• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joseph Smith - Prophet of God

Bathsheba

**{{}}**
A call for obedience is not so unusual.

"CXXXII
Glorified be Thy name, O Lord my God! I beseech Thee by Thy power that hath encompassed all created things, and by Thy sovereignty that hath transcended the entire creation, and by Thy Word which was hidden in Thy wisdom and whereby Thou didst create
Thy heaven and Thy earth, both to enable us to be steadfast in our love for Thee and in our obedience to Thy pleasure, and to fix our gaze upon Thy face, and celebrate Thy glory. Empower us, then, O my God, to spread abroad Thy signs among Thy creatures, and to guard Thy Faith in Thy realm. Thou hast ever existed independently of the mention of any of Thy creatures, and wilt remain as Thou hast been for ever and ever. In Thee I have placed my whole confidence, unto Thee I have turned my face, to the cord of Thy loving providence I have clung, and towards the shadow of Thy mercy I have hastened."Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh, pp. 206-207:

Regards,Scott

Agreed

jonny

Hey, I hear ya. Sometimes I am quite surprised by what people feel. And then, on other occasions I find their emotions to be quite ordinary. For example, your expression of sadness (based on your perception of my feelings) is probably more passive aggressive posturing than anything else, really quite ordinary, ya know. Will you be saying a prayer for me tonight with love in your heart?

I'll be praying that you get nut cancer!!!

I know you're a girl, but the quote seemed so appropriate. :D

Bathsheba

**{{}}**
So you can agree with other people who believe in prophets, not just the LDS? Hmmm......something seems amiss here.

Keep working on the conspiracy theory, you're almost there.

:eek:

Actually, in all seriousness, I am confident that there are several things that you and I could agree on.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I dunno, something about "love your enemies" springs to mind (Matthew 5:44). What kind of Christian are you? You're like Christian-lite, huh.

I may have to love you but that doesn't mean I have to pray for you. You pulling things of thin air, but that is the usual for your type.

You continue to avoid one question though: Were you LDS at one point?

Bathsheba

**{{}}**
I may have to love you but that doesn't mean I have to pray for you.

Becky, Becky, Becky ... that is not what your Lord and Saviour taught.

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

But let’s not forget that you are a free agent. Besides, what Jesus wants is impossible, I really don't expect you or any other Mormons/Christians to live up to his expectations. It’s all easy to spout off about "love" being the greatest commandment. But come on, loving your family and friends is easy, even the evil-doers pull that one off. But holy hell, loving a harlot like me, now that takes some courage. It is an inside job which becomes manifest on the outside and demonstrated by how we forgive one another.

Bishka

Veteran Member
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

I do not see you as using me or persecuting me, just my Church. There is a difference. ;)
I could really care less about what someone says about me, that's their opinion, and I know differently.

If you are going to claim something as truth about something that I believe in (friends, faith, family, etc.) and it is false, then I have a problem.

Bathsheba

**{{}}**
If you are going to claim something as truth about something that I believe in (friends, faith, family, etc.) and it is false, then I have a problem.

I understand and I appreciate your loyalty.
It is time for me to give a little love IRL.
Nothing personal becky, I believe that if we met in real life I could easily find the beauty in you.
peace
*bathsheba removes her argumentative teeth and sends her love*

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
I really don't want to get into another circular discussion. I'd like to know, if anybody indeed does know, what the difference is between a prophet and a self-proclaimed prophet. To my way of thinking all prophet's are self-proclaimed. Since any claim is a subjective claim.

Thanks
Melissa

SoyLeche

meh...
I really don't want to get into another circular discussion. I'd like to know, if anybody indeed does know, what the difference is between a prophet and a self-proclaimed prophet. To my way of thinking all prophet's are self-proclaimed. Since any claim is a subjective claim.

Thanks
Melissa
A Prophet has actually "talked" with God. A self-proclaimed prophet may or may not have.

It's not so much that it is a "subjective" claim - it is just an unfalsifiable one.