• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jesus was a compassionatie, super-intelligent gay man"

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I think folks -- including Elton John -- tend to mindlessly equate certain traits with gay people. However, in real life, those traits are not necessarily associated with gay people. There are a whole lot of cruel and malicioius gays in this world, just as their are a whole lot of cruel and malicious straights. The traits ascribed to Jesus are not evidence of any sexual orientation -- except to those who share John's prejudices.

I suspect that it is more a reflection of the general truth that people tend to see god as they see themselves.

For example, cats would likely see god as a cat, etc.

Jeremiah

Homosexual conduct was, under the law of Moses, a sin punishable by death. (Leviticus 18:22) Jesus was without sin, and kept God's law flawlessly. Further, Jesus said God's word is truth (John 17:17) and that would include the Law.
In Mark 7:21, Jesus includes fornication among the wicked things issuing out of a person's heart that defiles a man. Fornication is a broad term that includes any type of sexual misconduct, including homosexuality.
Therefore, Jesus was not a homosexual, and did not condone homosexual desires or conduct. Neither does he condone these today. 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 show that homosexuals must stop their immoral conduct if they wish to have God's approval. So do those who engage in heterosexual fornication.

" Jesus was without sin, and kept God's law flawlessly."

Then on the day he was arrested what was Jesus doing with that near naked young man (had only a linen cloth on) in the garden of Gethsemane in the middle of a cold night?

“Have you come out with swords and clubs to arrest me as though I were a guerrilla? Day after day I was with you in the Temple teaching, and you did not arrest me. But let the scriptures be fulfilled.” All of them deserted him and fled. A young man was following him, wearing nothing but a linen [cloth]. They caught hold of him, but he left the linen [cloth] and ran off naked. (Mark 14:48-52)
I mean, what is the deal with the naked young man? Why was he only in a linen cloth if it was cold and what were Jesus and him doing in the garden in the middle of the night? And who is this other disciple "the one whom Jesus loved"?

So she ran and went to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him. - John 20:2

McBell

Admiral Obvious

" Jesus was without sin, and kept God's law flawlessly."

Then on the day he was arrested what was Jesus doing with that near naked young man (had only a linen cloth on) in the garden of Gethsemane in the middle of a cold night?

I mean, what is the deal with the naked young man? Why was he only in a linen cloth if it was cold and what were Jesus and him doing in the garden in the middle of the night? And who is this other disciple "the one whom Jesus loved"?
um...
helping him stay warm?