardless...

Love

Dallas

Muffled

Jesus in me

Jesus stated that it was the greatest expression of love, and God is love.
It is His seal in His blood that we will be forgiven our sins. For Muslims and Jews who believe already that God forgives your sins, God bless you but I have heard of both Muslims and Jews who had problems believing that God would forgive their sins.
The death of Jesus also is paired with the resurrection. By dieing and rising He made certain that we would understand that life does not end when the body dies.

Actually He will do that when the New Jerusalem comes. In the meantime this world tends to execute the divine so there is no safe place for Him.