• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Died For Us?

BillBo

Jesus 'died' to act as a catalyse for the forming of the religion of Christianity is one way of looking at it. Remember this was part of God's plan that Jesus should 'die' and then to be resurrected into the kingdom of heaven.

What is free in the universe,nothing, everything is paid for or bartered for. something is exchanged for another, science is proof of that. Nothing escapes the system of universal laws, not even God. No doubt God is a chess player and he will sacrifice to win the game.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
What is free in the universe,nothing, everything is paid for or bartered for. something is exchanged for another, science is proof of that.
Really? :sarcastic

Nothing escapes the system of universal laws, not even God. No doubt God is a chess player and he will sacrifice to win the game.
By definition, God sets the universal laws. You can believe in a God that sets the laws. Or you can believe that no God exists and there are simply laws. But the idea that God is subservient to natural law contradicts the definition of God.

Love is free, requiring no payment or bartering. I'd hate to live in your version of the universe.

Really? :sarcastic

By definition, God sets the universal laws. You can believe in a God that sets the laws. Or you can believe that no God exists and there are simply laws. But the idea that God is subservient to natural law contradicts the definition of God.

Love is free, requiring no payment or bartering. I'd hate to live in your version of the universe.
I know this is hard to understand, but we live in a paradoxical universe, everything is measured. What is the definition of God, please inform?
The truth is sometimes the most frightening.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I know this is hard to understand, but we live in a paradoxical universe, everything is measured.
That sentence doesn't even make sense. What is "paradoxical" about "everything" being "measured"?

What is the definition of God, please inform?
At the very least, Creator.

The truth is sometimes the most frightening.
What is even more frightening is people who think they know the truth.

budhabee

Jesus knew he was to be a sacrifice for our enlightenment. like osiris before him and many others. He understood this concept. He also knew it to be a correct one.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I don't believe that Jesus died as a sacrifice for our sins. He died the way that Gandhi and King died. They did not choose to die, but they chose to live for justice and love, full well knowing that it might cause their deaths. In that respect, they died for us.
It's interesting how you take a Biblical person and apply non-Biblical meaning to Him.

Sherlock Holmes was my favorite rugby player too.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
It's interesting how you take a Biblical person and apply non-Biblical meaning to Him.

Sherlock Holmes was my favorite rugby player too.
Are you saying that Jesus didn't really exist?

Suit yourself.

As I said in a previous post, those teachings and stories came from somewhere. It's simply easier to attribute them to a historical person named Jesus than to speculate otherwise.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Can someone walk me through this whole concept?

If he died for us, why couldn't he lives for us instead?
Wow, six pages and no one has walked you through anything but a morass of horse hoop.

I'll try and keep this simple and scriptural. The wages of sin is death. All have sinned, ergo all die.

Christ didn't sin and the curse of death was not on Him both because He never sinned and He wasn't of the (fatherly) linneage of Adam. He chose to pay the price for mankind's sin, a price which He didn't owe, so that all might live.

That Christ rose again shows His power over death.

All will be ressurected. Some, who accept Christ, will live for eternity in Heaven. Those who reject Him will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.