• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was not all-powerful and all- knowing.

muizz99

Sunni Muslim
Jesus never was God, and never will be. In the Bible, God declares: “Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one
after me.” (Isaiah 43:10).

Isaiah 43:10-11 (NIV)

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, 10 “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD, 11 and apart from me there is no savior.

Mark 6:5

He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.

Mark 11:12-13

12 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:

13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any
thing thereon: and when he came to it, he
found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs
was not yet.

The Bible clearly shows that Jesus was not all-powerful and all-knowing as the true
God should be.

What can you say? Is this verse "fake" as Christians believe that Jesus is God? (Beware w/ the grammar errors)

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Jesus never was God, and never will be. In the Bible, God declares: “Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, 10 “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

The Bible clearly shows that Jesus was not all-powerful and all-knowing as the true
God should be.

What can you say? Is this verse "fake" as Christians believe that Jesus is God? (Beware w/ the grammar errors)

Jesus never said he was 'God', nor did he call himself 'all powerful'.
Not all Christians think that Jesus is God.

So, since there's absolutely nothing for me to debate here, I'll cruise off to look at the other threads.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
God should be.

I suppose a Trinitarian could possibly mention the two natures of Jesus, but as a non-Trinitarian, I don't really 'get' how it works, myself, and for me, Jesus was simply a human with a closeness to God.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have no trouble believing Jesus was a Son of God.

Certainly, while he was on Earth, and before his Ascension he was fully man.
Prior to his birth he was of God as were we all.
It is believed that he now sits at the right hand of God.
I am not at all sure what "At the Right hand" of an Infinite God might be.
It would seem to me that every one and every thing must be contained "within that infinity."

While God has the potential to be all powerful and all Knowing, I rather doubt he ever makes use of those abilities.
Since the Creation of the Universe through what we call the "Big Bang", there is no evidence that God ever intervenes or indeed needs to. Such intervention, would be evidence of the less than perfect creation process.

God does not rely on or is constrained by Bible verses, written either before or after the life of Jesus. Bible verses were written by religious people, and like all "Religious Scripture" contains the truth as filtered by the prayers, thoughts and errors of the authors. This is true of the scripture of all religions.

rusra02

Premium Member

God should be.

You are correct in saying Jesus is not God. True Christians believe he is God's son, as himself said he was. The text you quoted in Isaiah shows that JEHOVAH, translated LORD in all capital letters, is the only true God, and that we should be his witnesses. That is what I believe.

muizz99

Sunni Muslim
You are correct in saying Jesus is not God. True Christians believe he is God's son, as himself said he was. The text you quoted in Isaiah shows that JEHOVAH, translated LORD in all capital letters, is the only true God, and that we should be his witnesses. That is what I believe.

If Jesus is The Son of God, is Virgin Mary Goddess? And if so, is God a human to have an offspring? I think its impossible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A father who loves his children is confident they won't fail and he does whatever he can do to make it true.

According to the doctrine of the Trinity God created his children sure that they would fail. They could do nothing else but fail as The True God is a Savior from the beginning (according to the doctrine that demands it).

'Jesus' is a savior. 'Jesus' IS God. Means Man was created to fail so that God could save him. There is an animated story about that. It is about a man that wanted to be a hero. He created a threat so that he could be observed halting the threat.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If Jesus is The Son of God, is Virgin Mary Goddess? And if so, is God a human to have an offspring? I think its impossible.

Mary was said to be a Virgin
God, who can do anything, caused her to have Jesus his son. At his birth Jesus was fully human as we are.
What he did later, was through the power of his father.
Why do you think it is impossible for God to do anything.
He created the entire universe. Why should having a son be more difficult?

rusra02

Premium Member

No, the Bible shows that Mary was human, and she died. God does not have to be human to send his Son to be born as a human. As the angel told Mary, 'no declaration of God is an impossibility.' I believe Jesus had to be human to provide, as he himself said "a ransom in exchange for many." (Matthew 20:28) he was a perfect man, the equal of Adam, the first man. Adam was called the son of God because God created him and gave him life. (Luke 3:38)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose a Trinitarian could possibly mention the two natures of Jesus, but as a non-Trinitarian, I don't really 'get' how it works, myself, and for me, Jesus was simply a human with a closeness to God.

I also have problems with the Trinity. Disclaimer, sweeping generalization: though Christians will say it was his fully human aspect this all applies to. That was the response I got recently when I asked why he begged God to "take this cup from me". I still have problems with it.

Wherenextcolumbus

God, who can do anything, caused her to have Jesus his son. At his birth Jesus was fully human as we are.

I think what is hard to understand is how was a virgin impregnated? How can a woman get pregnant without human sperm? I suppose that is why we have something called "faith."

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
If Jesus is The Son of God, is Virgin Mary Goddess?
The answer to this is an emphatic "No." Mary is not a goddess; she was a regular human like you and I. She is called the "Mother of God" because she gave birth to God in the flesh.

And if so, is God a human to have an offspring? I think its impossible.
God the Father didn't have to be human to have His Son become incarnate.

loverOfTruth

So that would make Jesus(pbuh), Mary's(pbuh) son ... why God's son ?

God can do anything...but does He ? Does God go to the bathroom ? These are human/corporeal things which All mighty God is above and beyond.

"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was." (Al Qur'an 3:59)

"The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; [other] messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food. Look how We make clear to them the signs; then look how they are deluded." (Al Qur'an 5:75)

"O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs." (Al Qur'an 4:171)

InChrist

Free4ever
I think what is hard to understand is how was a virgin impregnated? How can a woman get pregnant without human sperm? I suppose that is why we have something called "faith."

It may be hard to understand from a finite human perspective, but if God created the entire universe and all life how difficult would it really be for Him to cause a virgin to impregnated in a supernatural way?

Blackdog22

Jesus never said he was 'God', nor did he call himself 'all powerful'.
Not all Christians think that Jesus is God.

So, since there's absolutely nothing for me to debate here, I'll cruise off to look at the other threads.

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."

What do you make of this?