• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaisms Core

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I find it odd that the core of Judaism still seems to revolve around the rejection of Christ. Why do they give Jesus all that power? Why don’t they just go about their business and worship their God? I don’t believe in Buddha, but the rejection of him isn’t the center of my beliefs. Hmm… is there something deeper? Makes me wonder…

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I find it odd that the core of Judaism still seems to revolve around the rejection of Christ. Why do they give Jesus all that power? Why don’t they just go about their business and worship their God? I don’t believe in Buddha, but the rejection of him isn’t the center of my beliefs. Hmm… is there something deeper? Makes me wonder…
If you think the core of Judaism is the rejection of Christ, I think you're missing something.

Christ is completely irrelevant to Judaism.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
If you think the core of Judaism is the rejection of Christ, I think you're missing something.

Yeah, I should’ve did some research before I posted this. Apparently up until recently the rejection of Jesus was the core of their religion but now many Jews don’t give Jesus another thought. So that’s cool. Good to see growth.

GoodAttention

Jews think about Jesus as much as Christians think about Muhammad.

Ehav4Ever

Yeah, I should’ve did some research before I posted this. Apparently up until recently the rejection of Jesus was the core of their religion but now many Jews don’t give Jesus another thought. So that’s cool. Good to see growth.
Just FYI. Jesus was never the core of any form of Judaism. The only times when Jews had to be concerned with Jesus was when Jews in Christian lands in Europe were forced by the Christians of that region and that time into disputations. Other than that there has never been any focus on Jesus in any form. The following may help.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Just FYI. Jesus was never the core of any form of Judaism. The only times when Jews had to be concerned with Jesus was when Jews in Christian lands in Europe were forced by the Christians of that region and that time into disputations. Other than that there has never been any focus on Jesus in any form. The following may help.

Cool

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
find it odd that the core of Judaism still seems to revolve around the rejection of Christ.

Yeah, I should’ve did some research before I posted this. Apparently up until recently the rejection of Jesus was the core of their religion but now many Jews don’t give Jesus another thought.

^ this is this dangerously beyond ignorant ...

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
@King Phenomenon -

Your statement evidenced your ignorance, alarming only to the extent that it indicated you were opining on a subject you know virtually nothing about. Your second statement was more alarming because it indicated that either you misread the sources you had consulted or that these sources were as ignorant about the matter as you are.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
@King Phenomenon -

Your statement evidenced your ignorance, alarming only to the extent that it indicated you were opining on a subject you know virtually nothing about. Your second statement was more alarming because it indicated that either you misread the sources you had consulted or that these sources were as ignorant about the matter as you are.
I’m glad to know Judaism has never given Christ a thought.

That is an interesting claim. Are Psalms not accepted in Judaism?

Why do the nations rage, And the peoples plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth take a stand, And the rulers take counsel together, Against Yahweh, and against his anointed,{The word "anointed" is the same as the word for "Messiah" or "Christ"} saying, "Let's break their bonds apart, And cast away their cords from us." He who sits in the heavens will laugh. The Lord will have them in derision. Then he will speak to them in his anger, And terrify them in his wrath: "Yet I have set my king on my holy hill of Zion." I will tell of the decree. Yahweh said to me, "You are my son. Today I have become your father. Ask of me, and I will give the nations for your inheritance, The uttermost parts of the earth for your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron. You shall dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel." Now therefore be wise, you kings. Be instructed, you judges of the earth. Serve Yahweh with fear, And rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, For his wrath will soon be kindled. Blessed are all those who take refuge in him.
Ps. 2:1-12

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
That is an interesting claim. Are Psalms not accepted in Judaism?

Why do the nations rage, And the peoples plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth take a stand, And the rulers take counsel together, Against Yahweh, and against his anointed,{The word "anointed" is the same as the word for "Messiah" or "Christ"} saying, "Let's break their bonds apart, And cast away their cords from us."

She means Jesus of Nazareth is irrelevant in Judaism.