• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was not all-powerful and all- knowing.

Blackdog22

It may be hard to understand from a finite human perspective, but if God created the entire universe and all life how difficult would it really be for Him to cause a virgin to impregnated in a supernatural way?

While it is true that God could do anything, I think the arguments that Christians make of freewill and God not violating his own laws meet this head on. You can't really have a God that doesn't intervene because of freewill or change his laws (Like gravity to stop someone from falling) as an argument on one hand and then on another hand have a God that does do these things because you have no other way of explaining this occurrence.

Wherenextcolumbus

It may be hard to understand from a finite human perspective, but if God created the entire universe and all life how difficult would it really be for Him to cause a virgin to impregnated in a supernatural way?

Cause he already created the laws of nature, only human sperm can impregnate a woman

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
While it is true that God could do anything, I think the arguments that Christians make of freewill and God not violating his own laws meet this head on. You can't really have a God that doesn't intervene because of freewill or change his laws (Like gravity to stop someone from falling) as an argument on one hand and then on another hand have a God that does do these things because you have no other way of explaining this occurrence.
Except, Mary volunteered for the job. The Father didn't just pop the fetal Jesus into Her womb and say "lol have fun kthnxbai".

Blackdog22

Except, Mary volunteered for the job. The Father didn't just pop the fetal Jesus into Her womb and say "lol have fun kthnxbai".

I don't see what volunteering has to do with what I posted. I am sure tons of people are volunteering for the law of hunger to be overturned at this moment. The arguments for freewill and Gods refusal to break his own laws still hit this head on. Volunteering changes none of that.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Of course you can.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
God can do anything...but does He ? Does God go to the bathroom ? These are human/corporeal things which All mighty God is above and beyond.
Wait a second...

Are you saying that the same god that created everything out of nothing is unable to cause Mary to be pregnant with Jesus unless he (the one true creator god) has human/corporeal sex with Mary?

WyattDerp

Jesus never was God, and never will be. In the Bible, God declares: “Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one
after me.” (Isaiah 43:10).

That also means God isn't really God. Out of what was it "formed"? That I'd call God.

I guess it's time to read the gnostics again :D

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Except god did not interfere with Mary's freewill...
Care to try again?

outhouse

Atheistically
Jesus never was God, and never will be. In the Bible, God declares: “Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one
after me.” (Isaiah 43:10).

Isaiah 43:10-11 (NIV)

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, 10 “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD, 11 and apart from me there is no savior.

The Bible clearly shows that Jesus was not all-powerful and all-knowing as the true
God should be.

What can you say? Is this verse "fake" as Christians believe that Jesus is God? (Beware w/ the grammar errors)

Instead of trying to pick on someone else's beliefs and faith.

Would you like to talk about your own?

Do you think your book of personal choice is inauthentic, or corrupted?

If your in a glass house, its not wise to throw rocks about wildly.

muizz99

Sunni Muslim
No, the Bible shows that Mary was human, and she died. God does not have to be human to send his Son to be born as a human. As the angel told Mary, 'no declaration of God is an impossibility.' I believe Jesus had to be human to provide, as he himself said "a ransom in exchange for many." (Matthew 20:28) he was a perfect man, the equal of Adam, the first man. Adam was called the son of God because God created him and gave him life. (Luke 3:38)

I think Son in the bible doesn't mean "offspring" just like in Luke 3:38 ..

muizz99

Sunni Muslim
what do you think?

Trinity.JPG

WyattDerp

What's "RDMA"? And why is God wearing a pyramid shaped halo? Why is that "angel" adoring his own armpit? Illuminati art is so crap and creepy, every time ^^ Kinda like Hitler it's no wonder they want power, they wouldn't be able to score otherwise >:]

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I think Son in the bible doesn't mean "offspring" just like in Luke 3:38 ..
John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Straight out of Jesus' mouth. And yes, it does say "ONLY-BEGOTTEN Son" in the original Greek.

Blackdog22

Except god did not interfere with Mary's freewill...
Care to try again?

I am sure you are aware of the arguments made for why God doesn't do something like, perform a miracle, because it would intervene with our freewill. God is also said to not violate his own laws because of free will and how we would have no choice to believe in him.

Don't blast me, its not my logic.

To add to this. Mary simply accepted what was already given to her. She was said to be the only one capable of carrying the child (Jesus). God had his eye on her and her alone and she was to fulfill prophecy. Now unless God wanted to scrap the whole Jesus thing then she had to have the child. The Bible plainly states that Gabriel woke her up and told her the news. She had no choice at all, she simply accepted what had happened after the fact.

So yeah, her freewill was violated in both ways. I would add, "care to try again", but I don't particularly care to be smug.

Last edited: