• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Jesus was a compassionatie, super-intelligent gay man"

LittleNipper

Why do proselytizers choose to engage in their activities? Could it be for the same reason that pedophiles do what they do?

BTW: I've come up with a new strategy: when a person uses an insulting analogy directed at some aspect of a person, I'll use the same analogy, directed at the person who first used it.

If homosexuals are comparable to pedophiles because they both engage in sex that you disapprove of, then proselytizers are comparable to pedophiles because they both impose themselves on people who do not consent to the activity.

Is it a coincidence that most pedophiles in the news are religious figures?

Gee - this baseless mud-slinging can be fun. Now I see why you do it.

I proselytize to help in GOD's desire to include believers in HIS plan of spreading the GOSPEL. I do not do this in order to reap a reward. It is done because I love CHRIST who first loved me ----- even though undesirable.
CHRIST never said for me to hit anyone over the head with the GOSPEL message; however, how shall they hear without a preacher? CHRIST comes to the door and knocks. HE doesn't beat it down and neither do I.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
The APA has changed its tune often enough...

Yes, it is amazing how, as knowledge is gained on how the brain functions, that the APA revises it's stance in accordance with current scientific knowledge.

As opposed to taking a dogmatic stance on old thought.

Jeremiah

I proselytize to help in GOD's desire to include believers in HIS plan of spreading the GOSPEL. I do not do this in order to reap a reward. It is done because I love CHRIST who first loved me ----- even though undesirable.
CHRIST never said for me to hit anyone over the head with the GOSPEL message; however, how shall they hear without a preacher? CHRIST comes to the door and knocks. HE doesn't beat it down and neither do I.

" to help in GOD's desire"

God needs your help? I thought He was omnipotent.

"It is done because I love CHRIST who first loved me"

So you and Christ are like that huh? Well, whatever floats your boat.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So... you admit that proselytizing is undesirable to the proselytized subject of your proselytization. Pedophilia is also undesirable to the subject of the pedophilia.

Do you think they might share a similar root cause?

Hopefully, at this point you're starting to appreciate how offensive it is to have something that you do compared to pedophilia.

Jeremiah

So... you admit that proselytizing is undesirable to the proselytized subject of your proselytization. Pedophilia is also undesirable to the subject of the pedophilia.

Do you think they might share a similar root cause?

Hopefully, at this point you're starting to appreciate how offensive it is to have something that you do compared to pedophilia.

Yes, I agree, nothing but hypocrisy and double standards, 9-10ths_Penguin. But what can one do in the face of such overzealousness? All we can really do is shine it on and laugh at it, like the joke it is.

footprints

I would like to know where you got your information.
According to the APA, pedophilia, hebephilia, and ephebophilia are psychological disorders.
Among the offender types are...

• Situational - does not prefer children, but offend under certain conditions.
    • Regressed - Typically has relationships with adults, but a stressor causes them to seek children as a substitute.
    • Morally Indiscriminate - All-around sexual deviant, who may commit other sexual offenses unrelated to children.
    • Naive/Inadequate - Often mentally disabled in some way, finds children less threatening.
  • Preferential - has true sexual interest in children.
    • Mysoped - Sadistic and violent, target strangers more often than acquaintances.
    • Fixated - Little or no activity with own age, described as an "overgrown child."
"Another problem related to terminology arises because sexual abuse of male children by adult men is often referred to as "homosexual molestation." The adjective "homosexual" (or "heterosexual" when a man abuses a female child) refers to the victim's gender in relation to that of the perpetrator. Unfortunately, people sometimes mistakenly interpret it as referring to the perpetrator's sexual orientation.
To avoid this confusion, it is preferable to refer to men's sexual abuse of boys with the more accurate label of male-male molestation. Similarly, it is preferable to refer to men's abuse of girls as male-female molestation. These labels are more accurate because they describe the sex of the individuals involved but don't implicitly convey unwarranted assumptions about the perpetrator's sexual orientation. "
Dr Gregory Herek, Professor of Psychology at the University of California at Davis.

Could you show me your sources for "heterosexual pedophilia", "homosexual pedophilia" and "bisexual pedophilia".

Or are you just keeping faith in your belief?

LOL yes they are psychological, or neurological disorders, not new sexual orientations as you are trying to make them.

Herek is using a play on words to try and get it away from homosexual activity for the very same reasons I have already explained pertaining the media and a persons perception. There is a lot more to this than Google can offer.

I cannot argue against irrationality. Your first selected piece of evidence says it all, heterosexual adult orientation. You just want to accept it one way but not the other.

I get my knowledge from years of practice and sometimes dealing with this sort of garbage in life. From both the perspective of the abused child, and the perspective of the perpetrator and the knowledge and data accumulated from it just like Herek does.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
LOL yes they are psychological, or neurological disorders, not new sexual orientations as you are trying to make them.
At no time have I advocated any "new sexual orientation" pertaining to pedophiles. Please provide any post I have made that indicates this.
(But I know someone that has...)
LOL understand what your evidence offers. The perpetrators were hetrosexual in their adult orientation which means if they preyed on young boys, they would have been homosexual in their child orientation. This would make them bisexual in the total picture of life. However I do understand you want to change our definition of sexual orientation to keep your faith of belief.

footprints

At no time have I advocated any "new sexual orientation" pertaining to pedophiles. Please provide any post I have made that indicates this.
(But I know someone that has...)

LOL, that is where this all started, you couldn't agree with what I wrote to sunstone, and jumped in with your usual false conclusion. Couldn't wait to see where the information lead and thought you were some kind of psychic reading peoples minds and thoughts.

We have a word for male , male relationships what is it (age is irrelevant)?

Keep your justification up, it is great to document the lengths some people will go to.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
.....and jumped in with your usual false conclusion. Couldn't wait to see where the information lead and thought you were some kind of psychic reading peoples minds and thoughts.
I think this is indicative of your poor communication skills.

We have a word for male , male relationships what is it (age is irrelevant)?
We have a word for men who have sexual relationships with underage children, what is it? (primary sexual preference is irrelevant)?

Keep your justification up, it is great to document the lengths some people will go to.
Can't wait to read your report...

ZooGirl02

I do not claim to know the sexuality of Jesus, whom I believe was a rather extraordinary man. I do not believe he was divine (although being divine would not preclude having a homosexual orientation I don't believe) but that he had a big spark of the divine in his person. I believe that he was just like any other man but that he was probably much more enlightened than the vast majority of other Hebrew men of his time.

That said, it doesn't matter to me whether or not he was gay. I believe that Jesus was a good man who showed many people a higher path of compassion, faith, hope, and love. So, if I get to the afterlife and find that Jesus is gay, it won't matter to me one bit. :)

jtartar

So says Elton John in an interview with Parade magazine, if you can call it an interview. Parade.com features (here) a collection of random quotes presented without context or elaboration.
His take on Christianity.
"I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems. On the cross, he forgave the people who crucified him. Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don't know what makes people so cruel. Try being a gay woman in the Middle East -- you're as good as dead."

Smoke,
It is very true that Jesus was and still is a compassionate person,, Jesus definitely was not a homosexual!!!! Jesus was born under the Mosaic Law Covenant, Gal 4:4. According to the Mosaic Law any person commiting a homosexual act was to be put to death without fail, Lev 20:13. No Christian has ever been under the Mosaic Law Covenant, so this does not apply now. Still it shows God's thinking on the subject. Paul also wrote on this subject, Rom 1:24-27,32, 1Cor 6:9,10, 1Tim 1:9,10.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Smoke,
It is very true that Jesus was and still is a compassionate person,, Jesus definitely was not a homosexual!!!! Jesus was born under the Mosaic Law Covenant, Gal 4:4. According to the Mosaic Law any person commiting a homosexual act was to be put to death without fail, Lev 20:13. No Christian has ever been under the Mosaic Law Covenant, so this does not apply now. Still it shows God's thinking on the subject. Paul also wrote on this subject, Rom 1:24-27,32, 1Cor 6:9,10, 1Tim 1:9,10.
All he would have to do is not commit any such acts.
He could still be gay, but I think his shaggy haircut suggests otherwise.

rusra02

Premium Member
I do not claim to know the sexuality of Jesus, whom I believe was a rather extraordinary man. I do not believe he was divine (although being divine would not preclude having a homosexual orientation I don't believe) but that he had a big spark of the divine in his person. I believe that he was just like any other man but that he was probably much more enlightened than the vast majority of other Hebrew men of his time.

That said, it doesn't matter to me whether or not he was gay. I believe that Jesus was a good man who showed many people a higher path of compassion, faith, hope, and love. So, if I get to the afterlife and find that Jesus is gay, it won't matter to me one bit. :)

Homosexual conduct was, under the law of Moses, a sin punishable by death. (Leviticus 18:22) Jesus was without sin, and kept God's law flawlessly. Further, Jesus said God's word is truth (John 17:17) and that would include the Law.
In Mark 7:21, Jesus includes fornication among the wicked things issuing out of a person's heart that defiles a man. Fornication is a broad term that includes any type of sexual misconduct, including homosexuality.
Therefore, Jesus was not a homosexual, and did not condone homosexual desires or conduct. Neither does he condone these today. 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 show that homosexuals must stop their immoral conduct if they wish to have God's approval. So do those who engage in heterosexual fornication.