• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus in the Qur'an and the Bible

So who was the father of Jesus. I don't believe in immaculate conception and there has never been a child born on earth that didn't have a male and a female for their beginning.
Jesus had no father. Why dont you believe in Jesus birth without a father? Adam and Eve were created having no father and no mother. [FONT=Verdana,Arial]3:47 (Y. Ali) She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is! [/FONT]What is it that you believe?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well the thread is not whether you care or not.
But that is not what I asked. Do try to keep up.

But you should if you are a christian because as I have already shown in post #16 that the nature of Jesus cannot be God because of what he says about himself and about the one who sent him God. And also that what he is quoted as saying in the bible matches what the muslims believe as well and what the quran says.
But at the same time you will tell me, like Muhammad before you, that the scriptures of the Jews and the Christians have been corrupted.

If you don't believe in Jesus then I guess you wouldn't care and there needs to be a whole new thread for you in particular.
This isn't about me, son, it is about the credibility of Muslim claims.

challupa

Jesus had no father. Why dont you believe in Jesus birth without a father? Adam and Eve were created having no father and no mother. [FONT=Verdana,Arial]3:47 (Y. Ali) She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is! [/FONT]What is it that you believe?
I do not believe Jesus had no father. If he had no father than he was never born imo.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
My money would be on his followers, not on some upstart that arrived 600 years after the fact, but hey... that's just me. :flirt:
Ditto.

Though I do believe that a lot of supernatural and extra doctrines have come surrounding him as time goes on. :) So I guess I'd say the nature of the Qur'an (human, prophet, rabbi, etc), but the actions and life of the Bible. :D

But that is not what I asked. Do try to keep up.

But at the same time you will tell me, like Muhammad before you, that the scriptures of the Jews and the Christians have been corrupted.

This isn't about me, son, it is about the credibility of Muslim claims.
But that is the question you asked
Your question was why should we give the slightest care to what muslims think on the matter of Jesus? If you didn't care I would assume you wouldn't have made a comment on this thread. I am not trying to be rude I am simply stating a point that's all. Caring or not depends or whether you believe in Jesus at all. The credibility of my claims are written large in the bible itself it is clearly shown that Jesus isn't God.
John 13;16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
Jesus was sent by God John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
John 14:28 for my Father is greater than I.
Jesus never claimed to be God. And from the prophecy which he gave about himself he never died on the cross. Mathhew 12:40 Sign of Jonah.

The scriptures of the Jews and christian's have been corrupted and I can point this out with scripture itself obvious contradictions which need no explaining. But this calls for a separate thread.
I don't think the credibility of my claims are in question but many christian beliefs. Are you a christian? what is it that you believe about the nature of Jesus?

The point he is raising is that it is impossible for people to suddenly become pregnant like that. Intercourse is needed, thus a father.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]3:47 (Y. Ali) She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is! [/FONT]

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]3:47 (Y. Ali) She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is! [/FONT]
He's an atheist... (not me, I'm a theist)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Within both scriptures, Jesus is held in the most honorable and respectful manner but their are differences between as well. So which scripture represents the true nature and character of Jesus?
Scriptures provide an ideological presentation of prominent personas. I live in the hope that in the future, archaeological discoveries and historical research will give us further insight than what ideology and theology give us.
Im also in the opinion that many archaeological discoveries have being embedded in sensationalism. therefor leaving us in historical shadows as there is a limit to our knowledge of Judah and the land of Israel 2000 years into the past. I would certainly not give ultimate and absolute authority to the words of religious texts (New Testament, and the Qur'an), that would be a grave injustice to the nature of a fascinating quest to discover the humanity of the Jewish teacher, who has had such an impact (whether by his death or by his life) on the course of history.

I believe that neither of the scriptures represent the true representation of Yeshua, the Jewish man of 1st century Galilee, who has left the green hills of his region and traveled to the desert of Judah, and to Jerusalem, the city of many paradoxes.

Last edited:

Shahzad

Transhumanist
He's an atheist... (not me, I'm a theist)

Actually I'm panentheistic.

Muhammad Rasulullah said:

I love how Muslims try to back up the Quran using... the Quran!

Anyway back to the point of this thread, obviously one would prefer a source much closer in time and place to the historical Jesus than a man who lived more than half a thousand years later in a far off land who knew neither Jesus nor his contemporaries.

kai

ragamuffin
Within both scriptures, Jesus is held in the most honorable and respectful manner but their are differences between as well. So which scripture represents the true nature and character of Jesus?

the truth is, no one knows? its all a matter of faith!

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Actually I'm panentheistic.
Oo, ok. My apologies for assuming. :D
And, awesome! :D

I love how Muslims try to back up the Quran using... the Quran!

Anyway back to the point of this thread, obviously one would prefer a source much closer in time and place to the historical Jesus than a man who lived more than half a thousand years later in a far off land who knew neither Jesus nor his contemporaries.
Lol! Me too.

In fact, I find it kind of insulting to say "Actually, Jesus never said...". It's like "How would you know? Were you or one of your parents there?" :shrug::D

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Another point which I wanted to raise, and I see it has been touched in a post above.
To get some proportions: Jesus is mentioned 25 times in the Qur'an, while in the New Testament Jesus is mentioned in name about 1000 times. the NT is dedicated to Jesus, do these facts place the Qur'an as a source we should rely on in order to get a true representation of Jesus? (this was a rhetorical question BTW).

Last edited: